Subject: [Sip] RFC 5479 on Requirements and Analysis of Media Security Management Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 16:46:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5479

        Title:      Requirements and Analysis of Media 
                    Security Management Protocols 
        Author:     D. Wing, Ed.,
                    S. Fries, H. Tschofenig,
                    F. Audet
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      45
        Characters: 99096
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-media-security-requirements-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5479.txt

This document describes requirements for a protocol to negotiate a
security context for SIP-signaled Secure RTP (SRTP) media.  In
addition to the natural security requirements, this negotiation
protocol must interoperate well with SIP in certain ways.  A number
of proposals have been published and a summary of these proposals is
in the appendix of this document.  This memo provides information 
for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute