Subject: [Sipping] new I-D on the "grand unified theory of nat traversal"

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 01:24:52 -0500

Folks,

If you take a look at draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios, the general 
conclusoin you come to is "what a mess!". There are a million different 
solutions, and some of them work in some cases some times. There is no 
unifying mechanism which works very well in almost all of the cases. I 
have been working on a methodology for integrating the various pieces 
into a semi-coherent story about what clients need to do in order to 
handle a wide variety of situations. I have written it up, and submitted 
as an I-D. Until it appears in the archives, you can pick it up at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-sipping-ice-00.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-sipping-ice-00.html

Its called Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE). Its a bit rough 
around the edges, and needs a lot more examples and use cases, but 
hopefully you will get the idea.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP