Subject: RE: [Sip] SUBSCRIBE / 202 Accepted

From: "Avasarala Ranjit-A20990" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:51:17 +0800

Hi
    getting 202 does not mean subscription is validated. It means
subscription is accepted. But only upon receiving NOTIFY, it is
confirmed that subscription is active. 
U cannot get 200 OK for SUBSCRIBE.  

Regards
Ranjit

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Retesh Chadha
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:17 PM
To: Sudhir Kumar Reddy
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sip] SUBSCRIBE / 202 Accepted

Hi Sudhir

I have not read RFC 3856, but according to subscribe-notify RFC, i think
the UA getting 202 can't do anything to get back 200... It shouldn't
send another SUBSCRIBE.
It should just wait for another NOTIFY with state as active/terminated.
By 202, the UAS means that subscription is validated, but going further
notifier may/may not reject the subscription.

Regds
Retesh

             Sudhir Kumar

             Reddy

             <t.sudhirkumar@gm
To 
             ail.com>                  [email-masked]

             Sent by:
cc 
             sip-bounces@ietf.

             org
Subject 
                                       [Sip] SUBSCRIBE / 202 Accepted

             10/20/2005 03:32

             PM

Hi All,

I'm sending the SUBSCRIBE request its giving 202 and responding with
NOTIFY with no body.

I would like to know the SUBSCRIBE request should contain authorization
header.
(Note: Im sending the authorization in SUBSCRIBE)

If not,
What is the meaning of these in RFC 3856 (Chapter 4 OverView of
Operation)

If authorization could not be obtained at this time, the subscription is
considered "pending", and a 202 response is returned. In both cases, the
PA sends an immediate NOTIFY message containing the state of the
presentity and of the subscription.

If i want to get 200 OK what should i send with SUSCRIBE and
subsequently, to get NOTIFY with BODY.

thanks in advance

Looking forward for supportive response

Any feedback is appericated.

--
Sudhir Kumar Reddy
Software Engineer,
QualPhone communications pvt. ltd.
Bangalore
+91-9845052651 _______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

***********************  FSS-Private   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software Systems
Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing the
contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for loss or
damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Dale R. Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:57:33 -0400

> U cannot get 200 OK for SUBSCRIBE.  

You may get a 200 response (which means that the subscription has been
authorized and you will eventually receive a NOTIFY with contents), but
the subscriber cannot force the notifier to produce 200.  See section
3.1.4.1 of RFC 3265:

   This SUBSCRIBE request will be confirmed with a final response.
   200-class responses indicate that the subscription has been accepted,
   and that a NOTIFY will be sent immediately.  A 200 response indicates
   that the subscription has been accepted and that the user is
   authorized to subscribe to the requested resource.  A 202 response
   merely indicates that the subscription has been understood, and that
   authorization may or may not have been granted.

Dale