Subject: [Sip] [Sip-implementors] Session Timers RFC 4028 typo?

From: Manpreet Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:50:11 -0500

In Paragraph 9 for " UAS Behavior" there is a line stating:
 
If the incoming request contains a Supported header field with a
   value 'timer' but does not contain a Session-Expires header, it means
   that the UAS is indicating support for timers but is not requesting
   one.  The UAS may request a session timer in the 2XX response by
   including a Session-Expires header field.  The value MUST NOT be set
   to a duration lower than the value in the Min-SE header field in the
   request, if it is present.

Its the incoming request to the UAS and this is discussing about the UAS
behaviour to handle that request then shouldnt that be a UAC in the above
paragraph instead of a UAS? So if the incoming request has supported header
with timer with no session-expires header, the "UAC" is saying it supports
timers but not requesting one.
 
Please correct me if I am missing something.

Manpreet 
_______________________________________________
Sip-implementors mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/cucslists/listinfo/sip-implementors

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip