Subject: [Sipping] RE: draft-vemuri-sip-t-context-02 nits review

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:02:55 -0500

Thanks Steve, we'll get cracking on these. There will probably be one more
issue of this draft (a refresher before the end of August), but as far as I
know there aren't any substantial outstanding issues against the draft.

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Donovan [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 10:20 PM
To: Sipping (E-mail); 'Peterson, Jon'; [email-masked]'
Cc: Rakesh Shah
Subject: draft-vemuri-sip-t-context-02 nits review

The following comments are the result of my nits review of
draft-vemuri-sip-t-context-02.  These comments are truly nits.  

S2P9:

The following is included in the list of SIP end points:

"     c. Firewalls or edge-elements through which calls may enter the
      network from that of a peer network."

It is not clear that a firewall is a SIP end-point, as it is not originating
or terminating SIP transactions but rather is allowing them to pass through
or stopping them from passing through.  This might be better classified as a
gateway between networks.

S2P15:

The following:

"   Voice calls do not always have to originate and terminate in the PSTN
   (via MGCs). They may either originate and/or terminate in SIP phones."

might be better worded as:

"...(via MGCs).  They can also originate and terminate in SIP phones."

S3.1.2 Figure 3

The picture, as drawn, implies that the proxy is at the edge of the VoIP
network and the SIP-Phone is not a part of the VoIP network.  It might be
better to show the proxy in the middle of the VoIP network, as in Figure 2
and have the SIP-Phone at the edge, in the same way as the MGC is at the
edge.

S3.1.3 Figure 4

Same comment as for Figure 3.

S4dP2

The reference to the INFO method document should be updated to RFC2976.

References Section

There are a number of drafts mentioned in the body of the document that
should probably be included in the references section.

That's all I found...

Regards,

Steve

---
Steven R. Donovan
Architect                           dynamicsoft                         
mailto:[email-masked]     5100 Tennyson Parkway
sip:[email-masked]    Plano, Texas 75025
tel:+1-972-473-5469                 http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP