Subject: [Sipping] session-policy-req-02

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:14:59 -0800

The draft says ...

   REQ-POL-11: The solution should allow proxies to request that Quality
      of Service (QoS) should be requested for a stream.
   REQ-POL-12: The solution should allow proxies to ask endpoints to use
      specific parameters in their QoS reservations.
   REQ-POL-13: The solution should allow proxies to ask endpoints to
      provide a specific credential in their QoS requests.  This
      requirement covers the functionality currently described in [9].

I agree with these but think we should get more specific about what we mean
here. I assume we mean DSCP values for one. Do we mean something specific
for RSVP? 

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: David R Oran <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 11:09:56 -0500

On Nov 5, 2004, at 12:14 PM, Cullen Jennings wrote:

> here. I assume we mean DSCP values for one.
No, I think it means the same thing as it would in the RFC3312. How the 
endpoint maps the policy to specific QoS parameters is sort of related 
to POL-12, which probably ought to get slightly restated to 
"...endpoints to use specific QoS mechanisms (e.g. Diffserv, Intserv) 
with mechanism-specific parameters (e.g. PHB for diffserv, TSPEC for 
intserv).

> Do we mean something specific
> for RSVP?
>
>
>
>
David R. Oran
Cisco Fellow
Cisco Systems
7 Ladyslipper Lane
Acton, MA 01720 USA
Tel: +1 978 264 2048
Email: [email-masked]