Subject: Re: [Sip] one question for timeout processing in RFC3398

From: Rayees Khan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:45:01 +0530

I think it is a bug. It needs to be explicit in the fact that CANCEL is sent only if provisional resopnse is received and transaction terminated internally if not. Additionally it needs to clarify what need to be done if a final response is received.

regards
Rayees

[email-masked] wrote: -----

To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Sent by: [email-masked]
Date: 02/18/2006 03:35AM
Subject: [Sip] one question for timeout processing in RFC3398

Hi,

In RFC3398 page 33, section 8.1.3 SIP
Timeout, MGC sends CANCEL request to UAS when the original INVITE retransmission
times out, while UAC MUST NOT send CANCEL request if no response is received
as RFC3261 page 54, section 9.1 Client Behavior, described:

"If no provisional response
has been received, the CANCEL request MUST

NOT be sent; rather, the
client MUST wait for the arrival of a

provisional response before
sending the request."

Is it a bug for RFC3398?

Best Regards

LionEagle

***********************************************
ä¿¡æ¯å®?å?¨å£°æ??ï¼?æ?¬é?®ä»¶å??å«ä¿¡æ¯å½?å?ä»¶äººæ??å?¨ç»?ç»?æ??æ??ï¼?
å?ä»¶äººæ??å?¨ç»?ç»?å¯¹è¯¥é?®ä»¶æ?¥æ??æ??æ??æ?å?©ã??è¯·æ?¥æ?¶è??æ³¨æ?
ä¿å¯?ï¼?æ?ªç»å?ä»¶äººä¹¦é¢è®¸å¯ï¼?ä¸å¾?å?ä»»ä½?ç¬¬
ä¸?æ?¹ç»?ç»?å??ä¸ªäººé?é?²æ?¬é?®ä»¶æ??å«ä¿¡æ¯ç??å?¨é?¨
æ??é?¨å??ã??ä»¥ä¸?å£°æ??ä»?é??ç?¨äº?å·¥ä½?é?®ä»¶ã??
Information Security  Noticeï¼?
The information contained in this mail is
solely property of  the sender's organization.
This mail communication is confidential.
Recipients named above are obligated to
maintain secrecy and are not permitted to
disclose the contents of this communication
to others.
***********************************************

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

*****FSS-Private *****" DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. FSS accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip