Subject: [Sip] again: issues on two different session policies in the draft"draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framework-04"

From: Yuxia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:33:35 +0800

hi, volker

Sorry :), besides the below point to be clarified by you, could you explain
another place which forgets to be added in the below email from the the
figure "B.3" ? 

when UA B finishes applying the policies from PSA and PSB in the order, why
does UA B  apply policies from PSA and PSB again like the indication from
the step 12 to the step 19?  if being session description updated,  how does
UA B know to stop applying PSA and PSB? moreover, why should not the step 16
be "SUBSCRIBE<o''', a'''>" ?  

thanks a lot 

cheers

isal 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Yuxia
Zhang
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 4:17 PM
To: 'Volker Hilt'
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sip] issues on two different session policies in the
draft"draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framework-04"

volker,
thanks a lot !

Additionally,  there are still another places  for the figure 3 and figure 4
in the draft needs to be clarified, can you ?   

As follows,

>From the context,  whether should they be "policy channel
+infoOffer+InfoAnswer" for the step (9) and (10) in the figure 3 and for 
+infoOffer+the
step (12) and (13) in the figure 4 in the draft?

I wonder whether it is my fault or other question, such as typo error, other
explanation:)

cheers

isal 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Volker
Hilt
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:02 AM
To: Yuxia Zhang
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sip] issues on two different session policies in the
draft"draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framework-04"

Yuxia Zhang wrote:
> hi, all
>  
> some issues on two diffrent session policies of draft-ietf-sip-sip 
> session policy-framework need to be queried. could you help me? thanks.
> as follow,
>  
> Producedures in the draft only describe the usage of the 
> session-specific policy, is right? so as for the session-independent 
> policy, how does UAC retrieve it?

Session-independent policies make use of the config framework
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-15) as
described in the draft.

> it is only through SUBSCRIBE request and only simple interactive, is 
> it ? Then UA will retrieve the session-indepdent immediately  when UA 
> registering himself into the network as the said in the draft that the 
> session-independent  policy always is applied before the 
> session-specific policy, is right ?
>  
The UA will get session-independent policies when setting up the
subscription using the config framework as described in section 3.2. 
Yes, session-independent policies are applied before session-specific
policies are applied.

> if my understanding is right, is it indicated that there is no collide 
> for retrieve of two different policies, then it is no necessary for 
> UAC to differentiate the two different policies, so does the policy 
> server
?
There should be no need for the UA or the policy server to differentiate
between the two policies. They are applied in the order described above.

Thanks,

Volker

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip