Subject: [Sip] Discuss on service discovery

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 17:02:14 -0500

The thread on the Discuss for service discovery related to the requirement
for S/MIME seems to have petered out - it would be nice if we could come to
a conclusion and go forward with the draft.

From my own reading of the thread, I think the predominant consensus was
that requiring S/MIME for registrars (in the context of architectures in
which hop-by-hop security is unavailable or insufficient) was reasonable.
There were concerns that this was a broader issue than just service
discovery - but ultimately, I don't think that argues against the suggested
change from the IESG, it merely argues that this fix may have even broader
utility.

Can we go forward with the requested fix?

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:44:49 -0600

... 
> Can we go forward with the requested fix?

In light of the conclusions of the previous discussions on the
topic, I have no further objections.

I would, however, like to see a bug opened against 3261 to
address this issue so that the solution can eventually appear
in a centralized place.

/a