Subject: [Sipping-tispan] requirements -02f

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:47:49 +0300

Hi:

I have added one more requirement, CDIV, to our draft.

Version 02f is available at:

http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/pre/draft-jesske-sipping-tispan-requirements-02f.html
http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/pre/draft-jesske-sipping-tispan-requirements-02f.txt

and diff version with respect -02e:

http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/pre/draft-jesske-sipping-tispan-requirements-02e-to-f.html

Besides CDIV, after some discussions during the last TISPAN meeting, we 
brought back a CCBS/CCNR requirement to know the status of the caller 
(now REQ-CCBS/CCNR-4). This is required to be able to resume a suspended 
CCBS/CCNR request.

I INVITE you to send comments.

BR,

       Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
sip:[email-masked]
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland

_______________________________________________
Sipping-tispan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping-tispan

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:59:39 -0400

>    REQ-CDIV-1: It must be possible that the caller is informed that a
>                communication is being diverted.

I can't understand what this is requiring. The fact that it must be 
possible to inform the caller does not say that the caller will in fact 
be informed. Is the decision about whether the caller is informed to be 
made by the caller or the callee, or somebody else?

>    REQ-CDIV-2: It must be possible for the diverting user to express his
>                privacy requirements with respect his identity.

Again, just because the user expressed requirements does not endure they 
will be honored. What is the real requirement?

>    REQ-CDIV-3: The reason of the redirection must be available to both
>                the caller and callee.

Is there a clear distinction between a redirection and a simple 
forwarding? Is there a list of the possible reasons? What if none of the 
possible reasons is applicable? What if the reason for forwarding is not 
known?

>    REQ-CDIV-4: The history of the communication must be available to
>                both the caller and callee.

Are you talking about History-Info? "history of the communication" could 
mean many things, including a complete log of all the media that were 
exchanged.

	Paul

P.S. It is getting increasingly frustrating to figure out why we must 
include a buggy whip holder in the design for our new car, and what the 
car must do when whipped in various ways.