Subject: [Sip] ABNF for Content-Disposition

From: Joël Repiquet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:13:31 +0200

RFC 3959 defines 'early-session' as a new disposition type value for the
Content-Disposition header field and registers it at the IANA:
 http://www.iana.org/assignments/mail-cont-disp

Why the 'disp-type' ABNF rule, defined in RFC3261:
 disp-type = "render" / "session" / "icon" / "alert" /
              disp-extension-token

is not modified accordingly in this RFC?

Note that the same occurs with RFC3893 that defines the 'aib' value...

Is it correct to define the current disp-type rule as:
 disp-type = "render" / "session" / "icon" / "alert" /
             "early-session" / "aib" / disp-extension-token

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:25:15 -0500

>              "early-session" / "aib" / disp-extension-token

My take is that since disp-extension-token effectively includes the  
set of disposition-type values registered with IANA that your more  
detailed grammar is syntactically equivalent.

That's why not every SIP extension requires us to replace the grammar  
used in RFC 3261.

--
Dean