Subject: [Sip] New version of draft-ietf-sip-body-handling-01.txt

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:28:37 +0200

Folks,

I have put together a new version of the body handling draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-body-handling-01.txt

This version addresses all the comments we got in its APPS review, which 
included modifying the structure of the document. With respect to 
references to body parts, per the guidelines we got from the APPS 
people, the document now only allows forward references.

Comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
TrAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body; access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-body-handling-01.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-ietf-sip-body-handling-01.txt"; site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp"; directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <2008-01-23142430.I-D\@ietf.org>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip
--NextPart--

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:56:20 -0500

Gonzalo,

This is *much* improved! (Not that it was bad before.) It is very 
straightforward and clear. I like it a lot.

I was only thinking about one use case that may, or may not, warrant 
some special explanation - the use of sipfrag.

A sipfrag is allowed to contain any subset of initial lines, headers, 
and body from a sip message. This could for instance lead to unsatisfied 
references to body parts, or to body parts that were intended to be 
referenced, but whose references have been elided. As a result it may 
not be possible to properly process the body parts of a sipfrag.

I think this this is pretty much intended behavior and so it should be 
ok to send such ill-constructed things. But it might be good, here or 
somewhere else, to clarify the construction and usage of sipfrags - what 
makes sense and what does not.

	Thanks,
	Paul