Subject: [Sipping] Changes in sipping-conference-package-06 and whisper

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 13:59:16 -0500

Section 6.1.6.8 Whisper URI stuff.

I sort of looks like this has been added since the 05 version but it's not
mentioned in the changes since 05 section. I don't remember any mailing list
discussion on whisper getting added in other that someone  pointing out the
privacy aspects are broken but perhaps I missed it. What's going on here -
this does not seem right for a WG document to slip in on the final copy that
get WGLC. 

On a note on the actual merit of the whisper stuff, I don't know how it
would work, it is totally underspecified, there are no security
considerations to it, and it is definitely not ready for WGLC.

I notice that "locked" seems to have just slipped in too. How many other
things changed? I don't think that the locked concept is synced up with CPCP
and it seems like it needs to be. I like the locked concept -  it is simple
and useful but we need to figure out how it interacts with the policy stuff.

Cullen

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP