Subject: [Sip] SIP - register before send/receive?

From: "Sebastian Szczygiel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:16:55 +0200

Hello,

I'm using SIP on Nokia mobile phones in Java...

Do you i have to register every time a user before sending or receiving any
messages?

>From the nokia SIP examples i still haven't understood how receiving works.
Seems like all examples are listening on a port for all messages and not
only message which are addressed to the user with should receive them.

I understand that

sip:*;type=\"application/test\"

means for me, that the SipServer-Listener-implementation is listening for
all messages which belong to the application 'test'.

Ok, let's say i have several users and i don't want all messages but only
the message which belong to me.

How do i realize that? How do I let the sip server know that I'm user
"user2" and want only messages from "user1".

BR, Sebastian

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip