Subject: [Sip] confrencing in SIP Instant messaging using MSRP

From: "Vishnu Yadav" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 18:00:58 +0530

1. Do we need to use JOIN header to join an existing SIP message session.OR any other method is used for it.
2. What is the method for exiting out from a SIP message conference.

Pls can u refer me some docs on this.

thanx in advance
vishnu yadav

********************************DISCLAIMER**********************************

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended
recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential
information and/or be subject to legal privilege of Deccanet Designs Ltd.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator
immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
you are strictly prohibited from retaining, using, copying, altering or
disclosing the contents of this message.

****************************************************************************

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 09:40:30 -0400

Vishnu Yadav wrote:
> 1. Do we need to use JOIN header to join an existing SIP message 
> session.OR any other method is used for it.

Are you familiar with the conferencing framework?

Conferencing IM using MSRP is essentially the same as conferencing voice 
using RTP. The conferencing framework and related drafts spell out how 
to do that. Join is one mechanism for joining an existing conference, 
but it is not the only way.

The part that isn't spelled out yet is how an MSRP mixer should work. 
But this is pretty easy to imagine.

	Paul

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip