Subject: [Sipping] AT&T IPR Notices on SIP drafts

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:15:48 -0600

Please be advised of the following, posted at:

http://www.ietf.org/ietf/IPR/ATT-SIP:

-------------------------------------------

The following was received October 11, 2001
From: "Frost, Thomas F (Tom), ALCOO" <[email-masked]>

This declaration is being made pursuant to the provisions of IETF IPR
Policy, Sections 10.3.1 and 10.3.2.

This is to advise the IETF that AT&T believes it owns intellectual 
property including various pending patent applications that may relate 
to the following Internet Draft documents:

         draft-ietf-sip-privacy-xx
         draft-ietf-sip-call-auth-xx
         draft-ietf-sip-manyfolks-resource-xx
         draft-ietf-sip-state-xx
         draft-dcsgroup-sip-proxy-proxy-xx
         draft-dcsgroup-sip-architecture-xx
         draft-willis-sip-cookies-xx

To the extent that the technology discussed in any of these Internet 
Drafts becomes an IETF Standard, and to the extent claims of AT&T's 
patents are required to implement the IETF Standard, AT&T agrees that, 
upon written request, AT&T will offer, on a nondiscriminatory basis, 
non-exclusive licenses on fair and reasonable terms under such patent 
claims to implement that IETF Standard. AT&T's willingness to grant such 
licenses is conditioned upon the prospective licensee granting a 
reciprocal license to AT&T under any patents that the prospective 
licensee has to any technology required to implement that IETF Standard.

Written requests for licenses may be sent to:

AT&T Intellectual Property Licensing
Room 2E37, Bldg. 104
180 Park Avenue
Florham Park, NJ 07932

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:50:27 -0500

FWIW,
I can't find a draft with file name:
     draft-dcsgroup-sip-architecture-xx

There is a draft with file name:
     draft-dcsgroup-sip-arch-05.txt

Perhaps the IPR statement needs to be updated?

Chip

At 03:15 PM 11/29/2001, Dean Willis wrote:
>This is to advise the IETF that AT&T believes it owns intellectual property including various pending patent applications that may relate to the following Internet Draft documents:
>
>To the extent that the technology discussed in any of these Internet Drafts becomes an IETF Standard, and to the extent claims of AT&T's patents are required to implement the IETF Standard, AT&T agrees that, upon written request, AT&T will offer, on a nondiscriminatory basis, non-exclusive licenses on fair and reasonable terms under such patent claims to implement that IETF Standard. AT&T's willingness to grant such licenses is conditioned upon the prospective licensee granting a reciprocal license to AT&T under any patents that the prospective licensee has to any technology required to implement that IETF Standard.
>