Subject: Re: [Sip] Is REFER within dialog part of INVITE or subscription usage? (was RE: SIP INFO)

From: "Dale Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:15:50 -0400

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 09:45 -0400, Paul Kyzivat wrote:
> That is why dialog matching should still be done. I have no business 
> inventing a To-tag for you. It has to be *your* To-tag. If you don't 
> recognize it then you send me a 481.

Ah, yes, I'd overlooked that out-of-dialog and in-dialog requests are
syntactically distinguishable, rather than being distinguished by
whether the recipient has previously seen a request with the same
call-id.

Dale

---

From: "Dale Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:19:39 -0400

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 13:33 +0100, Hans Erik van Elburg wrote:

>                 3rd party contact center desktop monitoring
>                 application is used by the supervisor to see agent's
>                 activities. Thru a CTI <->SIP translator, it SUBs to
>                 the agent's presence. Once the customer service agent
>                 comes in the morning and turns his phone's status to
>                 Online(Open), app notices this and forces it to
>                 Register. At the end of the day when agent leaves,
>                 does the opposite and de-registers it. Thus, it is
>                 made sure that they only get billed for the time that
>                 agent was registered(online) by the service provider.

> That, AND why would you not use the OPEN line button to just REGISTER?
> And make the application be notified that the
> registration/deregistration happened.

E.g., the monitoring application can subscribe to 'reg' events for the
agent's AOR.  When the agent activates his phone, the phone registers.
The monitoring application is notified of the registration, which
simultaneously tells the monitoring application of the contact URI
(and/or GRUU) of the agent's phone.  This lets the monitoring
application perform 3pcc operations.

Dale