Subject: RE: [Sip] Query regarding Cancel

From: "Atul kumar Jha" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:02:05 +0530

Hi Sudhir,

CANCEL can be sent after receiving provisional response (not 100
Trying).

As 100 trying can be sent by a Proxy. So, it should wait for provisional
response to come.  

For 487, RFC does not mandate the Record-Route header to be copied.

It is not needed because ACK in this case will follow the same Route as
the INVITE.

Regards,

Atul 

________________________________

From: Sudhir Kumar Reddy [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 4:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] Query regarding Cancel

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been discussed earlier

 Can we send Cancel request immediately after getting a 100 Trying
response to the INVITE?

 The other question is when we receive a INVITE with Record-Route
header, MUST we include this record-Route in the 487(to a CANCEL) 

 response ?

thanks in advance

best regards,

Sudhir

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Manjunath Warad <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:14:00 +0530

Hi,
    Since CANCEL is hop-by-hop request, it can be sent after receiving 100
Trying also. If a proxy responds with 100 Trying, UAC can send CANCEL, but
proxy will wait till it gets some provisional response from the next hop,
before it forwards the CANCEL. 
    So CANCEL can be sent after receiving 100 Trying response also.
 
Regards,
Manju

-----Original Message-----
From: Atul kumar Jha [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:02 PM
To: Sudhir Kumar Reddy; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sip] Query regarding Cancel

Hi Sudhir,

CANCEL can be sent after receiving provisional response (not 100 Trying).

It is not needed because ACK in this case will follow the same Route as the
INVITE.

Regards,

Atul 

  _____  

Hi All,

 Can we send Cancel request immediately after getting a 100 Trying response
to the INVITE?

 The other question is when we receive a INVITE with Record-Route header,
MUST we include this record-Route in the 487(to a CANCEL) 

 response ?

thanks in advance

best regards,

Sudhir