Subject: [Sip] Thoughts on how gruu, outbound, etc. should have been documented

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:12:34 -0500

In retrospect, our world might be tidier had we used a document  
structure something like this:

1) Instance identification for SIP user agents, and the use of  
instance identification in SIP registration.

2) Global aliasing for user-agent-instance/AOR tuples (making/using a  
GRUU for an instance)

3) Keepalive for SIP message sequences.

4) Persistence and reuse of registration flows (core Outbound).

5) Enhanced availability architecture using the preceding design  
elements.

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip