Subject: [Sipping] Updated Draft on Recording

From: Ron Shacham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:30:30 -0400 (EDT)

We have submitted an update to our draft on recording permissions in SIP.

It is currently available at:
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/drafts/sip/draft-shacham-sip-media-privacy-02.txt

Like the -01 draft that we submitted last November, it details the use of
the Preconditions Framework for requiring participants to give explicit
agreement to recording guidelines.  This means either that one participant
accepts the other's intention to record, or that one prohibits the 
recording by the other participant.  As stated in the draft, this is
useful more for legal reasons than for actually stopping a user from 
recording.

We would appreciate comments.

Regards,
Ron

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP