Subject: [Sip] Note on RFC 3330 Reserved Example IP Addresses in Drafts

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 11:50:56 -0500

RFC 3330 defines reserved IP addresses for use in examples in internet  
drafts and RFCs.

The IESG has gotten very strict about publishing drafts that do not  
conform to RFC 3330's guidelines.

And, the idnits tool checks for these things.

An example of idnits output:

Found possible IPv4 address '10.1.1.2' in position 42; this doesn't  
match RFC3330's suggested 192.0.2.0/24

The idnits tool is online at:

http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/
Idnits is easy to use. I strongly recommend all authors run every  
draft through idnits before submitting it, and clearing up all errors  
and as many warnings as reasonably possible. It will make my life   
easier!

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip