Subject: [Sipping] draft-hilt-sipping-session-policy-00

From: Volker Hilt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:03:02 -0400

We have submitted the drafts draft-hilt-sipping-session-spec-policy-00
and draft-hilt-sipping-session-indep-policy-00. Until they are available
in the I-D archive, you can download them from:

http://drafts.mhof.com/draft-hilt-sipping-session-indep-policy-00.txt
http://drafts.mhof.com/draft-hilt-sipping-session-spec-policy-00.txt

Thanks,

Volker

-----------
Session Initiation Proposal                                      V. Hilt
Investigation Working Group                Bell Labs/Lucent Technologies
Internet-Draft                                              J. Rosenberg
Expires: April 18, 2004                                      dynamicsoft
                                                         October 19, 2003

  A Framework for Session-Specific Intermediary Session Policies in SIP
                draft-hilt-sipping-session-spec-policy-00

Abstract

    Proxy servers play a central role as an intermediary in the
    establishment of sessions in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
    In that role, they define and impact policies on call routing,
    rendezvous, and other call features. However, there is currently no
    standard means by which network elements can have any influence on
    session policies, such as the codecs that are to be used. In this
    document, we propose a complete and standards-based framework that
    enables intermediaries to request the use of policies in a SIP
    session.

-----------
Session Initiation Proposal                                      V. Hilt
Investigation Working Group                Bell Labs/Lucent Technologies
Internet-Draft                                              G. Camarillo
Expires: April 18, 2004                                         Ericsson
                                                             J. Rosenberg
                                                              dynamicsoft
                                                         October 19, 2003

   A Framework for Session-Independent Intermediary Session Policies in
                                   SIP
                draft-hilt-sipping-session-indep-policy-00

Abstract

    Domains may have policies in place that impact the way sessions are
    established by user agents. Some of these policies are independent of
    a specific session and need to be considered for a certain period of
    time. It is therefore desirable to convey these policies to user
    agents once they become active instead of requesting them for every
    session. In this document, we propose a framework that enables user
    agents to subscribe to session policies.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP