Subject: [Sip] A thread about problem of SIP event framework

From: Xiao Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:23:55 +0800

Hi, all
         As we all know that SIP event framework RFC3265 define one method
(SUBSCRIBE) to implement two functions,
One is initial subscription, another is refresh subscription. According to
RFC3265, the refresh SUBSCRIBE request not only
refresh subscription, but also get a full state of last resource in NOTIFY
request. It is overloaded to refresh SUBSCRIBE request, in some cases, the
functions of refresh subscription and get resource full state must not
provided together. User can choose to refresh subscription alone or get full
state of last resource alone.
 
         The draft "draft-niemi-sip-subnot-etags-00" try to solve this
problem, but it did not completely solve, it only restrain to contain the
full state in NOTIFY that refresh SUBSCRIBE request make, but NOTIFY request
is always sent after refresh SUBSCRIBE request.
 
         There have been a few threads about it. I will start a thread here.
         Define a parameter in Event header field, called "nonotify", like
this   
         Event: presence; nonotify
 
         If subscriber did not want to get full state of last resource ,
then include "nonotify" in the Event header field of refresh SUBSCRIBE
request, otherwise did not include.
         The notifier received refresh SUBSCRIBE request, check Event header
field, if notifier supported  "nonotify" parameter, then it did not send
NOTIFY, otherwise according to RFC3265 to do.

 Xiao

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip