Subject: RE: [Sipping] I-DACTION:draft-sawada-sipping-sip-offeranswer-01.txt:SDPsess-version

From: "Christer Holmberg \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 16:35:20 +0200

Hi, 

>>In another e-mail I talked about the possibility to use the SDP
>>sess-version (part of the o= line) to reject an offer, by not
>>increasing the sess-version value in the answer, but that is a
>>separate discussion.
>>
>That isn't rejecting the offer, though, that's providing the previous
>answer as the answer to the new offer.  It does 
>seem that if the previous answer is also a valid answer for the new
>offer, it's allowed to do that.

>What I proposed was actually the value would be DECREASED in this case.
>But, please see separate thread on that.
>
>"not increasing" and "decreasing" are different.

I know - it was my misstake :) 

(in the other tread I do use the decrease word, though)

Please also note that the usage of the sess-version field for this is
just a high level idea I came up with - together with another idea,
where the zero port value in the m= line could be used to reject an
offer (instead of, as currently defined, remove the whole stream).

>But on what grounds would decreasing the version be considered
acceptable?  And why would you want to, since there are 
>already a host of 4xx codes for rejecting a re-INVITE?

Yes, but the discussion is based on the question: how do you reject an
offer in a PRACK?

Regards,

Christer

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP