Subject: [Sip] Issue with the Timestamp grammar in RFC-3261

From: Prasanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:05:47 +0530

Hi,
	I feel the grammar of the Timestamp header is buggy.
The grammar being
Timestamp  =  "Timestamp" HCOLON 1*(DIGIT)
               [ "." *(DIGIT) ] [ LWS delay ]
delay      =  *(DIGIT) [ "." *(DIGIT) ]

Can allow the following two cases which makes no sense

Timestamp : 1.
Timestamp : 1.0 .

Should'nt a bug be raised against this to update the grammar to

Timestamp  =  "Timestamp" HCOLON 1*(DIGIT)
               [ "." 1*(DIGIT) ] [ LWS delay ]
delay      =  1*(DIGIT) [ "." 1*(DIGIT) ]

Thanks for the patient reading.

Cheers,
Prasanna

*****************************************************************
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure,
reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!
*****************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip