Subject: RE: [Sip] Request Forwarding based on local policy.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 00:03:02 +0530

Thanks & Regards,
Nataraju A.B. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 12:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] Request Forwarding based on local policy.

Hi

As per point no. 6 of section 16.6 of rfc 3261 -

"A proxy MAY have a local policy that mandates that a request visit a
specific set of proxies before being delivered to the destination. A
proxy MUST ensure that all such proxies are loose routers...."

If a proxy has to ensure (it is a MUST) that all the proxies has to be
loose routers, then how will the forwarding work when one of the proxies
is 2543 compliant and does not understand loose routing ?
Does it mean that this kind of forwarding (based on local policy)
cannot/should not be done if one or more of the proxies in the path are
2543 compliant ?

[ABN] I guess it MUST have been phrased as the set of proxies, the proxy
X intended to be visited and their type (lr or not) not always
necessarily loose routers. 

Please correct me if I am missing something...

Would really appreciate of someone can clarify this.

thanks,

Anil Kumar Chaudhury

Hughes Software Systems

 <http://www.hssworld.com> http://www.hssworld.com

_______________________________________________ Sip mailing list
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip This list is for NEW
development of the core SIP Protocol Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip