Subject: [Sip] stateless proxy support Outbound ?

From: "Karthikeyan Gopal " <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 11:00:00 +0530

Hi All,

   Can stateless proxy support Outbound?

If so why it was not mentioned clearly in draft? Where to store the flow
info?

Thanks & Regards,

Karthik

DISCLAIMER:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Attila Sipos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 07:55:50 +0100

It is possible - to do it you have to store the flow information in a
Via parameter
(or mix it into the branch, if you prefer).
 
Unfortunately, the draft does not discuss stateless proxies

Regards,
 
Attila
 
PS I did have a discussion with someone about this but it might be
a bit confusing (it's just a big mess of e-mails).
if you want to look at some main points, here are some links:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip/current/msg21238.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip/current/msg21245.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip/current/msg21249.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip/current/msg21331.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip/current/msg21344.html

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Karthikeyan Gopal 
Sent: 08 October 2008 06:30
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] stateless proxy support Outbound ?

Hi All,

Thanks & Regards,

Karthik

DISCLAIMER:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and
intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its
affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily
reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this
e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender
immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

---

From: "Karthikeyan Gopal " <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 14:52:35 +0530

Is there any specific thing that has to be followed for UDP?

Where and what should be stored to maintain the same flow in case of
edge proxy and registrar in different node?

Why there was no discussion about mid-dialog and double record route in
outbound draft?

Regards,

Karthikeyan.G

From: Attila Sipos [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 2:32 PM
To: Karthikeyan Gopal 
Subject: RE: [Sip] stateless proxy support Outbound ?

Yes, it can.

Regards,

Attila

From: Karthikeyan Gopal [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 08 October 2008 09:59
To: Attila Sipos
Subject: RE: [Sip] stateless proxy support Outbound ?

Thanks Attila.

I have one more query .Can Outbound be implemented with UDP transport?

Thanks & Regards,

Karthikeyan.G

From: Attila Sipos [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 12:26 PM
To: Karthikeyan Gopal ; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sip] stateless proxy support Outbound ?

Regards,

Attila

size=2 width="100%" align=center tabIndex=-1> 

Hi All,

Thanks & Regards,

Karthik

DISCLAIMER:

.

.

---

From: "Attila Sipos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:01:41 +0100

>>Is there any specific thing that has to be followed for UDP?

Not really.  As long the as flow token stored in the Via records the
remote IP and port.
 
For TCP, you need to record the socket number and make sure you don't
close
the socket (you can close it after the keepalive has expired)

This is a little bit harder.
If proxy and registrar are in the same node, it's quite easy.
 
If not in the same node, then I'd recommend Sergio's comments from here:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip/current/msg21331.html
 
putting his comments together:
>>   Our approach tries to use the flow token also in responses: we just
>>put the flow token in the Via. As mentioned before:
>>   -the UA stores the flow token when it receives a 200 OK after
REGISTER;
>>   -then it puts it into every SIP request that is sent over a flow;
>>   -then the edge proxy copies the flow token to the URI part of the
Via
>>when it composes the Via before to forward the message.
>>   -Later, when the response arrives at the edge proxy, it tries to
>>decode the flow token in the Via, if it succeeds, it  forwards the
>>response over the flow indicated in the flow token.

>>Why there was no discussion about mid-dialog and double record route
in outbound draft?

No idea.  Maybe it was considered too awkward.
 
Regards,

Attila

From: Karthikeyan Gopal [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 08 October 2008 10:23
To: Attila Sipos
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sip] stateless proxy support Outbound ?

Regards,

Karthikeyan.G

Yes, it can.

Regards,

Attila

Thanks Attila.

Thanks & Regards,

Karthikeyan.G

Regards,

Attila

Hi All,

Thanks & Regards,

Karthik

DISCLAIMER:

.

.