Subject: [Sipping] Update to app-interaction framework

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 11:34:49 -0400

Folks,

You may have noticed that I posted an update to the app-interaction 
framework. You can pick up the draft at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-app-interaction-framework-00.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-sipping-app-interaction-framework-01.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-sipping-app-interaction-framework-01.html

The draft has been substantially slimmed down since the last rev. 
Thats because the team decided to descope the draft a little, and in 
particular, rule the stuff on client-remote feature interaction out of 
scope. While I think that the topic is an important one, it requires a 
LOT more work, much more than the rest of the framework. Since, for 
now, what people really need is a standard way to do basic 
single-application stimulus, and in particular, dtmf, we want to make 
progress on that bit.

Other changes:

* mention the use of SIP MESSAGE for conveying the DTMF for "one shot" 
  markups, such as KPML (more on that in a separate note)

* removed the bit about using a client-local KPML along with a 
client-remote VXML to achieve zero latency barge-in. This feature was 
cool, but required some ugly RTP hacks, and also went against the 
simplified model we went for with KPML - that its ideal for "one shot" 
reports of a single keypress, or for continous monitoring.

Comments and questions welcome.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP