Subject: [Sip] updates to media-security-requirements

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:16:07 -0800

At long last, what everyone has been waiting for:  -02 of
draft-ietf-sip-media-security-requirements has been submitted.  Changes from
-01 include:

  * changing requirement numbers to mnemonics (see Appendix E
    for details)
  * added discussion discussing re-use of cryptographic context to aid
    performance; this is now a 'protocol MUST support' and 'SHOULD
    implement' requirement.
  * removed requirement to upgrade from RTP to SRTP, as the
    requirement was never sufficiently clear.
  * added more text around several of the requirements.
  * fixed some nits.

Differences from -01 and -02 are at this link (rfcdiff):
  http://tinyurl.com/26zajs

Please reply if you have any comments on these changes.  I will ask the chairs
to start a WGLC soon.

-d

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip