Subject: [Sip] New Resource Priority Draft (-06)

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:47:50 -0600

All

Posted version -06 of the Resource Priority Header ID

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-resource-priority-06.txt

The ID doesn't have a "changes" section, so here are the changes since the 
-05 version:

- removed all the modes, and nearly all the text from all the modes (yes!)

- introduce and describe what we mean generically by a preferential 
treatment that is priority-queue based (section 4.4.2) for GETS-type 
services (instead of only explaining a preemption policy)

- added section specifically how a UAC behaves in preemption-based 
administrative domains (4.7.1)

- added section specifically how a UAC behaves in priority-queue based 
administrative domains (4.7.2)

- added section specifically how a UAS behaves in priority-queue based 
administrative domains (4.8.2)

- detailing how a congested queue should function within a proxy of both 
behavior types (4.9)

- deleted the old section on Proxies and preemption policy

- Expanded the sections on the individual behaviors of each of the 5 
namespaces created with this document (8.1.1 - 8.1.5)

- kept, but rewrote section 7 (Multiple Namespaces in a Message) to explain 
that the relative priority level order within a namespace must be 
maintained when interleaving one namespace with another in determining 
message treatment within a SIP element.

- Added a section on Future Namespace Creation (8.2)

- rewrote IANA Registrations of Namespaces and Priority-Values, with a new 
(simpler) table (11.4)

- added IANA Registration section on how to register the relative priority 
order of values within a namespace definition (11.5)

- made [I-D.ietf-sipping-reason-header-for-preemption] a normative 
reference (13.1)

- all this while streamlining (cutting and rewriting) the document

comments are welcome

cheers,
James

                                *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip