Subject: RE: [Sipping] 503 for retransmisison after 200OK

From: "Sanjay Sinha \(sanjsinh\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:03:22 -0400

At the UAS, the retransmitted Invite will match an existing transaction,
so it should respond with the same response, in this case 200 OK, as the
initial Invite response.
 
Besides if 200 OK is the first response that makes it to UAC, it will
make dialog at UAC transition to active state and 503 response should be
dropped. Similarly if 503 response makes it there before 200 OK, it will
transition dialog to terminated state and 200 OK should be dropped
 
Sanjay

________________________________

From: Avshalom Houri [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 1:34 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] 503 for retransmisison after 200OK

What should be the behavior when: 

A UAC has sent an INVITE that was eventually received 200OK 
Since the 200 OK was delayed, the UAC have retransmitted it but now 
the server sends a 503 since it is loaded. 
Since the server is loaded it can not know that it has accepted the 
INVITE before. 

Is this a legal SIP scenario at all? 
What should be the client's behavior if 200OK was received before the 
503 and when the 503 was received before the 200OK? 

As far as I could tell this scenario is not covered by: 
draft-rosenberg-sipping-overload-reqs-01 

--Avshalom

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP