Subject: RE: [Sip] Record-Route and Contact

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:38:55 -0000

It's my understanding that Record-Route headers take precedence over the
IP/FQDN in the contact header of the response, as they (Record-Route
headers) are inserted by specifically by the proxies in order to influence
the route that subsequent messaging takes. They influence, not only the
route taken by the ACK, furthermore that taken by any subsequent requests.

-----Original Message-----
From: cthakker [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 11 February 2004 21:05
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] Record-Route and Contact

Hi all,
 If a UAC generates a request in Dialog (say an ACK for 200 it received),
 
 If the 200 had a Record-Route with loose routing and also a Contact 
header where should it route the request ? Can it route it directly to 
the IP/FQDN specified in the uri of Contact ? Does any header take 
precedence over other when generating a subsequent request in a Dialog ?
 Is the significance of Contact header end-to-end or between UAs. For 
the example given in the RFC 3261 (alice and bob), can the intermediate 
proxies modify the value of the Contact header in the response sent by 
Alice to Bob ?

 Thank you,

 Chintan
 ipNetFusion Inc,
 Dallas, Tx - 75080

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

For Aculab's privacy policy and E-Mail disclaimer, Click Here :
http://www.aculab.com/company/legal_notice.htm.