Subject: [Sip] URGENT: Refering to obsolete drafts

From: "Rajarshi Chakraborty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:32:17 +0000

Hi,

I want to put an Internet Draft's name in the reference of my research 
paper. This Internet Draft happens to be 
obsolete(draft-schulzrinne-sip-register-01); it expired on Oct'01 and no 
more versions of it were released. Could someone suggest me how to address 
this obsolete draft in the reference section?

I used the following:

Schulzrinne, H., "SIP Registration", 
<draft-schulzrinne-sip-register-01.txt>, work in progress, October 2001

Is the above correct? Is it proper to use "work in progress" for this 
obsolete draft? Any kind of immediate response and/or suggestion will be 
highly appreciated. I am new in this.

regards,
Rajarshi

Rajarshi Chakraborty
B-196, IIT Campus,
Kharagpur,
West Bengal, India
PIN-721302

_________________________________________________________________
Garfield on your mobile. Download now. http://server1.msn.co.in/sp03/gprs/ 
How cool can life get?

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip