Subject: [Sipping] SIP session parameters/state via HTTP cookies for browser sessions

From: "Arjun Roychowdhury" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:50:48 -0400

Hi,
Though this is an implementation question, I don't believe it is
currently in scope of the existing SIP specs. Hence the post to
sipping.

I am working on some projects which relate to SIP based telephony/chat
using a browser session. To that extent, I was looking around for SIP
cookies. The only draft I came across was an expired
http://old.iptel.org/ietf/callsignalling/draft-willis-sip-cookies-00.txt

However, my intent is not to create a SIP cookie header, but to
conform to HTTP cookies, and specify a well published format which
could be understood by SIP enabled browser sessions - so that, for
example, let's say if I go to amazon.com (just an example) and decide
to make a voice call from the browser, then previous settings that I
used could be stored in an HTTP cookie describing my previous sip
session with the site.

Does this make sense  or are there other approaches that already exist
? if it does make sense, I'll write up an I-D on the use of HTTP
cookie definitions for SIP state.

regds
arjun

-- 
Arjun Roychowdhury

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP