Subject: [Sipping] RE: [Sip-implementors] Presence of Route Header in the incoming requestat UAS

From: "Nataraju Basavaraju" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:50:35 -0700

Thanks,
Nataraju A.B.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mohammed
Pakkir Mydeen - NPD, Chennai
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 7:52 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip-implementors] Presence of Route Header in the incoming
requestat UAS

Hi all

            Can someone tell me whether the below statement is right or
wrong?

            "At UAS, the incoming request MUST not contain Route
header".

[ABN] The statement is CORRECT. There must not be any route headers once
the request reaches the final destination. When the UAS receives a
request intended for it but still contain route header, can assume that
there might some malfunction happened for the request on the path and
safely reject the request with 400 - "Bad Request".

Thanks in advance

Hanifa

Disclaimer:

This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that
is confidential, proprietary to HCL Technologies and its customers,
privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely
intended for the individual or the entity it is addressed to. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to
read, forward, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any
part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.
_______________________________________________
Sip-implementors mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cs.columbia.edu/mailman/listinfo/sip-implementors

The information contained in this message may be confidential to Kodiak Networks, Inc. and its subsidiaries and protected from disclosure. If this message did not reach the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby informed that any distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the sender of the message and then delete the message. Thank you.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Dale Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:19:57 -0400

wrong?
>
>             "At UAS, the incoming request MUST not contain Route header".

That is correct, because if the message was received by a host and had a
route header, the lower layers of the SIP stack would have used it to route
the message.  A request should only be delivered to a UA once all the Route
headers have been acted upon (and so, removed).

Dale