Subject: [Sip] Question on RFC 3264 Offer/Answer Model

From: "George Foti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:46:32 -0400

Hi,

I have a question on the subject RFC in particular when it relates to
multicast streams.
In section 6.2 on Multicast streams, the following is a quotation from
the RFC:

The set of media formats in the answer MUST be equal to or be a subset
of those in the offer. Removing a format is a way for the answerer to
indicate that the format is not supported. The ptime and bandwidth
attributes in the answer MUST equal the ones in the offer, if present.
If not present, a non-zero ptime MAY be added to the answer. 

My question relates to the silence in regard what happens in the answer
if the bandwidth is absent from the offer.
Can the answer include a bandwidth.

I appreciate a clarification in that regard.

George Foti
Ericsson Canada
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip