Subject: [Sip] proxy redirected?

From: Charles Kristofek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 22:44:57 -0500

Hi.

Can anyone explain how an RFC3261 compliant proxy determines when a 

"302 Moved Temporarily" is received by the proxy whether to
a.    Redirect immediately to the new contact, or
b.    Pass the 302 backwards, allowing the originating UA to retry.
It would seem that a proxy making use of a Redirect Server
would always perform choice (a).
Subsequently, the "new contact" may also reply with a 302...
 
Thanks,
Chuck K.

THIS E-MAIL MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, COPYRIGHTED,  OR OTHER  
LEGALLY PROTECTED INFORMATION.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT 
(EVEN IF THE E-MAIL ADDRESS ABOVE IS YOURS), YOU MAY NOT USE, COPY 
OR RETRANSMIT IT.  IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS BY MISTAKE, OR WISH TO BE
REMOVED FROM A MAILING LIST, PLEASE NOTIFY US BY RETURN E-MAIL AT
 [email-masked], THEN DELETE.  THANK YOU.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 22:56:21 -0500

From: Charles Kristofek <[email-masked]>

It can choose to do either, "based on local policy".

Dale