Subject: [Sip] Status of SIP MIB

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:49:23 -0600

Is the SIP MIB in it's present form expired or is this about to
become an RFC.

Thanks
Deepak

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Kevin Lingle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:32:52 -0500

deepak,

rev 07 is technically expired, but rev 08 is in the works.
the draft is in wglc (2nd time) and rev 08 should be the result.
the expectation is that rev 08 will be what we submit to iesg.

becoming an RFC is not imminent by any means... as we've
not submitted it to iesg yet.  we also don't have a lot of
control over how long that process will take.

myself and jean-francios mule (cablelabs) are the only
contributing authors to the draft these days.  we've worked
through a significant number of the comments from our wglc
reviewers, but simply have not been able to find the time in
either of our schedules to wrap it up and get wglc approval
on rev 08.  we've set a few target dates but other priorities
have come into play to thwart those efforts :(

my sense has been all along that there isn't a ground swell
of immediate need for the SIP MIBs as of yet across the
sip community.

kevin

---

From: gokul <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:18:44 -0500

can someone give a ptr for SIP MIB? I would be very interested
in the defn.

Thanks, Gokul