Subject: [Sipping] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-taylor-sipping-emerg-scen-00.txt]

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 11:04:00 -0400

This is a long-overdue action, interrupted in the preparation by vacation and other 
urgent matters.  You might want to look it over to see if there are actions for 
SIPPING other than my suggested location header field (which I believe Jon Peterson 
has already started to define).

I missed Dick Knight <[email-masked]> in my acknowledgements.  My apologies 
to him: he helped to obtain information on the provision of emergency services in 
the UK.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-taylor-sipping-emerg-scen-00.txt
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 07:35:46 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP Emergency Assistance Scenarios
	Author(s)	: T. Taylor
	Filename	: draft-taylor-sipping-emerg-scen-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2003-10-1
	
This document examines the scenarios within which SIP phones may be
used to contact emergency call centres.  Beginning with an overview
of the high level system requirements for contacting emergency call
centres in the PSTN, the scenarios involving stationary or nomadic
SIP phones are described and then alternative strategies for
supporting the information flows for the scenarios needed to meet
these requirements are examined.  The major finding from the point
of view of SIP standardization is it would be helpful in a number of
scenarios if a location header field could be added either by the
SIP phone or by a proxy to indicate the location of the phone in a
machine-readable way.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-taylor-sipping-emerg-scen-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-taylor-sipping-emerg-scen-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

...

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 10:41:23 -0500

At 11:04 AM 10/7/2003 -0400, Tom Taylor wrote:
>This is a long-overdue action, interrupted in the preparation by vacation 
>and other urgent matters.  You might want to look it over to see if there 
>are actions for SIPPING other than my suggested location header field 
>(which I believe Jon Peterson has already started to define).

Tom

Have you seen:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-sipping-location-requirements-00.txt
which defines a location header already?

>I missed Dick Knight <[email-masked]> in my acknowledgements.  My 
>apologies to him: he helped to obtain information on the provision of 
>emergency services in the UK.
>

cheers,
James

                                *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented