Subject: [Sipping] Overlap in QSIG draft

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:24:48 +0200

Hello,

I have noticed that the SIP-QSIG draft describes how to use overlap
signalling in a SIP network.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-qsig2sip-00.txt

I believe that this draft should not describe overlap procedures. It
should reference the overlap mapping draft instead:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-overlap-04.txt

A short section explaining the differences between overlap in QSIG and
in ISUP (e.g., INFORMATION message instead of SAM) is OK, but I would
not like to see the whole overlap mapping explained here again. We have
gone thru some pain adding several considerations and motivational text
to the overlap draft so that we have rough consensus on it, and we do
not need to re-create that here again.

Thanks,

Gonzalo
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP