Subject: RE: [Sip] sec-agree-05

From: "Vesa Torvinen (LMF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:31:32 +0100

Hi Feng, 

Find below a summary of changes. 

Vesa

--------------

- The beginning has been partly re-written in order to make it more readable 
and focused. Sections 1, 2, and 3.1 has been merged as new section 1. 
Some text has been moved to section 5 (Security Consideratins). 

- S/MIME in the context of SIP is intended to be used end-to-end,
but sec-agree only negotiates hop-by-hop. The ability to negotiate
S/MIME has been removed. 

- The HTTP Digest part has been re-designed, see the solution in 
sections 2.2 and 2.4. 

- Resolved that if you follow 3263 and end up using TLS you skip 
sec-agree, and for non-TLS connections you can use sec-agree to detect 
DNS spoofing. See the first paragraph in sections 2.3.1. 

- Section 3 includes new text about the use of this extension: is a 
matter of local policy, and could be situational in nature.

- Section discussing proxy-to-proxy negotiation has been 
removed (ex-3.4.2) because the removal of Via headers conflicts
with Sections 8.2.6 and 16.7 of RFC 3261.

- Message examples added to section 4.2. 

- Rules for introducing new 'security mechanisms' are 
defined in section '6. IANA Considerations'. 

- Many minor editorial changes. For example, the references have been 
updated. 

- A 3GPP specific extension has been added, see Appendix A. 

-----Original Message-----
From: feng zhang [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 25. marraskuuta 2002 9:33
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] sec-agree-05

Hi all,

   Can the authors of draft-ietf-sip-sec-agree-05 give me the Changes list to let me know what's the detailed differences between 05 and 04.

   Thanks a lot!
 				
　　　　　　　　　　　　　　feng zhang
　　　　　　　　　　　　　　[email-masked]
　　　　　　　　　　　　　　　　　2002-11-25
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip