Subject: [Sip] Problem in digest authentication usage in RFC3329

From: "Tamar Barzuza" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:59:08 +0200

Hi,

The usage of digest authentication by RFC3329 is unclear to me.

1.     Who inserts the digest-verify parameter to the security header?
Is it the client to Security-Verify or the server to Security-Server, or
both?

2.     Does the client use the Security-Server header as a string in
computing the digest-verify parameter? It seems unreasonable to rely on
string representation of headers, due to the parsing and encoding
mechanisms that occur at each hop and might change the order of
parameters and their spacing.

Thank you,

Tamar.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip