Subject: [Sipping] Security drafts being discussed in SIP & SIPPING (Wed./Thursday)

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:26:28 -0500

Hi all,

As Rohan mentioned in the SIPPING session on Monday nite, there will be some
discussion of middle-to-end and end-to-middle security during the remaining
SIP and SIPPING sessions this week. On Wednesday morning in the SIP WG
session, along with the History Info solution draft, I'll be discussing the
related security solution draft put forth to provide a general mechanism for
securing the headers inserted by intermediaries,
draft-barnes-sipping-sec-inserted-info-00.txt.  On Thursday, there will be a
discussion of the draft-ono-sipping-end2middle-security-00 which describes a
method of achieving end-to-middle security, allowing a SIP UA to disclose
message data to selected intermediaries and protect the data from being seen
by other intermediaries. There's not been any discussion of these drafts on
the mailing list, so this is just a reminder to facilitate the discussions
this morning and Thursday and hopefully solicit some feedback on these
proposals.  

Here's the links:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barnes-sipping-sec-inserted-info-0
0.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ono-sipping-end2middle-security-00
.txt

Regards,
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP