Subject: [Sip] Re: SIP Location Conveyance revved (-09)

From: "Karl Heinz Wolf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 15:39:34 +0100

by James M. Polk  Nov 21, 2007; 09:56pm
< - made "inserted-by=" a mandatory header parameter.  This is because
< there is a comparable header for errors that needs this parameter's
< value. I'll mention that in a bit.

Hi James,

I just had a look at the draft because of the "inserted-by" parameter
and noticed the following inconsistency:

Section 3 says:

   The Geolocation header can have parameters that are associated
   with a URI in the header field.  The "inserted-by" parameter has
   values of "endpoint" or "server", indicating which entry added
   location to the message. This header parameter MAY be added every
   time a new location is added into a message.

But below it is a "must" and the parameter contains the host name.

-karl heinz

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 07:42:39 -0600

Karl

Good catch.  I also noticed an incorrect word in what you quoted 
(entry instead of entity).  I added text to the bottom of this 
paragraph indicating the "inserted-by" parameter is necessary for any 
location inserting entity.  Hopefully I will finish -10 soon (there 
were a lot of changes because of what was said in Vancouver) and 
submit it for review...  ;-)

James