Subject: [Sip] Re: draft-ietf-sip-resource-priority-02 - Table 2

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:18:07 -0500

Henning,

Regarding changes to Table 2, some things still seem wrong:

- Now that Resource-Priority is optional in all requests, shouldn't
Accept-Resource-Priority be permitted in 420 responses to all the same
messages?

- Shouldn't the R-P be optional in responses to any request where it was
permitted?

- If A-R-P is mandatory in 417 responses to SUB, NOT, and MSG, shouldn't
it also be mandatory (rather than optional) in 417 response to INVITE?
And by logic just above, shouldn't it be mandatory in responses to any
message where R-P is optional?

- So I think the table probably ought to look like:

     Header field             where proxy INV ACK CAN BYE REG OPT PRA
     ----------------------------------------------------------------
     Resource-Priority        R     amd    o   o   o   o   o   o   o
     Resource-Priority        200   -      o   o   o   o   o   o   o
     Accept-Resource-Priority 200   -      o   o   o   o   o   o   o
     Accept-Resource-Priority 417   -      m   m   m   m   m   m   m
     Accept-Resource-Priority 420   -      o   o   o   o   o   o   o

     Header field             where proxy SUB NOT UPD MSG REF INF PUB
     ----------------------------------------------------------------
     Resource-Priority        R     amd    o   o   o   o   o   o   o
     Resource-Priority        200   -      o   o   o   o   o   o   o
     Accept-Resource-Priority 200   -      o   o   o   o   o   o   o
     Accept-Resource-Priority 417   -      m   m   m   m   m   m   m
     Accept-Resource-Priority 420   -      o   o   o   o   o   o   o

In section 4.1, why do you single out INVITE, MESSAGE, UPDATE, SUBSCRIBE
and NOTIFY, but omit ACK and PRACK? If INVITE is important, then ACK and
PRACK must be important too. This probably isn't an issue in a UAS,
because it considers those to be part of the INVITE. But it could make a
difference in a proxy.

	Paul

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip