Subject: [sipcore] Errata report for Errata 2161 for RFC3398, "ISDN User Part (ISUP) to SIP Mapping"

From: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:55:28 -0400

======================================================================
RFC3398, "Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) User Part (ISUP)
to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Mapping"
Source of RFC: sipping (rai)

Errata ID: 2161

Status: Reported
Type: Editorial

Reported By: Andrew Miller
Date Reported: 2010-04-13

Section 8.2.6.1 says:

504 Version Not Supported            127 Interworking (+)

It should say:

505 Version Not Supported            127 Interworking (+)

Notes:

504 appears twice with different text. From the context, it looks like
the text in the second entry is correct, and the number is wrong.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended status:  (correct) Verified (publish)

The erratum is correct.  The proposed correction is supported by:  (1)
the correlation between the list of 5xx response codes in 8.2.6.1 and
the list in RFC 3261, (2) the definitions and "standard" texts for the
504 and 505 error responses in RFC 3261, (3) the meanings of the
paired ISUP cause codes, and (4) footnote "(+)" of the entry "Version
Not Supported".

The error is relatively minor, but it would be wise to not require
every implementer to solve this puzzle again.  Therefore I am
recommending that it be published (status Verified).
======================================================================

Dale