Subject: [Sip] RFC 5369 on Framework for Transcoding with the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:28:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5369

        Title:      Framework for Transcoding with the 
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     G. Camarillo
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 20428
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-transc-framework-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5369.txt

This document defines a framework for transcoding with SIP.  This
framework includes how to discover the need for transcoding services
in a session and how to invoke those transcoding services.  Two
models for transcoding services invocation are discussed: the
conference bridge model and the third-party call control model.  Both
models meet the requirements for SIP regarding transcoding services
invocation to support deaf, hard of hearing, and speech-impaired
individuals.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal 
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip