Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-uri-list-subscribe-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Subscriptions to Request-Contained Resource Lists in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: G. Camarillo, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-uri-list-subscribe-05.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2006-5-11
	
This document specifies a way to create subscription to a list of
resources in SIP.  This is achieved by including the list of
resources in the body of a SUBSCRIBE.  Instead of having a subscriber
send a SUBSCRIBE for each resource individually, the subscriber
defines the resource list, subscribes to it, and gets notifications
about changes in the resources' state using a single SUBSCRIBE
dialog.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-uri-list-subscribe-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-uri-list-subscribe-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-uri-list-subscribe-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Dale R. Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 22:40:24 -0400

This I-D is a fine thing, but as a matter of logical organization and
exposition, I notice that the "resource list server" is a vital piece of
infrastructure without which this mechanism will not work, but the RLS
itself is not mentioned in the abstract and is not explicitly
introduced.  Reference [4] of the I-D points to the discussion of RLSs
(draft-ietf-simple-event-list-07), but neither the text of the I-D nor
the title of draft-ietf-simple-event-list-07 tells the reader of that.
Or for that matter, does the abstract of draft-ietf-simple-event-
list-07.

Whereas, in practice, I would expect that the most difficult aspect of
using this mechanism would be locating an RLS that the agent was
permitted to use.  We should not treat the RLS like a fish treats water!

Dale