Subject: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4028bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 13:10:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Session Timers in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
        Authors         : Christer Holmberg
                          Steve Donovan
                          Jonathan Rosenberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4028bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2021-07-27

Abstract:
   This document defines an extension to the Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP).  This extension allows for a periodic refresh of SIP sessions
   through a re-INVITE or UPDATE request.  The refresh allows both user
   agents and proxies to determine whether the SIP session is still
   active.  The extension defines two new header fields: Session-
   Expires, which conveys the lifetime of the session, and Min-SE, which
   conveys the minimum allowed value for the session timer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4028bis/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4028bis-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4028bis-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 16:28:55 -0400

Christer,

IIUC this is just a copy of 4028 reformatted using current tools.
I presume this is just intended as a starting point for upcoming 
revisions. Do I have it right?

	Thanks,
	Paul

On 7/27/21 4:10 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> sipcore mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore
>

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 21:21:06 +0000

Hi,

>I presume this is just intended as a starting point for upcoming revisions. Do I have it right?

Correct. 

I actually wrote an e-mail about that when submitting the new version, but it seems it got stucked in my Drafts folder.

Regards,

Christer