Subject: [Sipping] New draft on trust_path_discovery

From: Kumiko Ono <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:47:44 -0400

Hi all,

Henning and I wrote up the I-D that proposes a mechanism to find friends
-of-friends and trusted domains, which could be used as a tool to 
protect users from spam/spit. We could not find any WG that this draft 
should belong to, but we believe the SIPPING/SIMPLE WG might be 
interested in this draft. Any comments are welcome.

>	Title		: Trust Path Discovery
>	Author(s)	: K. Ono, H. Schulzrinne
>	Filename	: draft-ono-trust-path-discovery-00.txt
>	Pages		: 14
>	Date		: 2005-7-12
>	
>   Chained or transitive trust can be used to determine whether incoming
>   communication is likely to be desirable or not.  We can build a
>   chained trust relationship by introducing friends to out friends, for
>   example.  We propose mechanisms for discovering trust paths and
>   binary responsive trustworthiness.  The trust paths are based on a
>   chain of trust relationships between users, a user and a domain, and
>   domains.  We apply this model to relatively low-value trust
>   establishment, suitable for deciding whether to accept communication
>   requests such as emails, calls, or instant messages from strangers.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ono-trust-path-discovery-00.txt

Thanks,
Kumiko

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP