Subject: [Sip] % in user part of sip uri

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:36:11 +0200

what is the reason why % is not allowed as a normal character in the
user part of sip uri?  in email addresses % has been allowed and used in
the user part forever.  unless there exists a VERY GOOD reason to break
away from the 20 year old tradition as standardized in rfc 821 and later
confirmed in rfc 2486, i suggest that this is recorded as a bug to be
fixed in the next revision of rfc 3261.

-- juha

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:14:32 -0500

Don't panic... Please consult any URI document, e.g., RFC 1738. % needs 
to be escaped, but can appear as %25.