Subject: [Sip] Update to SIP guidelines

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:30:28 -0500

Folks,

As you probably saw, I submitted an update to the guidelines draft. The 
changes were mostly minor, based on comments received since the last 
revision. Changes are:

* implementors of extensions MUST check that their BNF doesn't
conflict with any BNF in standards track extensions.

* recommend BNF be collected at the end of the document.

* changed recommended naming convention for documents so that the
useful information is in the first few words

* updated references

* added discussion on IANA Considerations sections

* added discussion on usage of terminology from rfc3261

* added header field parameters as another way to extend SIP

* removed usage guidelines section, as it was repetitive

* added justification of why method names are capitalized

* more details on header naming conventions

* updating discussion on case sensitivity

* upgraded to MUST usage of the common SIP grammar for headers

* example sections can omit SDP and content lengths, but you need to
point it out.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip