Subject: RE: [Sipping] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-sawada-sipping-sip-offeranswer-01.txt

From: "Chaney, Charles \(Com US\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:53:01 -0700

Hello,

I have found the draft to be very informative and look forward to
further clarifications.  

With that in mind I hope you can clarify a part of Section 2.1.1 (INVITE
request without SDP) for me:

Its highly unlikely, but if a UAS goes against the 'should' statement
for F6 (1xx-rel) and includes an SDP, is it still considered an SDP
offer? If so, there are statements that the UAC should ignore it. If
this is the case, then the UAS may not be able to continue since it may
be waiting for an SDP answer to be delivered in the PRACK. What should
it do? Seems unclear as to the UAS handling without some further
statements.

Regarding the same section; once F5 has completed can the UAS make an
SDP offer in an UPDATE request? This seems to be excluded from the
diagram but was included in section 2.1.1 (either UAC or UAS can send
UPDATE). Not that a UAS would do this, but since it provided the
original SDP offer in a reliable response, was it intentional (or just
an oversight) to disallow the UAS from making a new SDP offer using
UPDATE once the initial UAC SDP answer has been received in the PRACK?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Chuck Chaney

-----Original Message-----
From: Takuya Sawada [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 6:00 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] FW: I-D
ACTION:draft-sawada-sipping-sip-offeranswer-01.txt

Hi,

As some of you may have noticed, we updated the SIP
offer/answer usage draft.
We revised it based on the mail discussion in SIPPING.
This draft was once expired, but we want to keep it alive.

Comments are really welcome.

Regards,
Takuya

------- Forwarded Message
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sawada-sipping-sip-offeranswer-01.txt 
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) Usage of
Offer/Answer Model
	Author(s)	: T. Sawada, P. Kyzivat
	Filename	: draft-sawada-sipping-sip-offeranswer-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-6-12
	
SIP utilizes offer/answer model to establish and update multimedia 
sessions. The descriptions on how to use offer/answer in SIP are 
dispersed in the multiple RFCs. This document summarizes all the 
current usage of offer/answer model in SIP communication.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sawada-sipping-sip-offeranswer
-01.
txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the 
message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sawada-sipping-sip-offeranswer-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-sawada-sipping-sip-offeranswer-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sawada-sipping-sip-offeranswer-01.txt

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

------- End of Forwarded Message
--------
Takuya Sawada
KDDI Corporation (KDDI)
Garden Air Tower, 3-10-10, Iidabashi, 
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8460, Japan
Tel: +81-3-6678-2997
Fax: +81-3-6678-0286
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP