Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-3pcc-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 09:22:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation
Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Best Current Practices for Third Party Call
                          Control in the Session Initiation Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, J. Peterson, H. Schulzrinne, 
                          G. Camarillo
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-3pcc-06.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2004-1-6
	
Third party call control refers to the ability of one entity to create
a call in which communications is actually between other parties. Third
party call control is possible using the mechanisms specified within
the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). However, there are several
possible approaches, each with different benefits and drawbacks. This
document discusses best current practices for the usage of the SIP for
third party call control.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-3pcc-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-3pcc-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-3pcc-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.