Subject: [Sip] RFC 5763 on Framework for Establishing a Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) Security Context Using Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 12:27:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5763

        Title:      Framework for Establishing a Secure 
                    Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) Security Context 
                    Using Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) 
        Author:     J. Fischl, H. Tschofenig,
                    E. Rescorla
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 81546
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-dtls-srtp-framework-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5763.txt

This document specifies how to use the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) to establish a Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP)
security context using the Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)
protocol.  It describes a mechanism of transporting a fingerprint
attribute in the Session Description Protocol (SDP) that identifies
the key that will be presented during the DTLS handshake.  The key
exchange travels along the media path as opposed to the signaling
path.  The SIP Identity mechanism can be used to protect the
integrity of the fingerprint attribute from modification by
intermediate proxies.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC