Subject: [Sip] RE: draft-ietf-sip-resource-priority-01.txt

From: "Srivastava, Samir" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:45:25 -0600

Hi,

As per my proposal, the sample RP header looks like

Resource-Priority: q735 = 1, 2, 3,4 ; dsn = flash, immediate 

It doesn't repeat Namespace. "," is used for multiple value separator,
and ";" is used as namespace separator as per SIP convention.  

Thx
Samir

-----Original Message-----
From: Henning Schulzrinne [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 7:52 PM
To: Srivastava, Samir; [email-masked]
Subject: draft-ietf-sip-resource-priority-01.txt

Thanks for the comments. Leaving out the editorial issues that we'll be 
addressing in the post-WGLC phase, one question/comment:

> 7. Why the values are taken as "NameSpace.<Priority>" , We can have NV
>    pairs, with comma separated values and semicolon between different
>    namespaces, Just for better brevity/expression ratio. Not much
>    inclined to any choices. 

I'm not exactly sure what you had in mind here. Something like

namespace;priority,namespace;priority

?

If so, this would not conform to the standard conventions for SIP 
headers. Could you please explain?

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:53:11 -0400

> and ";" is used as namespace separator as per SIP convention.  

Unfortunately, this does not conform to the SIP header naming 
convention, which has the ',' as the high-order separator. In addition, 
and more importantly, it would be unlikely (and illegal in most cases) 
to enumerate multiple values from the same namespace, as that has no 
real meaning.