Subject: [Sip] Reinvite query

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:32:19 -0400

Hi,

Suppose party A and B are talking, and B put A on hold. If there is no 
Music on hold, party A will not hear an media.
If B sends Reinvite to party A (in hold state) with no sdp, what should be 
the behaviour of A?

Will it make a new offer ? As it is asking A to make offer when he is in 
hold state.

Thanks,
Udit

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 00:51:14 -0400

> Will it make a new offer ? As it is asking A to make offer when he is in 

IMO A should make an offer consistent with what it (A) would like to do, 
without regard for any assumption it might have about what B wants to 
do. It was B that originally wanted to put the call on hold, and so it 
should also be B, not A, that decides if the reinvite should be on hold.

So in particular in this case, A should make an offer containing 
a:sendrecv. If B still wants the call to be on hold it can answer 
a:sendonly. But if B no longer wants to be on hold it can get that 
effect by answering with a:sendrecv.

Doing things this way is quite important in order to get 3pcc call flows 
to work properly.

	Paul

---

From: Retesh Chadha <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:24:42 +0530

I think here A will make a new offer, and the attribute mode in A's offer
should be sendrecv, but sending recvonly is also not wrong.

Rgds
Retesh

             [email-masked]                                             
             om                                                            
             Sent by:                                                   To 
             sip-bounces@ietf.         "SIP Implementors"                  
             org                       <[email-masked]>  
                                                                        cc 
                                       SIP IETF <[email-masked]>             
             08/24/2005 09:02                                      Subject 
             AM                        [Sip] Reinvite query                

                                                                           

Hi,

Thanks,
Udit

***********************  FSS-Private   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."

---

From: Peili Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:39:26 +0800

Hi,
    Considering B may want to connect A to some other resources in this way
(like 3PCC),  and the new media connection may be bi-directional or
uni-directional.

It better for A to provide the full capability  in 200 OK SDP(ie,
a=sendrecv), and leave the flexibility of making final decision to B or some
other service logic behind him.

      Peili

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Retesh
Chadha
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 12:55 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: SIP IETF; SIP Implementors; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sip] Reinvite query

Rgds
Retesh

             [email-masked]                                             
             om                                                            
             Sent by:                                                   To 

                                                                           

Hi,

Suppose party A and B are talking, and B put A on hold. If there is no Music
on hold, party A will not hear an media. If B sends Reinvite to party A (in
hold state) with no sdp, what should be the behaviour of A?

Thanks,
Udit
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

***********************  FSS-Private   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software Systems
Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in  error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering,
or disclosing the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility
for loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted by
this email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "T R Naidu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:10:13 +0530

Hi,
 Could someone suggest me the 3-way call conference call  flows of 
differenet IP Phones, from different Vendor, which are widely deployed in 
the market today.I tried a lot in the internet, but could not find any 
references.Any help would be highly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

regards,
TR Naidu.