Subject: [sipcore] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC8898 (6495)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 22:14:19 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8898,
"Third-Party Token-Based Authentication and Authorization for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6495

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: EungRok Lee <[email-masked]>

Section: 1.4.2

Original Text
-------------
   The registrar validates the access token.  If the access token is a
   reference token, the registrar MAY perform an introspection
   [RFC7662], as in steps [4] and [5], in order to obtain more
   information about the access token and its scope, per [RFC7662].
   Otherwise, after the registrar validates the token, it inspects its
   claims and acts upon it.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The registrar validates the access token.  If the access token is a
   reference token, the registrar MAY perform an introspection
   [RFC7662], as in steps [3] and [4], in order to obtain more
   information about the access token and its scope, per [RFC7662].
   Otherwise, after the registrar validates the token, it inspects its
   claims and acts upon it.

Notes
-----
As you can see figure 2, introspection is processed in steps [3] and [4].

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8898 (draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-token-authnz-17)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Third-Party Token-Based Authentication and Authorization for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Publication Date    : September 2020
Author(s)           : R. Shekh-Yusef, C. Holmberg, V. Pascual
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Session Initiation Protocol Core
Area                : Applications and Real-Time
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG