Subject: [Sipping] Protocol Action: ISUP to SIP Mapping to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:34:27 -0400

The IESG has approved publication of the following Internet-Drafts as
 Proposed Standards:

 o Mapping of ISUP Overlap Signaling to the Session Initiation
     Protocol <draft-ietf-sipping-overlap-04.txt>

 This document is the product of the Session Initiation Proposal
 Investigation Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Allison
 Mankin and Scott Bradner.

 Technical Summary

 The "ISUP to SIP Mapping" document takes into consideration ISUP  
 en-bloc signalling, which means sending the complete telephone
 number of the callee in the first signalling message. Although modern
 switches always use en-bloc signalling, some parts of the PSTN still 
 use overlap signalling, and this is the subject of the second document,
 "Mapping of ISUP Overlap Signaling to the Session Initial Protocol." 
 Overlap signalling consists of sending just some digits
 of the callee's number in the first signalling message. 
 Further digits are sent in subsequent signalling messages. 

 Working Group Summary

 The current version of the document reflects the issues raised during 
 the IETF Last Call.

 Protocol Quality

   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Allison Mankin.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP