Subject: [Sipping] New ID for Location Conveyance in SIP

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:03:15 -0500

There has been an Internet Draft posted for the conveyance of location of a 
UAC within a SIP message. Part of the requirements within this ID are 
included for the location information to be placed in a message body 
providing adherence to Geopriv's privacy and security concerns are 
addressed. Part of the requirements are calling for an extension to SIP to 
create a Location Header (or headers) when proper call routing requires 
knowledge of where the UAC is.

The following is the document's abstract"

Abstract

    This document presents the requirements for an extension to the
    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) [1] for conveyance of user
    location information from one Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
    User Agent to another SIP User Agent. The idea that in some cases
    the UAC's location could affect proper routing of the SIP message
    is explored as well.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-sipping-location-requirements-00.txt

comments are encouraged

cheers,
James

                                *******************
                    The answer is "42", what's the question?

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP