Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-sipfrag-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 07:46:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Media Type message/sipfrag
	Author(s)	: R. Sparks
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-sipfrag-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2002-9-13
	
This document registers the message/sipfrag MIME media type.  This
type is similar to message/sip , but allows certain subsets of well
formed SIP messages to be represented instead of requiring a complete
SIP message.  In addition to end-to-end security uses, message/
sipfrag is used with the REFER method to convey information about the
status of a referenced request

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-sipfrag-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-sipfrag-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-sipfrag-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Sep 2002 09:26:49 -0500

This draft replaces draft-sparks-sip-mimetypes-03, and incorporates 
review comments from the IESG.

The syntax has not changed. The draft now contains examples of sipfrag
mime parts and discussion of their use. In particular, the security
section has been fleshed out and now requires extensions that use REFER
to explicitly discuss certain attacks. 

This is ready for approval. However, enough words changed during this
review phase that its appropriate for the working group to give it a
quick inspection before moving forward. Please look it over and comment
quickly. This draft is holding up a train of others.

RjS

> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip