Subject: [Sip] Protocol Action: 'Domain Certificates in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 11:49:50 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Domain Certificates in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-sip-domain-certs-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-domain-certs-07.txt

Technical summary.

This document describes how to construct and interpret certain
information in a X.509 PKIX-compliant certificate for use in a Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) over Transport Layer Security (TLS) connection.
More specifically, this document describes how to encode and extract the
identity of a SIP domain in a certificate and how to use that identity for
SIP domain authentication.  As such, this document is relevant both to
implementors of SIP and to issuers of certificates.
Working group summary.

There is consensus in the working group to publish this document. 

Document Quality

Implementors have found this document helpful. It has been discussed in
SIP and PKIX WG. 

Personnel

The document shepherd for this document was Keith Drage. The responsible
Area Director was Cullen Jennings.