Subject: [Sipping] dynamic payload type

From: "Veda Hegde" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:50:32 -0800

Hi:
Section 8.3.2 in RFC 3264 gives an example about the dynamic RTP map.
 
========================================================================
================
However, in the case of RTP, the mapping from a particular dynamic
payload type
number to a particular codec within that media stream MUST NOT change
for the 
duration of a session.  For example, if A generates an offer with G.711
assigned 
to dynamic payload type number 46, payload type number 46 MUST refer to
G.711 from 
that point forward in any offers or answers for that media stream within
the session.  
However, it is acceptable for multiple payload type numbers to be mapped
to the same
codec, so that an updated offer could also use payload type number 72
for G.711.
========================================================================
=================

Is it allowed to use 46 for G.723 in the next m line?  
 
Thanks,
Veda