Subject: [Sip] Registries

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:10:04 +0200

Folks,

The WGLCs for the registries drafts ended some time ago. I am about to 
release new versions of the drafts that contain all the comments 
received during the last calls.

One last thing that Bill Mashall pointed out and I want to clarify. The 
SIP header fields that have to do with authorizations carry credentials 
or challenges. The ABNF looks like this:

Authorization     =  "Authorization" HCOLON credentials
Proxy-Authorization  =  "Proxy-Authorization" HCOLON credentials

WWW-Authenticate  =  "WWW-Authenticate" HCOLON challenge
Proxy-Authenticate  =  "Proxy-Authenticate" HCOLON challenge

The definitions for challenge and credentials are:

challenge           =  ("Digest" LWS digest-cln *(COMMA digest-cln))
                        / other-challenge

credentials       =  ("Digest" LWS digest-response)
                      / other-response

Digest defines one format for credentials and challenge that contains a 
bunch of parameters (username, realm, nonce, etc...) Since these 
parameters are digest specific, and not Authorization header specific, I 
chose not to add them to the registry of header field parameters. They 
are Digest parameters, not header field parameters.

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip