Subject: [Sip] Scalability of the Q-SIP solution

From: Simone Leggio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:45:05 +0200

Hi Luca and all,

in the draft-veltri-sip-qsip-01 "SIP extension for QoS support" it is 
stated as requirement that the resulting architecture should be as 
scalable as possible.
I wonder whether it is possible to reconcile this requirement with the 
functionalities of a Q-SIP stateful proxy server: is such a server 
scalable when it has to manage state information pertaining to many flows?

On the other hand, in case of stateless configuration, what could be the 
increase in size of the SIP message? If it is relevant, problems of UDP 
fragmentation could arise as evidenced in:
draft-willis-sip-congestsafe-00

Regards,

	Simone.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip