Subject: [Sipping] Re: draft-ietf-sipping-uri-list-message-01

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:12:24 -0500

Gonzalo,

One small point:

When the list server generates the recipient-list in the outbound 
messages, I think it should be specifying:

	Content-Disposition: recipient-list;handling=optional

This way a recipient that doesn't understand this part will be free to 
ignore it. As currently specified, since it isn't specified, the 
handling defaults to required, and a well behaved mime processor should 
consider it an error if it doesn't understand what to do with it.

	Paul

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:48:05 -0500

Oops! One more thing - maybe more significant:

You are overloading the recipient-list semantics - to the list server is 
specifies who to send the message to, while to the ultimate recipient it 
identifies who the message *was* sent to. But what happens if one of the 
recipients happens to be a message list server? Nothing good.

To solve this you could use a different content-disposition type, or you 
might consider introducing parameters to the recipient-list 
content-disposition to distinguish these uses. The simplest might be to 
simply use content-disposition of "render", while continuing to use the 
application/resource-lists+xml content-type.

(The need for handling=optional remains.)

	Paul

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:02:10 +0200

Paul,

you are right. We will fix it.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo         Phone :  +358  9 299 33 71
Oy L M Ericsson Ab        Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
Telecom R&D               Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
FIN-02420 Jorvas          Email :  [email-masked]
Finland                   http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:03:38 +0200

Paul,

yes, we will use a different content disposition.

Thanks for all your comments,

Gonzalo

Paul Kyzivat wrote:

>> handling defaults to required, and a well behaved mime processor 
>> should consider it an error if it doesn't understand what to do with it.
>>
>>     Paul
>>
>>