Subject: [Sip] A Question on maddr

From: "Gururaj M K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 18:15:40 +0530

Hi,
   
RFC 3261 and Section: 16.4 --> Route Information Preprocessing

Question: Section 16.4 mentions the action to be taken in the first two
cases mentioned below. What should be the action for 3rd and 4th Case?

1.	If the Request-URI has a maddr parameter with a value the proxy is
responsible for, and the request was received using the port and transport
indicated (explicitly or by default) in the Request-URI, the proxy MUST
strip the maddr and any non-default port or transport parameter and continue
processing as if those values had not been present in the request.
2.	A request may arrive with a maddr matching the proxy, but on a port
or transport different from that indicated in the URI.
3.	A request may arrive with a maddr not matching the proxy, but on a
port or transport same as indicated in the URI.
4.	A request may arrive with a maddr not matching the proxy, but on a
port or transport different from that indicated in the URI.

Regards,
Guru

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip