Subject: Re: [Sipping] Re: New Draft on TISPAN analysis for SIP solutions concerning t...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:21:36 EDT

In a message dated 7/7/2005 2:00:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> > I think this "feature" sucks.
> 
> Well, unfortunately the "feature" itself is beyond my control, it seems 
> that it is a regulatory requirement.
> 

The above was about the suggestion for a service to allow certain callers 
(police, etc) to override the ACR feature. I agree, this feature is bad.

If it's a regulatory requirement in some countries, then it must be 
supported, but only for calls in that country. A regulatory requirement in one country 
can't force such operation in another country, especially if the regulatory 
requirement in the other country is the opposite (never override).

In any case, I wouldn't exepct the regulation in any country to specify how 
calls by the police are allowed to someone with ACR, only that it must be done. 
So, in the SIP environment it's done by providing an identity which the 
called party sees as "not anonymous".

Mike Pierce
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP