Subject: [Sip] question on refresh request to trigger full state notification

From: "Ramamoorthy Subramanian (ramsubra)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:48:09 -0800

We're implementing RFC4662 and wondering how to trigger full state
notification. The spec says as follows.
 
"Immediate notifications triggered as a result of subsequent SUBSCRIBE
messages SHOULD include an RLMI document in which the full state is
indicated.  The RLS SHOULD also include state information for all
resources in the list for which the RLS has state, subject to policy
restrictions.  This allows the subscriber to refresh their state, and
to recover from lost notifications."
 
This is not clear to me. Does this mean the subscriber needs to send a
refresh request by including RLMI doc?  I guess, not. According to
RFC3265, I think, you cant do this. If this means that the subscribe
should send another subscribe request (resubscribe) to get the
full-state notification? What am I missing here? Is there a simple way
to request a full-state notification by subscriber?
 
Thanks,
 
-rama

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:11:40 -0500

From: "Ramamoorthy Subramanian (ramsubra)" <[email-masked]>

   [...] [Does] this means that the subscribe[r] should send another
   subscribe request (resubscribe) to get the full-state notification?

Yes.

Dale