Subject: [Sip] RFC 5365 on Multiple-Recipient MESSAGE Requests in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:27:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5365

        Title:      Multiple-Recipient MESSAGE Requests in the 
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     M. Garcia-Martin, G. Camarillo
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 41393
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-uri-list-message-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5365.txt

This document specifies a mechanism that allows a SIP User Agent
Client (UAC) to send a SIP MESSAGE request to a set of destinations,
by using a SIP URI-list (Uniform Resource Identifier list) service.
The UAC sends a SIP MESSAGE request that includes the payload along
with the URI list to the MESSAGE URI-list service, which sends a
MESSAGE request including the payload to each of the URIs included in
the list.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working 
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip