Subject: [Sip] Unregistering UA

From: Martin André <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 May 2004 16:18:34 +0200

Dear all,

My question is about Expires duration and unregistrations. Let us
imagine a case where the unregistration is not initiated by the client
(is this allowed ?). Are there any mean to notify the UA that its
registration has been removed ? As far as I understood RFC3261, the
Registrar doesn't generate SIP requests by its own.

So, is it possible to lower registration duration just like it is
possible with subscription duration ? This way, we could shorten
registration duration (during registration process or with proxy
intervention) and wait until it expires.

I didn't see anything about control on Expires duration. Did I miss
something ?

Thanks in advance for your clarifications,

Martin

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 13:00:08 -0400

> Registrar doesn't generate SIP requests by its own.

You are right that the client doesn't get told about this.
If it wants to know that sort of thing, the client can subscribe to the 
"reg" event package on the registrar. Then it will be told about any 
registration change.

> intervention) and wait until it expires.

To reduce the expiration time of a registration, a new registration can 
be made, replacing the old one. But if that is done by a third party it 
won't help the client to learn about the change.

> I didn't see anything about control on Expires duration. Did I miss

The reg package is probably what you missed.

	Paul