Subject: [Sipping] TRUU

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:02:35 +0530

Hi Jeroen,

I have a couple of comments on the draft..

1) In some places draft is associating proxy functionality to registrar,
deviating from the definition that registrar is a UAS accepting only
REGISTER requests.

Section 5.  Overview of Operation
For incoming dialog forming requests, the registrar adds a Record-Route
to stay in the route set.  For incoming mid-dialog requests, the
registrar in addition rewrites the request URI (i.e. a TRUU) to the
corresponding Contact address.

Section 9.4.3.  Record Routing
A registrar / proxy compliant with this specification MUST insert a
Record-Route header in every dialog creating request that contains a
Contact header with a TRUU issued by the proxy and a Require header with
a value of 'truu' (outgoing requests).  It SHOULD Record-Route requests
targeted at an AoR for which TRUUs have been requested.

9.4.4.  Response Forwarding
A registrar MAY validate a TRUU found in a Contact header in a response,
i.e. check that it is recognized and not expired.  However, since it
cannot respond to a response, it cannot signal the responding UAS of any
failure.

2) It is not very clear whether proxy or registrar is responsible for
creating the TRUUs.

Section 6. Creation of a TRUU
A TRUU is a URI that is **created and maintained by a proxy**
authoritative for the domain in which the TRUU resides. Independently of
whether the TRUU is created as a result of a registration or some other
means, the proxy is responsible for associating the TRUU with the
contact address to which it applies.

8.1.  Processing the REGISTER Request
**A registrar MAY create a TRUU for a particular contact at any time**.
Of course, if a UA requests a TRUU in a registration, and the registrar
has not yet created one, it will need to do so in order to add it to the
registration response.  However, the registrar can  create the TRUU in
advance of any request from a UA, as long as it maps to the correct
Contact address.

Regards,
Ramakrishna

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeroen van Bemmel [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 12:00 PM
To: Paul Kyzivat
Cc: [email-masked]; Jesus Javier Arauz (E2/EEM)
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Privacy issues with GRUU

>>> I took a quick look at the truu draft again, and I see some 
>>> technical issues with it. They may turn out to be superficial - will

>>> need to look more closely. Perhaps Jeroen would be willing to
refresh that draft?
>>>
>>
>> Sure, I expect to submit this by the end of next week

FYI - I posted an update of this draft, see
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/i-d-announce/current/msg10148.html

Regards,

Jeroen

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP