Subject: [Sip] B2BUA

From: "Leonardo Rico" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 07:27:32 -0500

Hi,

I was looking into the issue of B2BUA and found it not clear in some 
aspects. For example some mail exchange in July 2001 says a B2BUA associates 
one or more calls meaning it can also be only one or more then 2.
All definitions I found say it is UAS on one side and UAC on the other. Can 
it also be UAC on one or more sides (meaning it initiated calls to a few 
UAs)?

What type of applications will it be used for. The drafts talk about using 
it for FW traversal, Anonymizer, 3PCC. Do you see it also functioning as a 
PBX for example?
What other type of applications do you see functioning as B2BUA?
Do you see it coupled with a SIP Proxy/Registrar/Redirect in one physical 
entity?

Thanks

_________________________________________________________________
Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online 
http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip