Subject: [Sipping] Transaction key

From: Marc Roelandt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 14:22:03 +0200

Hello,

in the draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-04 in section "10.46.6 Syntax" the
"via-branch = "branch" "=" token" is mentioned.
It is also mentioned how to compose this token.

...computed as a
   cryptographic hash of the To, From, Call-ID header fields, the
   Request-URI of the request received (before translation) and the
   sequence number from the CSeq header field.

In section "16.3 Proxy procedures for record routing a transaction" the
"transaction key" is mentioned.
Nowhere in the RFC I could find a definition of this "transaction key".

What is the definition of this  "transaction key" ?
Is there any relation between the "token" in section 10.46.6 and the
"transaction key" in section 16.3 ?

Marc Roelandt

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP