Subject: Re: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-uri-list-subscribe-05.txt

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:59:12 +0300

Hi Dale,

this draft can be seen as an extension to [4], as described in the 
introduction and, so, implementers will certainly read [4] before 
implementing this spec. Therefore, I believe it is clear what a resource 
list server is.

Thanks for the feedback,

Gonzalo

Dale R. Worley wrote:
> This I-D is a fine thing, but as a matter of logical organization and
> exposition, I notice that the "resource list server" is a vital piece of
> infrastructure without which this mechanism will not work, but the RLS
> itself is not mentioned in the abstract and is not explicitly
> introduced.  Reference [4] of the I-D points to the discussion of RLSs
> (draft-ietf-simple-event-list-07), but neither the text of the I-D nor
> the title of draft-ietf-simple-event-list-07 tells the reader of that.
> Or for that matter, does the abstract of draft-ietf-simple-event-
> list-07.
> 
> Whereas, in practice, I would expect that the most difficult aspect of
> using this mechanism would be locating an RLS that the agent was
> permitted to use.  We should not treat the RLS like a fish treats water!
> 
> Dale
> 
> 
> 

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP