Subject: [Sipping] Question on draft-anil-sipping-bla-03

From: Fredrik Thulin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:37:11 +0200

Hi

I have a question on bridged line appearance with a state agent.

When the state agent sends it's SUBSCRIBE to a newly registered UA, that 
UA answers the SUBSCRIBE and then sends a SUBSCRIBE in the other 
direction. I have only read the draft semi-carefully, but I haven't 
understood what it is that makes the state agent know what Bridged Line 
Appearance that SUBSCRIBE is intended for. I'm talking about this 
moment in the establishment of the dual-SUBSCRIBEs :

   F9 Alice ----> State Agent 
    
   SUBSCRIBE sip:[email-masked] SIP/2.0  
   Via: SIP/2.0/UDP ua1.example.com;branch=z9hG4bKf10fac97E7A76D6A  
   From: <sip:[email-masked]>;tag=925A3CAD-CEBB276E  
   To: <sip:[email-masked]>  

How does the state agent know that this SUBSCRIBE is about 
sip:[email-masked], and not sip:[email-masked]?
Is it the Contact the state agent used in F5 that is really unique to 
this particular BLA? If so, I would suggest showing this more clearly 
by letting the state agent use Contact: 
<sip:[email-masked]> or similar, instead 
of <sip:[email-masked]>.

Also, a couple of comments :

* Maybe the reg-event NOTIFY from the registrar to the state agent 
should be shown in the section 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 diagrams? Now, one may 
wonder how the state agent knows it should send a SUBSCRIBE.

* You have many SIP headers where long headers are wrapped. That's OK 
but you have to start the next line with whitespace, for example :

   Change

      Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 
      stateagent.example.com;branch=z9hG4bK1846984327225734  

   into

      Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 
        stateagent.example.com;branch=z9hG4bK1846984327225734

* In message "F13 Bob ----> State Agent" (section 6.1.2), the To: is 
<sip:[email-masked]>. Where does that address come from? 
I suspect a typo. alice@stateagent then appears in lots of other 
messages too.

/Fredrik

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP