Subject: [Sipping] Update to TURN

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:05:55 -0400

Folks,

I submitted an update to TURN. I havent seen it announced, but you can 
pick it up at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-midcom-turn-02.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-midcom-turn-02.html

There was only one change between this revision and the previous. The 
change is that I added a "MORE-AVAILABLE" attribute. The idea here is 
that in some cases, like enterprise, the TURN server is not on the 
public Internet. It may, in fact, have multiple addresses in different 
realms. In an enterprise, it would have a private address and also the 
public address on the public side of the enterprise NAT. So, when a 
client sends an allocate reuqest, the server really needs to provide 
it TWO bindings - one on its public address, and another on its private.

In this rev, the server can do that. When an Allocate Request arrives 
from the client, it allocates one address, pre-allocates the others, 
and informs the client, using the MORE-AVAILABLE attribute, that 
others have been pre-allocated. The client then issues additional 
Allocate Requests, asking for the pre-allocated addresses in the 
TRANSPORT-PREFERENCES attribute.

Comments and questions welcome.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP