Subject: [Sipping] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-belinchon-aaa-diameter-mm-app-00.txt]

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:47:42 -0500

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-belinchon-aaa-diameter-mm-app-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 06:43:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Diameter Multimedia Application
	Author(s)	: M. Belinchon et al.
	Filename	: draft-belinchon-aaa-diameter-mm-app-00.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 2003-2-21
	
This document specifies a Diameter application that supports the
authentication, authorization, and collection of accounting
information for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) services rendered
to a client node.  This application, combined with the base Diameter
protocol and appropriate SIP extensions, allows SIP User Agents (UAs)
to obtain services from SIP servers that are connected to a Diameter
infrastructure.  When combined with the Inter-Domain capability of
the base protocol, service may even be obtained from SIP servers that
belong to foreign domains, as would be encountered by roaming mobile
nodes.
Note that the specification defined here may be used independently of
the authentication technique used for authenticating a node's link
layer or network-layer access.  In particular, we do not require the
client node to be authenticated for access with the use of either the
Mobile IP [3] or NASREQ [11] Diameter application.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-belinchon-aaa-diameter-mm-app-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-belinchon-aaa-diameter-mm-app-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-belinchon-aaa-diameter-mm-app-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.