Subject: [Sip] Last Call: 'Management Information Base for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:58:59 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol WG to 
consider the following document:

- 'Management Information Base for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-sip-mib-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2006-04-06.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-mib-10.txt

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Samir Srivastava" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 03:45:21 -0600

Hi,

1.   It defines Object sipNotifSequenceNumber. It is defined for Manager
to find a missing / out of
sequence NOTIFICATION. Why not NOTIFICATIONS are stored in a table ? If
Manager looses a notification, it cannot find which one is lost. Manager
might poll this sequence, if it finds something missing, it can fetch
from the table. If it is missing the latest Notification, then it is
very important for the determining server health. Am I missing something
? 

2.  It defines "congested" as one of the value for sipServiceOperStatus.
IMHO, Congestion is network property. It should be "overloaded" .
Overload is server CPU stuff. If SIP server is finding congestion also
based on retransmission etc, then shouldn't we have these two as
distinct values.
   
3. As of now we know binary representation of overload/congestion is
problem ? Shouldn't we have variable with % of overload. This MIB might
be addressing 3261, it is a new requirement developing. So I am not that
much concerned on this.

Thx
Samir

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:59 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] Last Call: 'Management Information Base for the Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to Proposed Standard 

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol WG
to consider the following document:

- 'Management Information Base for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
'
   <draft-ietf-sip-mib-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip