Subject: [Sip] Using SIP to start RTSP session for recording videomail?

From: Petteri Hallikainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:31:22 +0300

Hello all,

Have there ever been any discussion of using SIP for starting a RTSP
session for recording a videomail ? By videomail I mean same kind of
service than voicemail but with video capability, i.e., user could
record a video instead plain voice.

I do not know if this is a right forum for this kind issue, but anyway.
I am looking that I could indicate perhaps in SDP when caller sends
INVITE to callee and callee is not reachable, the proxy could send in
the SDP the parameters to RTSP server and the streaming server can then
establish a session for recording after user sends starts the set up,

What I am looking for could look like:

a=record
a=path:rtsp://videomail.example.com/bob>

Or is there some other much usable existing ways of doing this kind of
service for SIP users?

+--------------------------------------------+
Petteri Hallikainen

+358 40 706 4037
<mailto:petteri.hallikainen(at)tietoenator.com>
<http://www.tietoenator.com>
P.O Box 171, FI-00381, HELSINKI
+--------------------------------------------+

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip