Subject: [Sipping] Re: draft-anil-sipping-bla-02

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:22:29 -0400

The call flows in this draft may not work if the devices that are 
registering are behind a NAT. In that case when the state agent attempts 
to subscribe to the dialog event package, using the contacts learned 
from the reg event package, those subscriptions will fail because the 
contact address is unreachable.

There are a variety of means by which the addressabilty can be solved 
between the device, the registrar, and its proxy. But those in general 
don't help anybody else. That is why GRUU was invented. If the 
registering devices request a GRUU when registering, then the GRUU 
serves as a way for a request to be addressed so it will reach the 
device. But that won't help the state agent, because it currently has no 
way to get the gruu.

I have a draft (draft-kyzivat-sipping-gruu-reg-event-03.txt) that solves 
that problem by having the reg event package return the assigned gruu 
(if any). This should be beneficial to your proposal.

	Paul

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP