Subject: RE: [Sip] Establishing 2 subscriptions in the same dialog

From: "Gilad Shaham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:09:36 +0200

That will probably do.

Thanks.

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Tolga Asveren
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 4:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sip] Establishing 2 subscriptions in the same dialog

3.1.2. Identification of Subscribed Events and Event Classes

   Identification of events is provided by three pieces of information:
   Request URI, Event Type, and (optionally) message body.

Would considering Request URI solve your problem?

   Thanks,

   Tolga

	-----Original Message-----
	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Gilad Shaham
	Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 11:09 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Sip] Establishing 2 subscriptions in the same dialog

	We have encountered the following scenario for which we believe
the spec is not clear.

	Suppose a dialog is established by an INVITE. Suppose that after
the dialog is established, both parties send a subscription on that
dialog.

	RFC 3265 states that in order to differentiate between multiple
subscriptions in the same dialog, a SUBSCRIBE request may include an
"id" parameter. What if both subscriptions have the same event and id?
In the scenario above this can easily occur since it is not required for
an id to be generated by the combination of a random string and one side
cannot verify uniqueness with the other side since both subscriptions
could occur at the same time.

	Basically, I believe this can be resolved by matching the NOTIFY
requests to an outgoing subscription and the rest of the requests
(SUBSCRIBE, REFER...) to incoming subscription (where the receiving side
is the notifier). However, I haven't found any reference in RFC 3265
that explicitly states that the direction of the subscription should be
considered when matching between the requests and the subscriptions.

	Did I miss anything?

	Any thoughts?

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip