Subject: [Sipping] Comments on draft-ejzak-sipping-p-em-auth-02.txt

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:59:31 +0200

Hi,

a few comments on draft-ejzak-sipping-p-em-auth-02.txt.

The draft defines the "gated" value for the P-Early-Media header field,
but does not explain why it is needed and what would the UAC do with
that. Could you clarify its usage?

It seems that the mechanism defined in this draft is orthogonal to other
current early media efforts such as
draft-stucker-sipping-early-media-coping-03.txt.

Systems using the P-Early-Media header field would be able to use the
mechanisms specified in the early media coping draft, if they are
eventually specified.

Therefore, it seems this draft could be advanced independently from
other ongoing early media discussions. In any case, further opinions are
of course welcome.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP