Subject: RE: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-isup-00.txt (WGLC reminder)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:26:59 -0500

Hi,

I have two questions on this draft, sipping-isup-00.

(1) In Section 8.1, it now provides an option regarding whether to carry
ISUP SUS/RES in SIP INFO or Re-INVITE.
Is the determination on which SIP message to use based on local policy of
the MGC receiving SUS?
In SIP bridging situations where there may be multiple MGCs/proxies
involved passing the SUS message, what happens if the local policy on this
at each MGC/Proxy differs? For example, is the following case allowed where
a MGC/proxy receiving INFO with SUS payload determines to use Re-INVITE
instead to carry SUS downstream?

(2) In PSTN, trunk group concept is used to identify the nature of the call
(e.g., local call, exchange access call or toll call) for communications
between switches (e.g., end office, access tandem, toll tandem). When not
using the trunk group concept, is there any support in SIP-T to specify
such nature of the inter-switch calls?

Thanks,
YoungSun

"Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]> on 11/19/2001 02:48:10 PM

To:   "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: Youngsun Song/Telcordia)
Subject:  RE: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-isup-00.txt (WGLC rem
      inder)

This is just a reminder for those interested in the ISUP to SIP work that
this draft (formerly known as draft-ietf-sip-isup-03.txt) is currently in a
Working Group last call that concludes November 22nd.

If you have any final comments on this draft, please get them to the
authors
before WGLC expires. Thanks.

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP