Subject: [Sip] Handling of identical Tuples by Multiple PUAs - PUBLISH 00

From: "George Foti (QC/EMC)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:36:30 -0500

If multiple PUAs publishes information on the same tuple, does it mean that the ESC will have multiple entity-tags associated with that tuple, one for each publishing PUA.

Also, the only means to stop a specfic PUA from updating that tuple is through explictly disallowing that PUA from updating the state event for that tuple, in the authorization policies in the ESC.

Thanks
/gf

---

From: Aki Niemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:55:12 +0300

Hi George,

Inline.

On 15.09.2003 17:36, ext George Foti (QC/EMC):
> If multiple PUAs publishes information on the same tuple, does it mean 
> that the ESC will have multiple entity-tags associated with that tuple, 
> one for each publishing PUA.

Each PUA publishes its own view of presence. Each view is assigned with 
an entity-tag, and each view can have tuples that overlap across other 
PUAs. Resolving these "collisions" is at the hands of the composer. For 
example, it could automatically take preference for the "newest" view on 
that tuple.

> Also, the only means to stop a specfic PUA from updating that tuple is 
> through explictly disallowing that PUA from updating the state event for 
> that tuple, in the authorization policies in the ESC.

As it now stands, this requires setting the composer policy in such a 
way that the unwanted presence information never gets composed into the 
presence document.

Cheers,
Aki

> /gf

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip