Subject: [Sipping] schulzrinne-sipping-id-relationships-00

From: "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:47:58 -0400

Not sure if we need this or not but some random comments ....

I think that the BCP should be that the primary SIP and EMAIL address are
the same. So I think section 3.3 is the wrong way to go.

section 3.7  - I don't think that is a valid SIP URL

section 4.1 - It is very unusual that you would not want to play "hi you
have reached bob" which you can not do with this. I think the sip-voicemail
draft has a better solution to providing a URI that a P2P system can use to
get the prompt and send the email with the voice recording.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 08:56:52 -0400

> the same. So I think section 3.3 is the wrong way to go.

I agree with that; we were just being timid...

There is another reason that came up in a discussion: this identity 
makes spam/spit filtering easier. There's a high likelihood that I will 
have sent email to a person before that person calls me, so that I can 
use my 'Sent' folder as a first-order whitelist for incoming IMs and calls.

> get the prompt and send the email with the voice recording.

I agree that this is not particularly convincing.