Subject: [Sip] SUBSCRIBE / 202 Accepted

From: Sudhir Kumar Reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:32:51 +0530

Hi All,

I'm sending the SUBSCRIBE request its giving 202 and responding with NOTIFY
with no body.

I would like to know the SUBSCRIBE request should contain authorization
header.
(Note: Im sending the authorization in SUBSCRIBE)

If not,
What is the meaning of these in RFC 3856 (Chapter 4 OverView of Operation)
If authorization could not be obtained at this time, the subscription is
considered "pending", and a 202
response is returned. In both cases, the PA sends an immediate NOTIFY
message containing the state of the presentity and of the subscription.

If i want to get 200 OK what should i send with SUSCRIBE and subsequently,
to get NOTIFY with BODY.

thanks in advance

Looking forward for supportive response

Any feedback is appericated.

--
Sudhir Kumar Reddy
Software Engineer,
QualPhone communications pvt. ltd.
Bangalore
+91-9845052651
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Retesh Chadha <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:16:42 +0530

Hi Sudhir

I have not read RFC 3856, but according to subscribe-notify RFC, i think
the UA getting 202 can't do anything to get back 200... It shouldn't send
another SUBSCRIBE.
It should just wait for another NOTIFY with state as active/terminated.
By 202, the UAS means that subscription is validated, but going further
notifier may/may not reject the subscription.

Regds
Retesh

             Sudhir Kumar                                                  
             Reddy                                                         
             <t.sudhirkumar@gm                                          To 
             ail.com>                  [email-masked]                        
             Sent by:                                                   cc 
             sip-bounces@ietf.                                             
             org                                                   Subject 
                                       [Sip] SUBSCRIBE / 202 Accepted      
                                                                           
             10/20/2005 03:32                                              
             PM                                                            

Hi All,

If not,

thanks in advance

+91-9845052651 _______________________________________________

***********************  FSS-Private   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."