Subject: [Sip] draft-ietf-sip-resource-priority-01.txt

From: "Srivastava, Samir" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:58:58 -0600

Hi,
 
   Below are are some comments on the draft-ietf-sip-resource-priority-01.txt .

1. Sec 3, P 6, It lists other methods where Resource-Priority can be used.
   REFER method is missing. It should be optional in REFER. 

2. Table given in the section 3, doesn't allow Resource-Priority for 
   OPTIONS Req and Accept-Resource-Priority for its Rsp. It should be
   allowed. Allowing this text exists in sec 4.6

3. Table given in section 3, makes the Accept-Resource-Priority "m" 
   (MUST) for 420 whereas it should be optional. SIP device which is 
   3261 compliant and not supporting this extension, will not have it.

4. Sec 3, P 6, In the para below table, it mentions "Accept-Resource-Priority 
   is only returned in 420 (Not Supported) responses" which is incomplete,
   it MUST be in 417.

5. It needs to state the behaviour if Priority of 3261 and "Resource-Priority" 
   both are specified in a REQ, They might have conflicting values. As per
   3261, Priority header may be factored into the call routing.

6.  In Sec 3, following BNF needs to be corrected.
 
Resource-Priority  =  "Resource-Priority" HCOLON
                       (*COMMA Resource-value)
Accept-Resource-Priority _  "Accept-Resource-Priority" HCOLON
                                    Resource-value (*COMMA Resource-value)

The correct format should be

Resource-Priority  =  "Resource-Priority" HCOLON Resource-value
                       *(COMMA Resource-value)

Accept-Resource-Priority = "Accept-Resource-Priority" HCOLON
                            Resource-value *(COMMA Resource-value)

7. Why the values are taken as "NameSpace.<Priority>" , We can have NV 
   pairs, with comma separated values and semicolon between different 
   namespaces, Just for better brevity/expression ratio. Not much
   inclined to any choices.

8. It will be better, if it lists the changes from the earlier drafts and
   table of contents.

Thx
Samir

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip