Subject: [Sipping] New draft on Session Mobility

From: Ron Shacham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:44:47 -0400 (EDT)

See changes section for updates since the -00 version.  Most of them deal 
with transfer of messaging sessions and incoming call transfer.  We would 
appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Thanks,
Ron

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

 	Title		: Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Session 
Mobility
 	Author(s)	: R. Shacham, et al.
 	Filename	: draft-shacham-sipping-session-mobility-01.txt
 	Pages		: 33
 	Date		: 2005-7-7

Session Mobility is the seamless transfer of media of an ongoing
    communication session from one device to another.  This document
    describes the general methods and specifies the flows for providing
    this service as part of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  The
    basic steps involved in session mobility which are describe are
    service discovery to locate devices to use as transfer targets, for
    which the Service Location Protocol (SLP) is used, session transfer,
    and, sometimes, reconciliation of device capability differences.  The
    described session mobility methods include the possibility of
    transferring any subset of the active media to one or more devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shacham-sipping-session-mobility-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
 	"get draft-shacham-sipping-session-mobility-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
 	mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
 	"FILE 
/internet-drafts/draft-shacham-sipping-session-mobility-01.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
 	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
 	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
 	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
 	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail 
readers
 	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
 	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
 	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
 	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shacham-sipping-session-mobility-01.txt>
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
I-D-Announce at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP