Subject: [Sip] Heads-up on changes in US Visa Waiver Progam

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 15:11:04 -0600

This was sent to the IETF 73 attendees list, and appears to be valid:

------
This is to inform you that, effective January 12, 2009, the  
requirements to travel visa-free into the United States will be  
changed. Nationals of Visa Waiver Program countries will still be  
eligible to travel without a visa, but will have to obtain an approved  
travel authorization prior to their travel to the United States.
The actual approval form and additional information may be found at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov 
.
------

This would appear to require that you know what flight you're coming  
in on before you can request permission to enter the country, so it  
may affect your trip-planning schedule.

I hope the other nations of the world don't enact a retaliatory  
requirement, but they probably will. Well, there goes the neighborhood.

Good luck, everybody!

--
Dean
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip