Subject: [Sip] Caller preferences update

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:14:22 -0400

Folks,

I've just submitted updates to the caller prefs and callee caps 
specifications. Until they appear in the archives, you can pick them 
up at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-10.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-callee-caps-01.txt

Here are the changes:

* removed msgserver and attendant tags. Replaced them with an "actor" 
tag that can have values of attendant, msg-taker, information and 
principal. We were running into problems with overlapping definitions 
for the various attributes, and this seemed the best way to fix it.

* created a separate media feature tag registry for sip-specific 
parameters, and split the parameters between the two registries

* as a result of the creation of the new registry, the name of the 
feature tags in the sip registry is "sip.methods" and 
"sip.description", for example, with a leading "sip.". Added encoding 
rules which strip out this prefix for known feature tags.

* clarified the distinction between capabilities and characteristics, 
and provided additional guidance on constructing registrations in 
cases where characteristics were non-deterministic

* removed uri-user and uri-domain entirely, and did not add the device 
id tag that was discussed on the list

At this point, there are no open issues or known problems, and I 
believe that (this time, REALLY!) we are done.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip