Subject: [Sipping] New Location Conveyance ID posted

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:55:58 -0500

All

Brian Rosen and I have updated the Location Conveyance ID. It can be found at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-sipping-location-requirements-01.txt

The Abstract is as follows:

    This document presents the framework and requirements for an
    extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for
    conveyance of user location information from a Session Initiation
    Protocol (SIP) user agent to another SIP entity.  We consider cases
    where location information is conveyed from end to end, as well as
    cases where message routing by intermediaries is influenced by the
    location of the session initiator.

There are a number of open issues listed near the end of the document that 
need to be addressed

Comments are appreciated

cheers,
James

                                *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP