Subject: [Sip] info-events and callee capabilities / caller prefs (RFC3840/3841)

From: Jeroen van Bemmel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 12:42:54 +0200

All,

In analogy with RFC3265-based events and caller prefs / callee 
capabilities, I believe there may be value in having something similar 
for info-events.

Since the current info-events draft does not define a tag for use in 
Supported/Require, a UAC currently has no way to signal that it prefers 
to communicate with a UAS that supports INFO events, let alone  specific 
INFO events (e.g. key strokes, caller ID pictures, etc.). Such a 
capability could be valuable in upgrade scenarios (i.e. moving from a 
network that does not support INFO packages).

My suggestion is therefore to let the new info-events draft update 
RFC3840/RFC3841 with e.g. "info-events=....", and to also define a tag 
for use with Supported/Require to support capability indication

Regards,
Jeroen
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:02:12 +0100

Hi,
 
I agree. I think it would be very useful, for forking cases, if a UA can register the info packages it supports.
 
Regards,
 
Christer

________________________________

From: [email-masked] on behalf of Jeroen van Bemmel
Sent: Sat 25/10/2008 12:42
To: IETF SIP List
Subject: [Sip] info-events and callee capabilities / caller prefs(RFC3840/3841)

All,

Regards,
Jeroen