Subject: [Sip] draft-ietf-sip-info-events-00: Your Questions

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:42:39 -0400

Eric,

The following are a couple of the questions in the document, with my 
response. I'm saving another one for a separate thread.

       [EDITOR'S NOTE: is not waiting for a dialog to fully establish a
       problem?  Personally, I doubt it.  Even the corner cases, like
       forking, do not bother me.]

Well, you definitely must have an early dialog, even if it was 
established via an unreliable response. But I agree this is not a 
problem. If the UA doesn't want to exchange some package until the call 
is answered, then it can renegotiate that afterwards.

       [EDITOR'S NOTE: I chose 489 as 405 implies a media mis-match and
       501 implies INFO is not supported.  This protocol failure is
       identical to a NOTIFY with an event package the UAS did not
       subscribe to.  We could create a new response code if you have
       problems with "Bad Event" implying there is some link between INFO
       and NOTIFY.  However, I would offer what we are doing is refining
       489 to mean, "received some package in some context that I do not
       understand," where today the possible contexts are INFO and
       NOTIFY.  Work for you?]

Yes.

	Thanks,
	Paul
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip