Subject: [Sipping] Average Hops per Invite...going..going...gone???

From: Daryl Malas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:45:49 -0600

The SIP Performance Metrics draft defines the point of measurement for
most metrics at the UAC (ingress point) or UA1 as described throughout
the draft.  The only metric which departs from this is Average Hops per
Invite.  This metric requires capturing information from the UAC and
UAS.  This draft will be most easily implemented if metric input
capturing/development need only take place at the ingress UAC;
therefore, I would like to suggest removing it from the metrics
document.  Does anyone have heartburn with this??

Thanks...--Daryl

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Daryl Malas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:48:18 -0600

I should also add that I have not heard any strong opinions in the past
for keeping this metric, so this also brought me to this decision.