Subject: [Sipping] Expert review for draft-burger-sipping-netann-04.txt

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:39:56 +0200

Folks,

We would like the SIPPING working group to provide expert review of:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-sipping-netann-04.txt

The authors have requested individual publication of this document. 
Expert Review will close on March 10th, 2003

Thanks,

Gonzalo
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:52:31 +0200

Hi,

Some after-having-a-first-look-at-the-draft comments.

1.

The 487 Request Terminated response code is used after the announcement
has been played. There is already a discussion about this on the list, but
I also think it is an issue. I don't know which code would be better to
use, but RFC3261 does say that 487 is sent only when the request has been
terminated by CANCEL, and I am not sure I agree on the "implicit CANCEL"
thing... So, I think we should use another code. Either we come up with a
new one, or we use whatever existing (does it really matter that much
which code we use?).

2.

Chapter 3 says that 183, with SDP shall be sent, to enable early media. I
think it shall be said that 183 must be sent RELIABLE (using 100rel), if
the SDP is to provide some functionality.

3.

I don't like the "early" URI parameter. We should have a GENERIC early
media mechanism for SIP, and not come up with solutions for specific
applications.

Also, the UAC may not even know it will contact a media server. It may
send a "normal" SIP-URI, which is converted by a proxy into a ANNC-URL.
How does the proxy know if the UAC support early media or not?

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland