Subject: [Sipping] Updated SIPPING document tracking information

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:25:18 -0500

Hi all, 

Per this thread last month: 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg10963.html
we have continued to populate the spreadsheets with the document reviews
and now have WGLC targets and updated IESG milestones.  

There are several views to the data:
1) Sorted by review due date:
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt.html
2) Sorted by when the next revision to the document is due:
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt-rev-due.ht
ml
3) Sorted by WGLC target:
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt-wglc.html

For the latter, the dates are fairly aggressive and do rely on getting
quality and timely review by the WG.  Also, a change in format for
documents that are under IESG review, rather than tracking the specific
state, the "Status" is just "IESG".  To see the actual state, you can
click on the draft name and that link takes you to the ID tracker. 

It is important to emphasize that this "process" is intended to augment
the normal WG process whereby any WG member can provide feedback on the
documents.  The primary idea here is to avoid the situation we've had in
the past where there are zero comments during WGLC and thus the document
is delayed.  Thus far, this process seems to have resulted in some
excellent, constructive feedback on several of the WG documents.   There
has also been feedback from other SDOs that having the target dates is
useful.  

Since we've not gotten much feedback from the WG (other than when are we
going to start doing new work?), I'll reiterate some of the basic
information from the previous thread.  

Here's a link to the directory where that information is being
maintained:
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/review_procedure.html 

The guidelines document has embedded links to the other documents and
that should help you understand their context and purpose:
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-review-guidel
ines.html 

Here's a list of the current reviewers: 
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-reviewer-list
.html

Feedback on the format of the data and the basic guidelines would be
appreciated. Note, that depending upon your window size, you may need to
scroll to see all the data. If this basic approach seems reasonable,
we'd also appreciate that feedback. 

And, finally, this isn't deemed the end all solution to "How do we make
the WG more effective and efficient?" - it's intended as a starting
point and hopefully we can evolve from here, based on WG feedback.

Regards,
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP