Subject: [Sipping] Belated summary of ENUM draft last call feedback.

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Dec 2001 11:27:24 -0600

Sorry this is not more timely; I really _thought_ I had sent it out
earlier, but I can find no evidence of it.

Here is a summary of the feedback I received on the last call of the
enum resolution draft. The last-called version was
draft-campbell-e164-00.txt. I have since submitted an updated draft with
the name draft-ietf-sipping-e164.00.txt as a result of this feedback. 

There has been significant additional feedback since the
resubmission--that feedback is _not_ included in this summary. Based on
this new feedback, I expect at least one more document update before the
draft is ready for last call again.

1) (Several people commented) Clean up normative language. Several items
were SHOULD when they should have been MUST.
Action: Clarify that, while a device may or may not use ENUM resolution,
if it chooses to do so, it MUST follow certain procedures.

2) Tel: URLs cannot appear in contact headers in INVITE/200sm but draft
mentions them.
Action: Corrected.

3) Introduction is too UA specific.
Action: Update intro to reference proxies as well.

4) Several comments on service field limitations, both agreeing and
arguing with draft.
Action: Clarify wording, but leave content as is.

5) Several reference point to obsolete documents.
Action: Update references.

6) Open issues are now irrelevant and should be removed.
Action: Removed them.

7) Document still has individual submission name and is expired.
Action: Rename and resubmit.

8) Several editorial comments.
Action: Several editorial correctrions.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP