Subject: [Sip] why NO sent-by

From: feng zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:41:40 +0800

Hello all,

    Quote RFC3261 section 18.1.1 Sending Requests:

            Before a request is sent, the client transport MUST insert a value of
            the "sent-by" field into the Via header field.  This field contains
            an IP address or host name, and port.  The usage of an FQDN is
   			RECOMMENDED.  This field is used for sending responses under certain
   			conditions, described below.  If the port is absent, the default
   			value depends on the transport.  It is 5060 for UDP, TCP and SCTP,
   			5061 for TLS.

	But I can not find "sent-by" parameter in draft-ietf-sipping-basic-call-flows-01,
Why? The RFC uses "MUST" for it.

    Thanks.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Brett Tate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:01:16 -0500

> Why? The RFC uses "MUST" for it.

Please re-look at the Via header syntax within
rfc3261 section 25.1.  The flows do include
the "sent-by" parameter.