Subject: [Sip] issues on two different session policies in the draft "draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framework-04"

From: Yuxia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 18:09:26 +0800

hi, all
 
some issues on two diffrent session policies of draft-ietf-sip-sip session
policy-framework need to be queried. could you help me? thanks. as follow,
 
Producedures in the draft only describe the usage of the session-specific
policy, is right? so as for the session-independent policy, how does UAC
retrieve it?
it is only through SUBSCRIBE request and only simple interactive, is it ?
Then UA will retrieve the session-indepdent immediately  when UA registering
himself into the network as the said in the draft that the
session-independent  policy always is applied before the session-specific
policy, is right ?  
 
if my understanding is right, is it indicated that there is no collide for
retrieve of two different policies, then it is no necessary for UAC to
differentiate the two different policies, so does the policy server ? 
 
thanks again. 
B.R.
 
Isal

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Volker Hilt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:01:51 -0400

Yuxia Zhang wrote:
> hi, all
>  
> some issues on two diffrent session policies of draft-ietf-sip-sip 
> session policy-framework need to be queried. could you help me? thanks. 
> as follow,
>  
> Producedures in the draft only describe the usage of the 
> session-specific policy, is right? so as for the session-independent 
> policy, how does UAC retrieve it?

Session-independent policies make use of the config framework 
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-15) as 
described in the draft.

> it is only through SUBSCRIBE request and only simple interactive, is it 
> ? Then UA will retrieve the session-indepdent immediately  when UA 
> registering himself into the network as the said in the draft that the 
> session-independent  policy always is applied before the 
> session-specific policy, is right ? 
>  
The UA will get session-independent policies when setting up the 
subscription using the config framework as described in section 3.2. 
Yes, session-independent policies are applied before session-specific 
policies are applied.

> if my understanding is right, is it indicated that there is no collide 
> for retrieve of two different policies, then it is no necessary for UAC 
> to differentiate the two different policies, so does the policy server ?
>  
There should be no need for the UA or the policy server to differentiate 
between the two policies. They are applied in the order described above.

Thanks,

Volker

---

From: Yuxia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 16:17:01 +0800

volker, 
thanks a lot !

Additionally,  there are still another places  for the figure 3 and figure 4
in the draft needs to be clarified, can you ?   

As follows,

>From the context,  whether should they be "policy channel
+infoOffer+InfoAnswer" for the step (9) and (10) in the figure 3 and for the
step (12) and (13) in the figure 4 in the draft?

I wonder whether it is my fault or other question, such as typo error, other
explanation:)

cheers

isal 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Volker
Hilt
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:02 AM
To: Yuxia Zhang
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sip] issues on two different session policies in the
draft"draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framework-04"

> it is only through SUBSCRIBE request and only simple interactive, is 
> it ? Then UA will retrieve the session-indepdent immediately  when UA 

> for retrieve of two different policies, then it is no necessary for 
> UAC to differentiate the two different policies, so does the policy server
?

Thanks,

Volker

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip