Subject: [Sipping] Update to dialog package

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 14:26:53 -0400

Folks,

You may have noticed that I submitted an update to the dialog event 
package:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sipping-dialog-package-02.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sipping-dialog-package-02.html
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-dialog-package-02.txt

The following changes were made between this and the previous version:

* state agents are now allowed

* checked the schema against the Schema Quality Checker (SQC) and 
fixed some problems. One of them is, AFAICT, there is no way to define 
a new type which is a restriction of string by enumeration, but which 
can also have attributes. As a result, the type definition for the 
state element does not enumerate the contents of the element. They are 
restricted by the spec, not by the schema.

* Registered the schema with IANA

* minor typos and clarifications suggested in comments during wglc

Really, the only open issue is whether we want to include some 
additional information, like the stuff suggested in Sean's draft, into 
the main dialog package, or not. I don't really have a strong opinion 
on it. On the one hand, it would be nice to declare this finished and 
move on. On the other hand, why bother having two documents when we 
know we want both capabilities anyway?

Comments and thoughts welcome.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP