Subject: [Sip] Regarding SIPS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:46:03 +0530

Hi

According to the RFC 3261,

     If the Request-URI contains a SIPS URI, or the topmost Route header
     field value (after the post processing of bullet 6) contains a
     SIPS URI, the URI placed into the Record-Route header field
     MUST be a SIPS URI. Furthermore, if the request was not
     received over TLS, the proxy MUST insert a Record-Route header
     field

How can this scencario occur.

how can it happen that request uri ( or top most route header) is sips and
request receiving on other than TLS.

Thanks in advance

With Regds
Ajay Kumar Kasam

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:15:42 -0500

inline.

> How can this scencario occur.

Remember, this is a proxy.

A request arrives without any sips URIs anywhere. It comes in over UDP. 
Now, the proxy runs its translation service, and finds that it needs to 
proxy the request to a sips URI. An example where this can happen is if 
I do a REGISTER like this:

REGISTER sip:domain.com SIP/2.0
To: sip:[email-masked]
Contact: sips:1.2.3.4

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com