Subject: [Sip] draft-ietf-sip-199-07: 199 response and local ringtone generation

From: Hans Erik van Elburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 13:18:12 +0200

I was thinking that 199 response is also helpful for a UAC to be able to
decide when local ringing tone generation can be started again, when it was
suppressed before due to arriving early media which was associated with a
now terminated early dialog.

To highlight this I propose the following example to be added to section
4.2. Examples of policy procedures:
"2. UAC ring tone generation - when a UAC receives a 180 response, it may
choose to generate a local ringing tone. If early media is received, the UAC
may stop the local ringback tone generation and play the incoming early
media packets. If a 199 response is received on the early dialog associated
with the early media, and the UAC has previously received a 180 response for
another early dialog, it can start to generate local ringback tone again.
Having knowledge that the early dialog associated with early media has been
terminated, the UAC can also start generating local ringback tone if a 180
is received on another early dialog after the early dialog has been
terminated."

Best Regards,
/Hans Erik van Elburg

---

From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 13:39:06 +0200

Hi,
 
I can add that example to chapter 4.2, if nobody objects.
 
Regards,
 
Christer

________________________________

	From: Hans Erik van Elburg [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: 9. huhtikuuta 2009 14:18
	To: SIP List; Christer Holmberg
	Subject: draft-ietf-sip-199-07: 199 response and local ringtone
generation

	I was thinking that 199 response is also helpful for a UAC to be
able to decide when local ringing tone generation can be started again,
when it was suppressed before due to arriving early media which was
associated with a now terminated early dialog.
	
	To highlight this I propose the following example to be added to
section 4.2. Examples of policy procedures:
	"2. UAC ring tone generation - when a UAC receives a 180
response, it may choose to generate a local ringing tone. If early media
is received, the UAC may stop the local ringback tone generation and
play the incoming early media packets. If a 199 response is received on
the early dialog associated with the early media, and the UAC has
previously received a 180 response for another early dialog, it can
start to generate local ringback tone again. Having knowledge that the
early dialog associated with early media has been terminated, the UAC
can also start generating local ringback tone if a 180 is received on
another early dialog after the early dialog has been terminated."
	
	Best Regards,
	/Hans Erik van Elburg