Subject: RE: [Sipping] Re: [Sip] Thoughts on the Principle of DividingandConquering

From: "David Schwartz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 21:49:18 +0200

Hi Guys.
 
While thinking of ways to lessen the load on you guys I reread a whole bunch of drafts and came to the realization that perhaps the correct approach to this problem is to move some of the drafts to the  SPEERMINT WG. There are many drafts that predate SPEERMINT and now that this WG exists these drafts should probably move to there.
 
Basically, any draft that deals with issues outside the domain administrator should migrate over. So issues like GRUU or OUTBOUND that deal with relationship between UA and DA stay. Issues like Traits, Identity, SAML, SPIT etc, that in their very essence deal with the interdomain issues should probably migrate over.
 
Any thoughts?
 
 David Schwartz
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:48:40 -0600

On Mar 15, 2006, at 1:49 PM, David Schwartz wrote:

> Hi Guys.
>
> While thinking of ways to lessen the load on you guys I reread a  
> whole bunch of drafts and came to the realization that perhaps the  
> correct approach to this problem is to move some of the drafts to  
> the  SPEERMINT WG. There are many drafts that predate SPEERMINT and  
> now that this WG exists these drafts should probably move to there.
>
> Basically, any draft that deals with issues outside the domain  
> administrator should migrate over. So issues like GRUU or OUTBOUND  
> that deal with relationship between UA and DA stay. Issues like  
> Traits, Identity, SAML, SPIT etc, that in their very essence deal  
> with the interdomain issues should probably migrate over.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
>  David Schwartz

Making left-handed suggestions? ;-)

Actually, this is not a bad idea. I disagree with the dividing line  
you suggest in a few cases (identity, being applicable within a  
domain, needs to stay in SIP), but there's clearly some work that  
needs to go to SPEERMINT.

I was talking to one of the other chairs yesterday, and we ran  
through the current -sip- drafts and agreed "SPEERMINT" on a number  
of them.

--
Dean