Subject: [Sip] Draft on the use of TLS in SIP

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:34:12 -0600

In another thread, it was so written:
> We have SIP over TLS e2e (SIPS) to avoid different SIP attacks
> eavesdropping, MiTM etc.

This sort of provides me a good opening so that I stay in Dean's
good books by stimulating discussions on this topic.

I have published an I-D on the use of TLS in SIP, including
cataloguing some open questions.  The appendix contains a
list of TLS test cases that may be applicable to the upcoming SIPit
in Tokyo.

Please see:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-sip-tls-use-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-sip-tls-use-00.html

I have received a couple of private emails on this draft.  How-
ever, it would be helpful if a larger set of eyes looked at it
commented on it.  So, please provide any comments you may have.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani  vkg@{lucent.com,research.bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies, Inc.
2701 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9F-546, Lisle, Illinois 60532 (USA)
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip