Subject: [Sipping] Case-sensitivty of the branch parameter

From: Szelényi Csaba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:04:38 +0100

Hi All,

It seems to me, that the branch parameter is case-sensitive (the magic cookie contains upper and lower case characters). I could find only the following paragraph regarding the case-sensitivity of the branch parameter in rfc3261:

7.3.1 Header Field Format
...
   When comparing header fields, field names are always case-
   insensitive.  Unless otherwise stated in the definition of a
   particular header field, field values, parameter names, and parameter
   values are case-insensitive.  Tokens are always case-insensitive.
   Unless specified otherwise, values expressed as quoted strings are
   case-sensitive.  For example,

Neither chapter 8.1.1.7, nor chapter 20.42 states anything regarding the case-sensitivity of branch. So, according to rfc3261, the branch is case insensitive! 

Is the Via branch parameter case sensitive?

Thank you very much in anticipation for any input regarding this topic!

Regards,
Csaba

Szelényi Csaba
T-Systems RIC
mailto:[email-masked]
+36 1 456 5507
+36 20 477 7778

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP