Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-jennings-sipping-certs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:51:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Certificate Discover for SIP
	Author(s)	: C. Jennings
	Filename	: draft-jennings-sipping-certs-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-7-1
	
This draft describes a scheme in which a SIP user agent can create
self signed certificate for use with the SIP S/MIME mechanism and can
store the certificate on a web server associated with the address of
record (AOR) for the user. Other user agents that want to call that
AOR can retrieve these certificates from the web server.
The result of this system is that, with no extra expense or effort
for the end user, it is possible to have a reasonable degree of
confidence about the identities of the parties in a SIP session.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jennings-sipping-certs-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jennings-sipping-certs-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jennings-sipping-certs-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.