Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-sctp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:29:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Stream Control Transmission Protocol as 
			  a Transport for  for the Session Initiation Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne, G. Camarillo
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-sctp-04.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-11-20
	
This document specifies a mechanism for usage of SCTP (the Stream
Control Transmission Protocol) as the transport between SIP entities.
SCTP is a new protocol which provides several features that may prove
beneficial for transport between SIP entities which exchange a large
amount of messages, including gateways and proxies. As SIP is
transport independent, support of SCTP is a relatively
straightforward process, nearly identical to support for TCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-sctp-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-sctp-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-sctp-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:10:03 -0800

How do you indicate that you want to use SCTP and TLS (assuming a TLS
profile for SCTP ...)

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip