Subject: [Sipping-tispan] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-rocky-sipping-override-barring-00.txt

From: Rocky Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 17:10:55 +0800

Hi, All,
    An initial draft is available now. It has collected some appoaches
for overriding barring services.
    Please kindly give your comments. And if you find some more
appoaches, please let me know.

Best regards,
Rocky Wang

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 2006年1月27日 4:50
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rocky-sipping-override-barring-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: A method to override the barring services
	Author(s)	: R. Wang
	Filename	: draft-rocky-sipping-override-barring-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2006-1-26
	
   The document collects some approaches used to implement the
   functionalities of Override Barring Services in Session Initial
   Protocol (SIP), and gives detailed description of service flows for
   each type of the functionalities. Some methods such as SAML, CPC,
   which is used to implement service, are also dealt with in the
   document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rocky-sipping-override-barring
-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rocky-sipping-override-barring-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-rocky-sipping-override-barring-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rocky-sipping-override-barring-00.txt
_______________________________________________
Sipping-tispan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping-tispan

---

From: Rocky Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:13:57 +0800

Hi, all,
   More background information about this draft is maybe useful for you
when you begin read it.

   In the last IETF meeting in Vancouver, I have submitted a draft to
implement the functionality to override barring service in use of an
extion header, P-CPC (See in
draft-rocky-sipping-calling-party-category-01) which is also mentioned
in this draft. Because more issues must be re-considered. A key one is
the security consideration because the called network server will not
always know whether the information is provided by a real calling
network server, or some other malformed attacker. This is a problem if
the network diagram is not decided. As experts sugestion, I tried to
search for an appoach in use of SAML.

   SAML can be used to convey a set of information, include the
authentication information and calling party features. There is team
researching on the deploy SAML in SIP (Ses in
draft-tschofenig-sip-saml-04.txt).

   I have collected some types of the functionalities to override
barring services. Maybe there are some more. Would you please tell me if
you know. And for listed types, there maybe some more typical appoaches.
I thank you too to receives more appoaches from you. Any comments are
welcome.

Best Regards,
Rocky Wang

> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Rocky Wang
> Sent: 2006年2月5日 17:11
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [Sipping-tispan] FW: 
> I-DACTION:draft-rocky-sipping-override-barring-00.txt
> 
> 
> Hi, All,
>     An initial draft is available now. It has collected some 
> appoaches for overriding barring services.
>     Please kindly give your comments. And if you find some 
> more appoaches, please let me know.
> 
> Best regards,
> Rocky Wang
> 
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line 
> Internet-Drafts directories.
> 
> 

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE