Subject: [Sip] PUBLISH and PAI/PPI

From: "Sanjay Sinha \(sanjsinh\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:43:49 -0500

RFC 3325 lists out SIP methods in which
P-Asserted-Identity/P-Preferred-Identity header is applicable. But
PUBLISH is missing from the list. Neither is this header support listed
in PUBLISH RFC, 3903.
Just wanted to confirm if these headers are applicable to PUBLISH or
not?
 
Thanks.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 15:55:58 -0500

It should be applicable.

-Jonathan R.

Sanjay Sinha (sanjsinh) wrote:

> Just wanted to confirm if these headers are applicable to PUBLISH or not?
>  
> Thanks.
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 02:51:10 -0600

On Feb 8, 2006, at 1:43 PM, Sanjay Sinha ((sanjsinh)) wrote:

> RFC 3325 lists out SIP methods in which P-Asserted-Identity/P- 
> Preferred-Identity header is applicable. But PUBLISH is missing  
> from the list. Neither is this header support listed in PUBLISH  
> RFC, 3903.

I'm aware of no reason it would not work. I believe we discussed this  
on one of the lists about two years ago and decided this was simply  
an oversight in the RFC. I believe the IMS people are using p-aid  
with PUBLISH.

--
Dean