Subject: [Sipping] Updated NAT scenarios document

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:23:21 -0500

Folks,

I've submitted an update to the NAT scenarios specification. This 
change represents a total rewrite to be based entirely on ICE, rather 
than presenting the hodge-podge of solutions that were in the previous 
version. Due to the scope of this change, I submitted as an individual 
I-D. It should appear in the archives shortly. Until it does, you can 
pick up a copy at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-sipping-nat-scenarios-01.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-sipping-nat-scenarios-01.html

Much of the content in this document comes from the back of the 
previous ICE specification, which included many example flows. The 
call flows for the enterprise cases have been updated. In particular, 
an inter-enterprise case is now shown, where two relays are involved - 
one in each enterprise. This is accomplished through a new feature I 
added into TURN, which is a Send primitive for relaying a packet 
through a TURN server.

The examples also show a network topology for an "advanced enterprise" 
which makes use of two relays - one inside, and one outside, of the 
nat/firewall. Such a configuration has some security benefits and 
avoids the need for any configuration on the nat/fw. Call flows have 
yet to be added for this case though.

Gonzalo also contributed some examples on how ICE facilitates v4/v6 
transition, and those are included as well.

Comments and questions welcome.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP