Subject: [Sip] RFC 4168 on The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) as a Transport for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 13:28:25 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4168

        Title:      The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
                    as a Transport for the Session Initiation Protocol
                    (SIP)
        Author(s):  J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne, G. Camarillo
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21079
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-sctp-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4168.txt

This document specifies a mechanism for usage of SCTP (the Stream
Control Transmission Protocol) as the transport mechanism between SIP
(Session Initiation Protocol) entities.  SCTP is a new protocol that
provides several features that may prove beneficial for transport
between SIP entities that exchange a large amount of messages,
including gateways and proxies.  As SIP is transport-independent,
support of SCTP is a relatively straightforward process, nearly
identical to support for TCP. 

This document is a product of the Session Initation Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip