Subject: [Sipping] draft-petrie-sip-config-framework-01.txt

From: "Daniel G. Petrie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:14:37 -0500

This draft has just been submitted.  In the mean time
before it is available on the IETF site, you can get a
copy from:
http://www.pingtel.com/docs/draft-petrie-sip-config-framework-01.txt

This is a long over due update.  I appologize for the
delay and thank the folks who commented and
contributed to this update.

I welcome all constructive comments and encourage
folks to join the discussion group at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sip-config/

Cheers,
Dan

Abstract

   This document defines the application of a set of protocols for
   configuring a SIP user agent.  The SIP user agent must discover how
   and from where to retrieve its initial configuration and be notified
   of changes and updates which impact its configuration.  The
   objective is to define a means for automatically configuring a user
   agent such that it can be functional without user or administrative
   intervention.  The framework for discovery, delivery, notification
   and updates of user agent configuration is defined here.  This
   framework is also intended to ease ongoing administration,
   configuration and upgrading of large scale deployments of SIP user
   agents.  The contents and format of the configuration data to be
   defined is outside the scope of this document.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP