Subject: [Sipping] multiple-refer-01

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:06:08 -0800

I think I might be confused about how normal refer works. If B has an invite
dialog with C. And A knows about this dialog (perhaps A is subscribed to
dialog or conference package on B). I don't think that A can send a refer to
B that gets it to send a BYE to C. You would need to put the rest of the
dialog information (to/from tag, call id) in refer somehow. I think Sean and
Rohan had some work on this.

Anyways, I don't get how the example in the draft will work.

Cullen

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:44:13 +0200

> Anyways, I don't get how the example in the draft will work.

Presumably the focus has a table that maps AORs with existing dialogs. 
If a SIP UA, using a particular AOR has only a single dialog with the 
focus, then the focus is able to send any SIP request to that 
participant. If the participant uses a single AOR from different SIP 
UAs, then the focus will send send a BYE to each of them.

Further more, if this is a problem, it is affecting also CPCP, where you 
can do the same sort of things based on an AOR.

I think we can add some more text indicating this case where a 
participant might have joined the conference from different SIP UAs.

> Cullen

   Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:52:32 +0200

Cullen,

how to remove a participant from a conference using REFER is normatively 
defined in Section 4.11 of the following document:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-cc-conferencing-05.txt

"The requestor does not need to know the dialog information about the
    dialog between the focus and the participant who will be removed -
    the focus knows this information and fills it when it generates the
    BYE request."

The multiple-refer document only references such a case as an example.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo         Phone :  +358  9 299 33 71
Oy L M Ericsson Ab        Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
Telecom R&D               Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
FIN-02420 Jorvas          Email :  [email-masked]
Finland                   http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo