Subject: [Sipping] Updated Draft: SIP Performance Metrics

From: Daryl Malas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:18:40 -0600

A new revision exists for the SIP Performance Metrics draft.  The
following is a list of changes to the draft:

- Improved (narrowed) scope of the document through clarification in the
Introduction.

- Clarification around message retransmissions (more work regarding TS
effecting retransmissions may be needed in a future iteration)

- Removed Average Hops per INVITE metrics

- All metric variables can now be retrieved from the ingress (or UAC)
side of the message flow - this will simplify implementation by vendors
and operators. (FYI...this was the case before except for AHI, but since
it was removed this now applies to all metrics by default.)

- Changed Session Completion Delay to Session Disconnect Delay -- This
clarifies the metric greatly as there was confusion as to what
"completion" meant in the previous term.

- Separated the Session Completion Rate metric into a successful and
failed scenario subsections for better clarity

- A few other minor clarity issues were resolved throughout the draft as
well.

***Opinions and comments are appreciated,thanks.***

The new revision can be found here:

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: SIP End-to-End Performance Metrics
	Author(s)	: D. Malas
	Filename	: draft-malas-performance-metrics-05.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2006-9-19
	
This document defines a set of metrics and their usage to evaluate 
the performance of end-to-end SIP-based services in both production 
and testing environments.  The purpose of this document is to combine 
a set of common metrics, allowing interoperable performance 
measurements, easing the comparison of industry implementations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malas-performance-metrics-05.txt

Thanks...--Daryl

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP