Subject: RE: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-outbound-03.txt

From: "Christer Holmberg \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:59:21 +0100

Hi,

Assume that you use your SIP phone at home, which belongs to operator A.
Then you take your phone somewhere else, and connects it to a network
that belongs to operator B. In both cases the AoR of the registrar is
going to be the same, but you may have different outbound proxies.

Now, if that is out of the scope it's fine, but I don't really see any
walled garden about it...

Regards,

Christer 

-----Original Message-----
From: Juha Heinanen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 24. maaliskuuta 2006 10:45
To: Christer Holmberg (JO/LMF)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-outbound-03.txt 

Christer Holmberg (JO/LMF) writes:

 > Maybe when your phone is "statically located" you are always going to
> use the same outbound proxy. But, what about mobility? Is that out of
> the scope of this?

yes, it is out of the scope of the COMMON case.  the common case is that
the sip ua is free, no matter where it is currently located, to use the
same set of outbound proxies, i.e., the ones of own domain.

if sip ua is behind a firewall that blocks outbound sip traffic or in
some kind of 3gpp walled garden, where you want to milk the cow many
times, then you can provide any other configuration methods.

-- juha

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Juha Heinanen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:28:19 +0200

> going to be the same, but you may have different outbound proxies.

i may be old fashioned, but it used to be the case that if my pbone is
connected to internet via ISP A network and i move it to ISP B network,
i'm in both cases able to reach the internet connected proxy (perhaps in
ISP C network) of my own domain. 

--- juha