Subject: [Sipping] Update to the dialogusage draft

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 10:56:12 -0400

I've submitted an update to the dialogusage draft.
Until it appears in the repository, you can find it at

http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/draft-ietf-sipping-dialogusage-02.txt

Here's the changelog:

    o  Incorporated editorial-fix contributions from the list
    o  Noted that REFERs using norefersub (RFC4488) don't create a new
       subscribe usage
    o  Changed the affect of 403 to affect only the transaction, not the
       usage.  This is motivated by text in 3261 (bottom of page 87 -
       pointed out by Brian Stucker) which states that a UA receiving a
       non-2xx final response to a re-INVITE MUST leave the session
       parameters unchanges as if the re-INVITE had not been issued.
       There are other recommendations in this document that violate  
that
       MUST (404,410, etc) but on review, I believe they are correct
       (except for 403) and that this text in 3261 needs to be  
updated to
       recognize the conditions under which they're sent.
    o  Added text concerning the race condition wherein endpoints  
failing
       over rapidly to 3263 destinations may stimulate a merged-request
       response.
    o  Corrected the 481 inconsistency Paul Kyzivat pointed out (by
       removing the inconsistent paragraph)
    o  NOT DONE: As mentioned in Dallas, there was a list discussion
       around the effect of provisional responses on the remote and  
local
       target stored in dialog state.  This version of the draft hasn't
       captured that discussion.  More list attention is needed to
       conclude the discussion and determine if this is the right draft
       to capture that conclusion.

Thanks,

RjS

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP