Subject: AW: AW: [Sipping-tispan] Parallel Ringing

From: "Alexeitsev, D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:10:41 +0100

Hello Dale

>this sounds exactly like SIP parallel forking.  Why would parallel
>forking have to be "activated"?

In my understanding forking alerts only the contacts of a single AOR. Parallel ringing would alert a group of AORs. This group needs to be created somehow offline (no SIP procedure to create a group of AORs for alerting). This creation of the PRNG group I called activation.

Greetings,
Denis

_______________________________________________
Sipping-tispan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping-tispan

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 10:12:08 -0500

Whether it is done via external means or not, it seems like this 
capability is *equivalent* to parallel forking. It *could* be achieved 
by defining a new AOR and REGISTERing to it, as contacts, the other AORs 
that are to be parallel forked.

	Paul