Subject: [Sipping] Updated Version of MSCML

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 14:54:19 -0500

Until it hits the archive:

http://flyingfox.snowshore.com/i-d/sip/draft-vandyke-mscml-01.html
http://flyingfox.snowshore.com/i-d/sip/draft-vandyke-mscml-01.txt
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Garland Sharratt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:58:39 -0800

Eric:

I took a look at draft-vandyke-mscml-01 and saw no substantive changes.

MSCML isn't perfect but my only real concern with it (both 01 and 00) is
the fact that SnowShore has claimed IPR on it.  This doesn't work for an
interface that is supposed to be -- and otherwise likely would be --
adopted by all call agent and media server vendors who need its type of
media server control.

I did notice that the following paragraph in 00 --

   "The IETF has been notified of intellectual property rights claimed
in regard to some or all of the specification contained in this
document.  For more information consult the online list of claimed
rights."

-- has been removed in 01.  But the SnowShore notice on the IETF Page of
Intellectual Property Rights Notices is still present ("SnowShore Patent
Statement pertaining to draft-vandyke-mscml").

Is there any chance of getting MSCML released into the public domain so
that it can be widely and safely adopted by everyone?

Thanks,

Garland

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Eric Burger
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 11:54
To: Sipping (E-mail)
Subject: [Sipping] Updated Version of MSCML