Subject: [Sipping] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-sinnreich-sipdev-req-02.txt

From: Henry Sinnreich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:40:16 -0500

> On page 10 of the draft you reference FXS port; 
> wouldn't that actually be FXO port to support FXS devices?

Good catch. Thanks and we will edit.

Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: Brierre, Jean Joseph [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 3:31 PM
To: [email-masked]'; Sinnreich, Heinrich 
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-sinnreich-sipdev-req-02.txt

Henry,

Would it be preferential if SIP requirement 7 says mwi from message store
application versus just voicemail since you are also asking for simple
support from client?

On page 10 of the draft you reference FXS port; wouldn't that actually be
FXO port to support FXS devices?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 2:30 PM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sinnreich-sipdev-req-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: SIP Telephony Device Requirements, Configuration
and Data
	Filename	: draft-sinnreich-sipdev-req-02.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 2003-10-16
	
This informational I-D describes the requirements for SIP Telephony 
devices, based on the deployment experience of large numbers of SIP 
phones and PC clients using different implementations. The document 
reviews the generic requirements for SIP telephony devices, the 
automatic device configuration process, the device configuration data 
and examples for XML configuration data formats. 
SIP telephony devices are highly complex IP endpoints that speak many 
Internet protocols, have text, audio and visual interfaces, various 
input modes, and require functionality targeted at several 
constituencies: (1) End users, (2) service providers and network 
administrators and (3) manufacturers and system integrators. 
The objectives of the requirements are a minimum set of 
interoperability and multi-vendor supported core features, so as to 
enable similar ease of purchase, installation and operation as found 
for standard PCs, analog feature phones or mobile phones.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-sipdev-req-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sinnreich-sipdev-req-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-sipdev-req-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Brierre, Jean Joseph" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:30:56 +0000

Henry,

-----Original Message-----

	

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type: