Subject: [Sip] SigComp States

From: "John Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 13:52:56 +0000

I'm studying now SigComp and wondering about some issues:

(1) Quoting from draft-ietf-roch-sigcomp-sip-00.txt (section 3): “Usually, 
any states created during the lifetime of a compartment will be "logically" 
deleted when the compartment is closed. A logical deletion becomes a 
physical one when all the compartments that created the (same) state are 
closed.”  When do compartments share the same state? When do different 
compartments become related to the same state?

(2) Quoting from RFC 3320 (section 6.2): “Each instance of the UDVM can pass 
up to four state creation requests to the state handler…” Why does a UDVM 
need more than a single allocated state item?

(3) Continuing the quote from the previous question: “When the state handler 
receives a state creation request from the UDVM it takes the following 
steps: …  3. If the state creation request contains a state_identifier that 
already exists…” Is there any clear example to this kind of situation?

I would appreciate any piece of information.

Thanks,
John.

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip