Subject: [Sipping] Question on pick-up in service-examples-04

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:41:20 +0100

Can anyone explain something to me in section 2.16 (call pick-up)?

In F7, the Request-URI is the contact URI for Alice:
[email-masked]

It is not clear how Carol's UA receives this contact address. F5 from Bob to
Carol provides only the AoR: [email-masked].

I believe it is important to use the contact URI in F7 to avoid the case
where the INVITE request reaches the wrong UA at Alice. This is particularly
true when Alice is in a legacy network - the contact address might help
selection of the correct gateway.

John ([email-masked])

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:59:21 -0500

John,

You are correct - the NOTIFY F5 does not show the Contact URI.  It should 
have been shown in a Remote Target tag.  However, this tag is listed as 
optional in the dialog package - I'm not sure why as it is useful in a 
number of situations.

I agree that it is important to use the Contact URI in this flow.

Thanks,
Alan Johnston
MCI

At 09:41 AM 7/10/2003 +0100, Elwell, John wrote:

>It is not clear how Carol's UA receives this contact address. F5 from Bob 
>to Carol provides only the AoR: [email-masked].
>
>where the INVITE request reaches the wrong UA at Alice. This is 
>particularly true when Alice is in a legacy network - the contact address 
>might help selection of the correct gateway.
>

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP