Subject: [Sip] Regarding SIPS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:08:52 +0530

HI

RFC 3261
16.4 section.

If the Request-URI contains a maddr parameter, the proxy MUST check
to see if its value is in the set of addresses or domains the proxy
is configured to be responsible for. If the Request-URI has a maddr
parameter with a value the proxy is responsible for, and the request
was received using the port and transport indicated (explicitly or by
default) in the Request-URI, the proxy MUST strip the maddr and any
non-default port or transport parameter and continue processing as if
those values had not been present in the request.

A request may arrive with a maddr matching the proxy, but on a
port or transport different from that indicated in the URI. Such
a request needs to be forwarded to the proxy using the indicated
port and transport.

What if the Request URI is like this
 sips:[email-masked]:33445;transport=tcp

and  if request is received at def.com on TCP. Should we forward the request on
TLS??

or

 if request is received at def.com on TLS. since transport is TCP......Should we
 forward the request on TCP.

With Regds
Ajay Kumar

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip