Subject: [Sip] on SIP Hard phones

From: KANUMURI Sreeram <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 01:31:07 -0500

Hi all,
        I am looking for a SIP-Hard phone which will support the MID call
signalling(DTMF--INFO methods)
i have seen the snom 100 Hard phone from http://www.snom.de and it is not
supporting the INFO method.

so can any one tell me what are the Hard phones availble(any pointer )and
which support the INFO method.

TIA

-sreeram
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 06:43:35 -0500

Transporting DTMF in INFO is not an IETF approved approach for conveying 
DTMF. It is a bad thing, in fact, for many reasons, not the least of 
which is the fact that DTMF will get sent in the signaling path even 
when no one cares, increasing proxy load uneccesarily.

I STRONGLY recommend that you look at some of the recent activity in the 
application interaction area, which is sorting out this whole DTMF mess. 
Please see:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-app-interaction-framework-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jennings-sip-app-info-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-sipping-kpml-00.txt

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com