Subject: [Sipping] Personalization Interface - Extension to REGISTER message???

From: "Aisling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 14:24:00 +0100

Hello all,
 
First of all apologies for posting to both lists but I am not sure which
category my query would fall under. This email is also a bit long winded
but I could not make my explanation more concise!
 
I am developing a web interface to enable users to customize their VoIP
services (create rules, dictate their preferred end device etc)
I would like that a user could specify that they would like their calls
delivered first to their desktop SIP phone, then their PDA and perhaps
finally their laptop but that they could advertise just one sip
url(provided by sip mobility).
 
So the SIP Proxy that I am using is the SIP Express Router (SER) and if
a user registers from their desktop, pda and laptop with the url
sip:[email-masked], multiple contact addresses exist in the mysql
database and the call is parallel forked. Now what I would like is to
establish a serial forking system. 
 
My problem is this:
I can query all the contact addresses associated with the sip url and a
serial forking mechanism also exists in the SIP Proxy. The issue is how
do I know which contact address belongs to "desktop", "pda" etc??
Other interfaces have implemented this kind of feature - Is it only
possible with fixed IP addresses? 
 
And the MAIN thing I am wondering would it be plausible to extend the
SIP REGISTER message to contain a field which would indicate the users
preferred location/end device? 
 
I would greatly appreciate people's thoughts and comments on this
matter.
 
Kindest Regards,
___________________
Aisling O' Driscoll
Research Student

-------------------Legal  Disclaimer---------------------------------------

The above electronic mail transmission is confidential and intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be protected by legal and/or professional privilege. Should it be received by you in error please contact the sender at the above quoted email address. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. The Institute does not guarantee the security of any information electronically transmitted and is not liable if the information contained in this communication is not a proper and complete record of the message as transmitted by the sender nor for any delay in its receipt.
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP