Subject: [Sipping] Adopt message media feature tag registration draft?

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:47:16 -0500

Gonzalo wrote up a small ID to register the message media feature tag  
so we can use it with caller-prefs.

This needs to be standards track, and it's actually faster to progress  
a WG document to standards-track (even a three-pager) than it is to run  
it as an individual, so I'd like have the SIPPING WG adopt the draft.  
If you are OPPOSED to this action, please comment on the list ASAP,  
otherwise I'll assume we have consensus to adopt the draft (it's a  
pretty trivial draft) and move to have a WGLC on the draft.

The draft is posted at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-camarillo-sipping-message- 
tag-00.txt

There are some known issues, and Allison has asked Gonzalo to make a  
couple of changes to the draft:

1) Modify the Security Considerations:  "This specification does not  
affect the security of the Internet" It can just contain a sentence  
referencing the Security Considerations of RFC 3840.  The tags have  
some relevance to the security of the Internet, and this one as much as  
others, but RFC 3840 covers the subject.

2) Acknowledges -> Acknowledgments

If we don't have any major objections, we'll plan to proceed with WGLC  
in good order.

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP