Subject: [Sip] draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent-00.txt

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:02:17 +0200

Wish to get a clarification regarding what will happen when we subscribe 
to the 
resources below and the first entry does not exist while the other two do 
exist. 
Assume that we get a pending notification, when and how will it be 
possible to 
know which resource does exist and which one does not.

What will be the content of the pending notification and how it will be 
possible 
to know which one exist?

   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <resource-lists xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:resource-lists">
    <list>
     <entry uri="resource-lists/users/sip:[email-masked]/index"/>
     <entry uri="rls-services/users/sip:[email-masked]/index/
   ~~/*/service%5b@uri='sip:[email-masked]'%5d"/>
     <entry uri="pidf-manipulation/"/>
    </list>
   </resource-lists>
--Avshalom

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jari Urpalainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:14:49 +0200

Avshalom, sorry for slow response...

ext Avshalom Houri wrote:
>
> Wish to get a clarification regarding what will happen when we 
> subscribe to the
> resources below and the first entry does not exist while the other two 
> do exist.
> What will be the content of the pending notification and how it will 
> be possible
> to know which one exist?
>
>

The initial full notification will list all existing resources, so given 
the resource-lists document (index) doesn't exist it will not be 
indicated within the notification. So the element will be indicated and 
possibly zero or multiple documents within the pidf-manipulataion 
collection. So there are no reason indications like error codes within 
the notifications, the resources simply doesn't exist within the 
notification body. So a client knows what it tries to retrieve and the 
full notification will list what resources are available, i.e. some 
pretty simple logic on a client side.

br, jari