Subject: [Sip] TO header in Registration request

From: Yochi Moran <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:48:31 +0200

Hi,

Which address ahould be in TO header in REGISTER message:
UA address (name@ua_ip_address ) or proxy address ([email-masked])?

Thanks.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:33:42 -0700

Hi,

In future, please read the examples in RFC3261 and 
draft-ietf-sipping-basic-call-flows-02.txt  before posting these types 
of questions. If you still can't figure out the answer to an 
implementation question such as this, please send to the 

On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 04:48 AM, Yochi Moran wrote:
> UA address (name@ua_ip_address )

you seem to mean a Contact address here.  a Contact address goes in the 
Contact header.

> or proxy address ([email-masked])?

you seem to mean an Address-of-record (AOR).  an AOR goes in the To 
header.

thx,
-r