Subject: RE: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt

From: "Roy, Radhika R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:00:52 -0400

Folks:

There seems to a need for corrections in this draft as follows:

The document shows that there are TWO editors. At the same time, the
same two editors are also shown as only SOLE authors.

The question is this: Why do these same two persons need to be editors
as well as authors?

Do they not to write that they are the authors instead of being two
editors? 

Who can help us to clarify this?

Best regards,
Radhika R. Roy

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for real-time text over IP using the
                          Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: A. Van Wijk, G. Gybels
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2006-6-27
	
This document lists the essential requirements for real-time Text-
  over-IP (ToIP) and defines a framework for implementation of all
  required functions based on the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and
  the Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP). This includes interworking
  between Text-over-IP and existing text telephony on the PSTN and other
  networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:02:21 -0500

Radhika,

They could label section 10 as "Editors' Addresses" and that would
accurately reflect the approach taken for the last round of updates to
that document and address your concern.  The editors switched to the
model of Editor/Contributor roles, based on the recommendation of the
chairs, in order to avoid the problem of having a long list of Authors,
which is something the RFC editor recommends against.  As well, having a
long list of authors often dramatically slows down the publication
process as the RFC editor will NOT publish a document without approval
from all the authors listed on the title page.  This model has been used
for the publication of other documents in the SIPPING and SIP WGs and
seems to work quite efficiently.  

Regards,
Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: Roy, Radhika R. [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 4:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt

Folks:

Best regards,
Radhika R. Roy

-----Original Message-----

	

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type: