Subject: [Sip] Call-ID and Authorization

From: "Stephen James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:10:34 -0500

Question with regard to RFC 3261, Call-ID and Authorization.
Suppose I send an Request (Invite) with a specific Call-ID and that 
Request is rejected with a 401/407 requiring authentication (user to user
or user to proxy). When resubmitting the request is it a MUST that 
the Call-ID be the same Call-ID as in the original request? There are
some statements that seem to imply that, but there is nothing that
seems to require it. 

Stephen James

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 12:18:00 -0400

Section 8.1.3.5 spells this out explicitly:

  In all of the above cases, the request is retried by creating a new
    request with the appropriate modifications.  This new request
    constitutes a new transaction and SHOULD have the same value of the
    Call-ID, To, and From of the previous request, but the CSeq should
    contain a new sequence number that is one higher than the previous.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip