Subject: [sipcore] RFC 7621 on A Clarification on the Use of Globally Routable User Agent URIs (GRUUs) in the SIP Event Notification Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:28:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7621

        Title:      A Clarification on the Use 
                    of Globally Routable User Agent URIs 
                    (GRUUs) in the SIP Event Notification 
                    Framework 
        Author:     A.B. Roach
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 6891
        Updates:    RFC 6665

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-6665-clarification-00.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7621

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7621

Experience since the publication of the most recent SIP Events
framework (in July 2012) has shown that there is room for
interpretation around the use of Globally Routable User Agent URIs in
that specification.  This document clarifies the intended behavior.

This document updates RFC 6665.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC