Subject: [Sipping] sec-inserted

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 19:57:55 +0200

Hi,

Regarding the sec-inserted draft, I'm not especially fond of the token 
name "aiihb".  I like the idea of creating a new Content-Disposition 
type for protecting intermediary SIP content, but I would like to use a 
different name and make the mechanism a bit more generic. Specifically, 
I don't see any reason to restrict the intermediary content to 
identities.  Maybe this is just a "proxy asserted sipfrag" or "pas".

A proxy could then assert that it was responsible for a particular 
sipfrag, or that it can authenticate parts of the sipfrag?  the real 
question is what are the semantics on the body.  Does a proxy put in 
only stuff it added?  obviously not, because it needs to include 
headers that tie the body to the message for replay prevention.  What 
existing stuff does it include?  For headers with multiple header field 
values can it just include one?  (probably a good idea if we ever do 
this for Via.)

these are the questions I want to explore.

thanks,
-rohan

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP