Subject: [Sip] SIP and PAM

From: "Shane McCormack" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 16:48:43 +0100

Hi
Just wondering if there is any thought on using SIP with the PAM
specification. I know SIMPLE is obviously similar and better when using SIP
but PAM brings alot more with it than just presence. PAM as you know allows
for the retreival, from some sort of database system, of a users
preferences, lists of assigned agents, personal information etc. Can SIP
provide these sort of information retreival without implementing some sort
of PAM interface or is it a viable implementation to couple SIP/SIMPLE with
PAM.

Regards
Shane McCormack
Research Assistant,
TSSG, Confederation House,
Waterford Business Park, Cork Road,
Waterford, Co. Waterford.

Phone: +353 51 302927     Fax: +353 51 302901
Mobile: +353 87 9955505
http://www.tssg.org
MSN: [email-masked]