Subject: [Sip] Hold SDP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 13:11:49 -0400

Hi,

As per RFC 3264, user agent indicate hold by sending "sendonly attribute 
(assuming sendrecv mode stream).
So when UAS receives this SDP, it should respond with "recvonly" 
attribute.

But same mechanism can be used by user agent if he wants to play 
announcement or music to user, so it can send "sendonly" attribute for 
media stream.
I mean if it simply wants one-way connection (this is not hold).

For 3PCC (as B2B), if it wants to provide MOH service, how can it 
differentiate between two SDP because it will play MOH only in the first 
scenario when user press hold.

Is there any other way where user agent can indicate that this is hold 
scenario and not one-way audio.

Thanks,
Udit
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip