Subject: [Sip] draft-ietf-sip-update-02.txt- Sending 500 response

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 14:56:56 +0530

Hello
       I have doubt regarding the following  statement of the
draft-ietf-sip-update-02.txt

"A UAS that receives an UPDATE before it has generated a final
response to a previous UPDATE or INVITE on the same dialog
 MUST return a 500 response to the new UPDATE, and MUST
include a Retry-After field with a Retry-After header field with a
randomly chosen  value between 0 and 10 seconds."

From my understanding, the UPDATE method allows the caller or
callee to provide updated session information before a final response
to the initial INVITE request is generated. So, why need to send the 500
 response to UPDATE request where the UAS has not generated a final
response to a previous  INVITE  on the same dialog.

I think the statement should be
"A UAS that receives an UPDATE before it has generated a final
response to a previous UPDATE or re-INVITE on the same dialog
 MUST return a 500 response to the new UPDATE, and MUST
include a Retry-After field with a Retry-After header field with a
randomly chosen  value between 0 and 10 seconds."

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regds
Pankaj Nath

This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited (HSS) and is
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  It
may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.  If
you have received this message in error, please notify the originator
immediately.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  HSS accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email
including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip