Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:39:47 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Framework for SIP User Agent Configuration
	Author(s)	: D. Petrie
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2003-10-27
	
This document defines the application of a set of protocols for 
configuring a SIP user agent.  The SIP user agent must discover how 
and from where to retrieve its initial configuration and be notified 
of changes and updates which impact its configuration.  The 
objective is to define a means for automatically configuring a user 
agent such that it can be functional without user or administrative 
intervention.  The framework for discovery, delivery, notification 
and updates of user agent configuration is defined here.  This 
framework is also intended to ease ongoing administration, 
configuration and upgrading of large scale deployments of SIP user 
agents.  The contents and format of the configuration data to be 
defined is outside the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.