Subject: [Sipping] ISUP draft: Referencing issues

From: "Drage, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:40:20 -0000

I note that the referencing within draft-ietf-sipping-isup-00.txt seems to
be broken (or has been overtaken by other events). 

The document refers to the existing SIP RFC (RFC2543). It also refers to the
100rel draft, which is about to get rolled into the 2543bis draft, and will
not be issued separately. Therefore these references need to be combined,
and the entire usage within the document therefore updated to correspond to
the 2543bis draft. 

The only alternative to this is to remove any dependency on the 100rel
draft.

Keith

Keith Drage
Lucent Technologies
Tel: +44 1793 776249
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:39:58 -0600

We discussed dependency of sipping-isup-00 on rfc2543bis yesterday at the
SIPPING WG meeting; if we are aiming for parity with the finished version of
bis there are a number of updates that need to be made (including updated
early dialog language/behavior).

The dependency on the disappearing 100rel draft definitely strengthens the
case that sipping-isup-00 depends on bis, and that this draft must therefore
wait for bis to complete. I think the consensus yesterday was that we would
wait for February (presumably after bis submission to IESG in mid-Jan) to
submit this draft to the IESG. In fact, that is the date that has been
listed on the SIPPING charter for sipping-isup-00 anyway.

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Drage, Keith (Keith) [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 9:40 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Sipping] ISUP draft: Referencing issues
> 
>