Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-camarillo-sip-parameter-registry-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 07:55:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Internet Assigned Number Authority Header Field
                          and Universal Resource Identifier Parameter Registry
                          for the Session Initiation Protocol
	Author(s)	: G. Camarillo
	Filename	: draft-camarillo-sip-parameter-registry-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2002-12-20
	
This document creates an IANA registry for SIP header field, SIP URI
and SIPS URI parameters. It also lists the already existing
parameters to be used as initial values for that registry.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-camarillo-sip-parameter-registry-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-camarillo-sip-parameter-registry-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-camarillo-sip-parameter-registry-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:35:25 +0200

> parameters to be used as initial values for that registry.

how about registering various sip header fields for radius accounting
purpose?

-- juha

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:23:15 -0500

This spec is meant JUST to fill in the gap of IANA registries for 
parameters that can be extended in SIP. RADIUS parameters are well 
outside of the scope here...

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 09:29:47 +0200

> outside of the scope here...

i didn't mean that they should be included in this spec, but that they
are iana numbers that would be very useful to exist.  now everyone
invents their own radius attribute values.

-- juha