Subject: [Sip] GRUU draft: Record routing

From: Fredrik Thulin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 09:11:07 +0100

Hi

I understand that the Record routing in GRUU draft 07 was discussed 
during the SIP session yesterday.

Unfortunately I could not follow that because the audio streaming wasn't 
working (for me at least) during the GRUU presentation, but I am very 
interested in hearing about the reasons for the home proxy to do 
Record-Route for the purpose of handling mid-dialog requests.

  1) Isn't the Record-Route redundant since the GRUU by definition 
     "routes to a server that can make sure the request is delivered to 
      the UA instance"?

  2) Why is it necessary to make all in-dialog requests use the same 
     reg-id if the client (using outbound) have multiple active 
     contacts? Isn't it sufficient to make sure the requests are routed
     to the same UA instance? The 'grid' parameter makes it possible for
     the client to know the context already.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could inform me of what was said 
on this topic yesterday, since I can't really figure out why this is 
needed.

Thanks

/Fredrik

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip