Subject: RE: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-toip-07.txt

From: "Roy, Radhika R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 10:51:29 -0400

Mary:
 
We all know what has happened for this.
 
We all think that it has been unfair to appoint 2 editors to have all the
show with all their advertisements in the document.
 
Please let RFC editors know, it is not the only documents where many authors
have been. When there are many authors an editor is appointed to solve this
problem.
 
Let us not argue about the justification of the RFC editors what they want
as there may have many reasons, but it seems to be that 2 editors were not
chosen by the co-authors of this document.
 
The question has been this: Why the RFC editor or WG has chosen unfairly 2
editors arbitrarily from the all co-authors? We (co-authors) could live with
1 editor as all the co-authors did last time, but why did the RFC editor or
WG choose anther of the second co-author from a bunch of so many co-authors
arbitrarily?
 
Why does the RFC editor or WG not choose the second co-editor a neutral one
(e.g., Tom Taylor) if the second editor is needed? Or why does the RFC
editor or WG not just show the second co-editor as one of the contributors
as it has been shown for the so many legitimate co-authors of the document
removing the second co-editor as all co-authors did in the past despite all
problems?
 
It is all about fairness, not to provide credit for a person who does not
deserve it.
 
Best regards,
Radhika
 
BTW: I personally sorry to see that you have been put in this mess despite
all of your sincere efforts for which you are not suppose to deal with as
trust was high..
  _____  

From: Mary Barnes [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thu 8/31/2006 10:14 PM
To: Roy, Radhika R.; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-toip-07.txt

Radhika,

Per the response on this related topic back in June, there are 2 editors
for this document and the other authors are listed as contributors (per
the RFC editor's desire to not have lots of authors on page 1):
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg11226.html
<http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg11226.html> 

Cheers,
Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: Roy, Radhika R. [mailto:[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> ]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 4:47 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-toip-07.txt

Mary:

Did WG appointed 2 editors for this?

Did WG remove others as co-authors?

BR\RRR

  _____ 

From: [email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]
Sent: Wed 8/30/2006 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-toip-07.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal
Investigation
Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Framework for real-time text over IP using the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
        Author(s)       : A. Van Wijk, G. Gybels
        Filename        : draft-ietf-sipping-toip-07.txt
        Pages           : 27
        Date            : 2006-8-30
       
This document lists the essential requirements for real-time Text-
over-IP (ToIP) and defines a framework for implementation of all
required functions based on the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and
the Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP). This includes interworking
between Text-over-IP and existing text telephony on the PSTN and other
networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-toip-07.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-toip-07.txt> 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-toip-07.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-toip-07.txt> > 

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce> 
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce> > 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-ietf-sipping-toip-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html <http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html>
<http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html <http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html> > 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt> 
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt> > 

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-toip-07.txt".
       
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers

        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on

        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping> 
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Frank Shearar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 17:09:44 +0200

> WG choose anther of the second co-author from a bunch of so many
co-authors

<snip>

> It is all about fairness, not to provide credit for a person who does not

Maybe a show of hands from the authors of this draft indicating their
support for or against Radhika's position can stop us from flogging this
dead horse?

frank