Subject: [Sipping] DTMF: Why Not A New Method?

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:53:15 -0500

Chris Boulton writes:
> By defining a new METHOD, all of these discussions go away.

Excellent point.

I have raised some very concrete and technical problems with the
use of both implicit subscriptions and MESSAGE.

The sole expressed objection to using a new method has been a
rather indistinct and wishy-washy, "that seems too specialized."

Can anyone express something more than an extremely vague
sense of unease with using a new method?

If not, can we *please* move along in the most obvious direction
which has no outstanding technical objections?

/a

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:18:35 -0400

> which has no outstanding technical objections?

I have no technical objections to this.

IMO it is as if we have a truck for carrying apples, and have decided we 
need a different truck to carry oranges.

	Paul