Subject: [Sipping] Comments on draft-roach-sipping-callcomp-bfcp-00.txt

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:32:32 +0200

Hi,

a few comments on draft-roach-sipping-callcomp-bfcp-00.txt.

The draft proposes to to establish a SIP session for the BFCP
connection. Once the floor is grated, the callee establishes another SIP
session for the actual call.

The draft should explain how the callee correlates both SIP sessions.
That is, how does the callee know that the user calling is the same one
as got the floor. The draft should deal with such correlations for
anonymous callers as well, where the caller's identity will not be
available for the correlation.

Two possible solutions for this correlation are to use RFC 4538 or to
use the same session for BFCP and for the actual call (e.g., sending a
re-INVITE). RFC 4538 would work with the mechanism as specified in the
current draft.

A question: the draft talks about the establishment of one or more BFCP
sessions. What do you have in mind? In which cases would UAs establish
more than one BFCP session?

Cheers,

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP