Subject: [Sip] draft-niemi-sip-subnot-etags-00.txt

From: "Drage, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:24:59 +0100

(As chair)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-niemi-sip-subnot-etags-00.txt makes a proposal for:

"   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) events framework enables
   receiving asynchronous notification of events related to SIP systems.
   This framework defines the procedures for creating, refreshing and
   terminating subscriptions, as well as fetching and periodic polling
   of resource state.  These procedures have a serious deficiency in
   that they do not allow state to persist over a subscription refresh,
   or between two consecutive polls.  Another related but different
   problem relates to the relative intolerance of the framework to
   interferences in networking connectivity of subscribers in long-
   lasting subscriptions.  This document explains the problems in more
   detail and discusses possible solutions."

This draft was discussed at the face-to-face meeting at IETF #65 but without conclusion.

We seek views on whether the SIP WG should adopt a draft in this area as a charter item, and if so, what scope that charter item should have.

regards

Keith

Keith Drage
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip