Subject: RE: [Sipping] Ready for IESG review: draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.t xt

From: "Roy, Radhika R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:34:26 -0400

Hi, Mary:
 
Some preliminary comments can be seen in the following thread:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg11265.html
<http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg11265.html> 
 
More comments will be followed later.
 
We appreciate your lead on this draft.
 
Best regards,
Radhika R. Roy

  _____  

From: [email-masked] on behalf of Mary Barnes
Sent: Thu 6/29/2006 3:16 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] Ready for IESG review: draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt

Hi all, 

An updated version of the "Framework for Realtime text over IP using 
SIP" document has been produced based on the post IETF-65 mailing list 
discussions: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt>  

Since this document had previously completed WGLC, it is believed to be 
ready for IESG review. However, we'd like to provide the working group 
one week to review to confirm its readiness or to highlight any 
remaining concerns, beyond the one already raised around the 
Editor/Author/Contributor approach. 

Feedback should be provided to the SIPPING WG mailing list by July 7th, 
2006. 

Regards, 
Mary 
SIPPING WG co-chair 

_______________________________________________ 
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping>  
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP 
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip 
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP 

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Roy, Radhika R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:08:27 -0400

Hi, Mary:
 
We talked about this before that "Real-Time Text" (or say Text Telephony) is
the right thing to be used in this context. That is, the word "Text" needs
to be qualified using another word that indicates the property of
"real-time" nature just to differentiate from the ordinary "text" which by
definition is "non-real-time."
 
The other thing is this: Text Bridging, Text Gateway, or Text Relay, by
definition, indicates the "non-real-time" text bridging, gateway or relay.
In fact, this is being used for the non-real-time text since the inception
of computer communications.
 
Since the draft itself has been titled with "Rea-Time Text," the following
terms needs to be used consistently throughout the text as follows:

*	

	Rea-Time Text Bridging, Rea-Time Text Gateway, and Rea-Time Text
Relay
*	

	Or, RT Text Bridging, RT Text Gateway, or RT Text Relay (where RT =
Real-Time Bridging)

We, all the co-authors, have decided that this is the right term we will be
using all time and are working in all WGs so that all of them can use the
same term consistently.

By the way, no one can change a co-author to contributor, not even the IETF.

More comments will follow.

Best regards,

Radhika

  _____  

From: [email-masked] on behalf of Roy, Radhika R.
Sent: Thu 6/29/2006 8:34 PM
To: Mary Barnes
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sipping] Ready for IESG review: draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.t
xt

Hi, Mary:

Some preliminary comments can be seen in the following thread:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg11265.html
<http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg11265.html> 
<http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg11265.html
<http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg11265.html> >

Best regards,
Radhika R. Roy

  _____ 

Hi all,

An updated version of the "Framework for Realtime text over IP using
SIP" document has been produced based on the post IETF-65 mailing list
discussions:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt> 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt> > 

Regards,
Mary
SIPPING WG co-chair