Subject: Re: [Sipping] Overlap in QSIG draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:02:09 EST

In a message dated 2/26/2003 8:07:06 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> I have noticed that the SIP-QSIG draft describes how to use overlap
> signalling in a SIP network.
> 
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-qsig2sip-00.txt
> 
> I believe that this draft should not describe overlap procedures. It
> should reference the overlap mapping draft instead:
> 
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-overlap-04.txt
> 

In a message dated 2/26/2003 8:17:56 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> the last version of the draft (which was released two or three weeks
> ago) will be presented to the IESG shortly. I believe that we have
> addressed all the issues that were raised... the document could be
> approved in a reasonably short period of time. 
> 

For the record, while I agree that the QSIG draft should reference rather 
then repeat what is specified elsewhere, I do not believe that all the issues 
that have been raised concerning the overlap draft have been addressed or 
resolved. I have commented extensively on that draft, and I believe that many 
of those comments have been ignored. If these issues are not addressed, I am 
sure that others (existing network operators) will specify that interworking 
with the PSTN must be done according to Q.1912.SIP, which is currently being 
developed by ITU-T SG11.

Mike Pierce
Artel

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:03:23 +0200

Mike,

>For the record, while I agree that the QSIG draft should reference 
>rather then repeat what is specified elsewhere, I do not believe
>that all the issues that have been raised concerning the overlap draft 
>have been addressed or resolved. I have commented
>extensively on that draft, and I believe that many of those comments 
>have been ignored. If these issues are not addressed, I am
>sure that others (existing network operators) will specify that 
>interworking with the PSTN must be done according to Q.1912.SIP,
>which is currently being developed by ITU-T SG11. 

Jon wrote you a note the other day explaining in which points we agreed
with you and in which ones we did not (and why). We have discussed the
same issues several times and explained you why we cannot specify some
of the things you proposed. I do not think we need to discuss them again
now.

Gonzalo
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP