Subject: [Sip] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4244 (2608)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 10:53:35 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4244,
"An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for Request History Information".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4244&eid=2608

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Hadriel Kaplan <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.5

Original Text
-------------
                History-Info: <sip:[email-masked]>;index=1,
                   <sip:[email-masked]>; index=1.1,
                   <sip:[email-masked]?Reason=SIP;\
                    cause=408;text="RequestTimeout">;index=1.1.1,
                   <sip:[email-masked]?Reason=SIP; \
                    cause=487;text="Request Terminated">; index=1.1.2,
                   <sip:[email-masked]?Reason=SIP;\
                    cause=603;text="Decline">; index=1.1.3

Corrected Text
--------------
                History-Info: <sip:[email-masked]>;index=1,
                   <sip:[email-masked]>; index=1.1,
                   <sip:[email-masked]?Reason=SIP%3B\
                    cause%3D408%3Btext%3D%22RequestTimeout%22>;index=1.1.1,
                   <sip:[email-masked]?Reason=SIP%3B\
                    cause%3D487%3Btext%3D%22Request%20Terminated%22>; index=1.1.2,
                   <sip:[email-masked]?Reason=SIP%3B\
                    cause%3D603%3Btext%3D%22Decline%22>; index=1.1.3

Notes
-----
This is one of many incorrect examples in section 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, etc.  The ";", "=", double-quotes, and space are not legal tokens in URI-embedded headers.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC4244 (draft-ietf-sip-history-info-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for Request History Information
Publication Date    : November 2005
Author(s)           : M. Barnes, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Session Initiation Protocol
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG