Subject: [sipcore] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for Request History Information
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2010-10-25

This document defines a standard mechanism for capturing the history
information associated with a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
request.  This capability enables many enhanced services by providing
the information as to how and why a call arrives at a specific
application or user.  This document defines an optional SIP header,
History-Info, for capturing the history information in requests.  SIP
header field parameters are defined to tag the method by which the
target of a request is determined.  In addition, this document
defines a value for the Privacy header specific to the History-Info
header.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 15:39:44 -0500

Hi folks,

We have updated the document to address the issues raised and
discussed on the mailing list.

 The following summarizes the changes and lists the issues related to
the change:
 1.   Editorial nits/clarifications.  [Issues: 1,6,17,18,21-
        23,25,26,30-33,35-37,39,40]

   2.   Removing extraneous 4244 text - e.g., errors in flows,
        "stronger" security, "session" privacy.  [Issues: 3,5,7,11 ]

   3.   Updated definition of "retarget" to be all encompassing - i.e.,
        also includes internal changes of target URI.  Clarified text
        for "internal retarging" in proxy section.  [Issues: 2,8,9]

   4.   Clarified that the processing for Proxies is equally applicable
        to other SIP intermediaries.  [Issue: 9].

   5.   Changed more SHOULDs to MUSTs.  [Issue: 10]

   6.   Fixes to Application considerations section.  [Issues: 12-15]

   7.   Changed language in the procedure for Indexing to normative
        language.

   8.   Clarifications for UAC processing:

        *  SHOULD add hi-entry.  [Issue: 28]

        *  MUST add histinfo option tag. [Issue:  27 ]

        *  Clarify applicability to B2BUA.  [Issue: 29]

        *  Fixed text for indexing for UAC in case of 3xx.

   9.   Changed "hit" URI parameter to header parameters: [Issues:4,40]

        *  Added index to all target header parameters.  [Issues: 41]

        *  Updated all the relevant sections documenting setting and use
           of new header parameters.  [Issue: 40]

   10.  Updated/clarified/simplified privacy handling.  [Issue: 16]

   11.  Updated Redirect Server section to allow adding History-Info
        headers.  [Issue: 24 ]

   12.  Added text around restrictions for Tel-URIs - i.e., no privacy
        or reason.  [Issues: 4, 12]

   13.  Updated text for forking - what goes in response.  [Issues:
        19,20]

I will respond and/or close the issues providing more detail as needed
over the next few days.

Please review and reply to the appropriate threads related to the
already open issues rather than opening new issues unless there is
something *really* new that is not related in any  way to the current
issues (which I don't think is possible due to the extent of the text
impacted by the round of changes for these issues).  And, please do
NOT open issues for editorial nits, which I'm sure have been
introduced with these changes despite my best efforts - either send a
list of nits in a single email to the mailing list or better yet to me
directly.

The diff is quite useful for re-reviewing the changes:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sipcore/draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis/draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-02-from-01.diff.html

Regards,
Mary.

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 7:00 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>