Subject: [Sip] how to understand this sentence?

From: "cai youyuan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:59:50 +0800

Hi,
  In TS 23.228, "the private identity identifies the subscription, not the 
user", can I understand user can have several private identities if he have 
several subscriptin services? if user want to register, he use which 
private identity?

expect your anser, thx

_________________________________________________________________
享用世界上最大的电子邮件系统― MSN Hotmail。  http://www.hotmail.com  

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:13:23 +0200

On Aug 3, 2005, at 6:59 AM, cai youyuan wrote:

> Hi,
>  In TS 23.228, "the private identity identifies the subscription, not 
> the user", can I understand user can have several private identities 
> if he have several subscriptin services? if user want to register, he 
> use which private identity?
>
> expect your anser, thx
>
While individuals here may have opinions, it's probably not in the 
domain of the IETF to respond authoritatively to questions about 3GPP 
specifications.

My understanding is that the "private" identity is generally the SIM 
card, and so there's only one private identity per subscriber in the 
3GPP data model. Of course, some people have multiple SIM cards and 
switch them out.

--
dean

---

From: Rocky Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:08:44 +0800

The subscription means the contract you made with your service provider.
For the same subscription, you can have several public identifiers which
can be used to find where you are, just like the telephone numbers you
hold. But in the current network, one subscription is always related to
one subscription, that is one contact have only one telephone number.

Best Regards,
Rocky Wang

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
cai youyuan
Sent: 2005年8月3日 13:00
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] how to understand this sentence?

Hi,
  In TS 23.228, "the private identity identifies the subscription, not
the 
user", can I understand user can have several private identities if he
have 
several subscriptin services? if user want to register, he use which 
private identity?

expect your anser, thx