Subject: [Sip] Any help would be highly appreciated

From: Rohan Sen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 00:53:43 +0530

When a proxy server encounters a transport error when forwarding should it
send a 500 response upstream ?

What message should a user agent (or a proxy) send to a registrar to find
out about the eixtsing bindings ?

How, when and why should a stateful proxy transition to state less operation
and for that does it need to remain stateless for the rest of the
transaction ?

When it says that a proxy may arbitrarily group the target set and then do
parallel processing of the
addresses in a single group. Is it right to assume that such grouping can be
done based on q parameter ?

How can a proxy determine the transport used to connect to the next proxy
downstream ?

In Selection of a next hop, for a particular request-URI can that be
configured manually by means other than SIP or if using SIP protocol itself,
how can that be done ?

How can a proxy ensure that all proxies which may be traversed by the
request (say INVITE) are loose routers ?

An element is supposed to forward the SIP message to be sent directly to the
transport layer in case the transaction layer is no longer available. When
can exactly a transaction be not available ? Can it be that it has crashed
for some reason ? Will there be any manifestation of any behavioral change
for that element in which the transaction in progress is no more available ?

What exactly is a local outbound proxy ?

Any light on these above issues would be highly appreciated.

--
thanks,
Rohan Sen
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip