Subject: [Sipping] RE: Request for comments on new SIP media server interface drafts: MSML, MOML

From: "Garland Sharratt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:33:00 -0700

A number of people have asked for further information on MSML/MOML and their
background.

To address this we have released a white paper document describing the
rationale for the creation of MSML and MOML and giving a high-level
description of the functionality they offer:

   http://www.convedia.com/PDFs/Whitepaper_MSML_MOML_v1.pdf

Regards,

Garland

-----Original Message-----
From: Garland Sharratt [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 21:15
To: Sipping@Ietf. Org
Subject: Request for comments on new SIP media server interface drafts:
MSML, MOML

Convedia has just released two Internet Drafts that together define a
powerful, general purpose, and extensible SIP-based control interface for IP
media servers.  Convedia is releasing these drafts into the public domain
with no intellectual property rights (IPR) claims.

   Media Sessions Markup Language (MSML):
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melanchuk-sipping-msml-00.txt

   Media Objects Markup Language (MOML):
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melanchuk-sipping-moml-00.txt

MSML/MOML is the next step beyond the popular Netann draft, and allows media
servers to support functionality on SIP that previously could only be
accomplished with MGCP, including advanced (also known as business,
moderated, or event) conferencing and unscripted (also known as
tightly-coupled) IVR.

MSML/MOML is a simple addition to SIP and makes use of XML content in the
message bodies of SIP INVITE and INFO requests, without modifying the SIP
protocol in any way.  MSML/MOML is independent of the underlying transport
mechanism so that it can easily be moved from SIP INFO to alternative
mid-call mechanisms in the future.

Convedia welcomes and seeks input and feedback from all interested parties,
including service providers, vendors of softswitches and application servers
that use media servers in their solutions, and other media server vendors.

______________________________________________________________________
  Garland Sharratt                   Convedia
  VP, Bus. Dev. & Chief Architect    4190 Still Creek Dr., Suite 300
  [email-masked]             Vancouver, BC, Canada  V5C 6C6
  Tel: +1.604.918.6393               Fax: +1.604.918.6400
  Mob: +1.604.657.1880               Web: www.convedia.com
______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP