Subject: [Sipping-tispan] TISPAN requirements, first requiements

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:34:35 +0300

Folks:

Since we are tasked to re-draft the TISPAN requirements adding as much 
clarifications as possible, we would like to start checking with you if 
the requirements related to the Annonymous Communication Rejection (ACR) 
service is OK and understandable by everyone.

So please take a look at the first version of the (much incomplete and 
short) draft in either text or HTML:

http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/pre/draft-jesske-sipping-tispan-requirements-02a.txt
http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/pre/draft-jesske-sipping-tispan-requirements-02a.html

The document is fairly short at the moment. Please post your comments here.

/Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
sip:[email-masked]
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland

_______________________________________________
Sipping-tispan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping-tispan

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:07:14 -0400

Regarding REQ-ACR-2:

>    REQ-ACR-2: It must be possible that authorized callers are not
>               subject to the ACR service, thus, allowing the callee to
>               receive anonymous requests from authorized callers.  This
>               effectively requires a mechanism to override the ACR
>               service depending on the identity and authorization of the
>               caller.  This is needed, e.g., when a police officer or
>               any other authority is anonymously calling to a user
>               having the ACR simulation service activated.

How is a caller authorized? Is the mechanism for determining and 
conveying this authorization in scope for this service? There is mention 
specifically of Police Officers, among others, as being authorized. Are 
there a list of attributes like that which must be used to characterize 
a caller and that are used to determine the authorization?

How is this affected by peering and PSTN interconnect? Is an 
authorization on one side to be conveyed to the other side and then 
trusted their?

	Thanks,
	Paul