Subject: RE: [Sip] TEL-URL questions

From: Igor Slepchin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:40:16 -0400

I'd say any TEL URL params should be treated within the context of TEL URL
only. Since RFC2806 does not define ttl, method, maddr or lr params, they
should be treated as future-extension params and, hence, given no special
meaning. In other words, tel:12345;transport=TCP does not imply the use of
TCP. 

Thank you,
Igor Slepchin

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Christer Holmberg [mailto:[email-masked]]
> <...>
> But, what about the ttl-, method-, lr- and maddr parameters? 
> How shall they be
> handled if received within a TEL-URL? I guess some of those 
> can't be used, and
> can simply be ignored, but there may be some that should be 
> treated the same
> way as if received within a SIP-URI. Or?
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 07:43:35 +0300

Hi,

> meaning. In other words, tel:12345;transport=TCP does not imply the use of

I guess one issue with that solution is that in the future parameters with the
same names may be defined also for Tel-Url, but they may have a completely
separate function from the Sip-Uri parameter with the same name. So, by simply
moving the parameters from one Uri to anther could problems, or at least
unwanted behaviour.

The other solution would of course to discard the Sip-Uri parameters, when the
Sip-to-Tel mapping... Would that cause any problems?

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland