Subject: [Sip] Locating Sip Servers

From: "Stephen James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 06:52:19 -0500

What is the level of support in the network for the RFC 2363 type of SIP server
location? I have been trying to use dig to look up records for examples of the
records described in the RFC. Are there servers that I can query. Is dig the
appropriate program, or am I way off base. If so, can someone push me at
least in the right direction.

Stephen James

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:48:33 -0400

The usage of NAPTR records is very new, and was added close to the end 
of the standardization process of rfc's 3261-5. Thus, I suspect there 
are not that many deployments or DNS servers you can query for these 
records. However, I believe there are increasing numbers of 
implementations.

Would be nice to test some of rfc3263 at sipit...

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip