Subject: [Sipping] RE: [Sip-implementors] help

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:04:36 -0400

RPID has a wider scope but does not give the counter/redirect reason
kind of information as Diversion gives. Hence, the Diversion is not
fully deprecated and has a value. It gets more relevant in the context
of PSTN/IP hop-off as in a GW.

RPID has a more generic use and adds value on privacy. 
Add to this the new RFC3323 and RFC 3325 requirements and one may ask
why RPID when PAI/Privacy headers are available.

PS: Some would stay for the sake of backward compatability while others
may get deprecated slowly.

thanks
-Manoj

Manoj Bhatia
Voice Systems Marketing
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Cell (919) 749-8771
Office (919) 392-3873
Pager (800) 365-4578
E-mail [email-masked]
Yahoo IM: manojb91

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 7:55 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip-implementors] help

Hi All,

I would like to know why we need both Rpid header and Diversion header,
if both headers do have same functionalities (like capturing the OCDN
and RN number in a SIP message).
Could you please answer to this question?

Thanks,
Sushma

Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments
to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s)
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or
[email-masked] immediately and destroy all copies of this message
and any attachments.

_______________________________________________
Sip-implementors mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cs.columbia.edu/mailman/listinfo/sip-implementors

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP