Subject: [SIP] confused about how to treat NAT/FW, how do you deal with it ?

From: zuo bf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:25:06 +0800

Hi everybody,

   If this mail shouldn't be here then i am quite sorry for it, but i am
really confused how the real implementation is.

  I have tested 7 network NAT types, 4 of them are symmetric NATs, 2 of them
block UDP and some TCP traffic,
1 of them (this one is ADSL, not a corparation) is full cone, and none of
them support hairpin.
  draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios-03.txt is said to be the best current
practice, but it only handles symmetric NATs,
and using relay server is really inefficient, how do you deal with the block
type NAT ?
  And there are draft-ietf-sip-connect-reuse-04.txt and
draft-ietf-sip-outbound-01.txt serving for the purpose of connection
reuse, but i don't see much difference, what's their real using scenario?
And is there any proxy which supports these extensions?
  Hi guys, what's the real implementation, i can't get this information by
simply searching the internet, i need your help.

Any of your help will be greatly appreciated !!!
Thx !!!

sincerely,
zbf
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip