Subject: Re: [Sip] caller preferences and RFC 2533

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:54:35 -0400

responses inline.

Jack W. Lix wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I've been reviewing
> http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-message-06.txt and
> have a couple questions.
> 
> First, in section 5.2 the following paragraph is found:
> 
> 
>>The proxy then takes each URI in the target set (the set of URI it is
>>going to proxy to), and obtains there capabilities as an RFC 2533
>>formatted feature set. If target URI was obtained through a
>>registration, the proxy computes the feature set by taking all
>>Contact URI parameters except for the q and expires parameters, and
>>converting them to RFC 2533 syntax using the rules of Section 6.1.
> 
> 
> Should the word "there" in the 1st sentence be their or it's?  Or,
> should
> the sentence read "and there obtains capabilities"?

I think "its capabilities" is correct. Its referring to the capabilities 
of one of the target URI. I fixed it.

> 
> Second, the text makes many references to RFC 2533 and that is fine for
> describing the intended behaviour.  However, it implies that you MUST
> translate the headers into RFC 2533 format.  Doesn't that impose an
> implementation rather than define the protocol?  Is there any reason
> that I
> really have to use RFC 2533?

There is no need to actually do any format conversions to rfc 2533 
syntax, no. Whats important is that the rule matching procedures of 
rfc2533 are used. The easiest way to do that is to specify that the 
behavior of your implementation has to be as if it had done the 
conversion, and then ran rfc2533.

I'll clarify that.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip