Subject: [Sip] response identity draft

From: "Feng Cao \(fcao\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 15:02:51 -0800

Hi all, 
Based on some comments, we extract the response identity draft from our
initial work on response security. The draft is available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cao-sip-response-identity-00.t
xt

This draft is more or less completely rewritten. Here is the abstract:

   The mechanism for securely providing responder's identity in response
   message is missing in the current Session Initiation Protocol.  Due
   to different call scenarios, the exact response identity is hard to
   guess through the existing response message.  This draft describes
   some extensions for providing SIP response identity and two security
   mechanisms for verifying the integrity of response identity.  It does
   so by defining new header fields as well as one new response code.
   Furthermore, the issue of how to require the presence of response
   identity in one SIP dialog is also discussed with one solution.

Thanks,

--Feng

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip