Subject: [Sip] Document Action: 'Requirements and Analysis of Media Security Management Protocols' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:14:17 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Requirements and Analysis of Media Security Management Protocols '
   <draft-ietf-sip-media-security-requirements-09.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-media-security-requirements-09.txt

Technical Summary

This document describes requirements for a protocol to negotiate a
security context for SIP-signaled SRTP media. In addition to the
natural security requirements, this negotiation protocol must
interoperate well with SIP in certain ways. A number of proposals
have been published and a summary of these proposals is in the
appendix of this document.

Working Group Summary

There was considerable controvery about the inclusion of requirements
related to key disclosure. 

Document Quality

Security adviser Eric Rescorla was actively involved in reviewing the
requirements, as they apply to the SRTP/DTLS framework for which he is
the editor.

Personnel

The Proto Shepherd is Dean Willis. The Responsible Area Director is
Cullen Jennings. No IANA experts are required.

RFC Editor Note

  Please review the comments in the tracker.  If the RFC Editor 
  agrees with them, they seemed like a good edition to me.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip