Subject: [Sipping] Re: draft-allen-sipping-poc-p-answer-state-header-04

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:15:24 -0400

Andrew,

This is looking pretty much done. I found only a couple of things:

Section 6.4 says:

    A parameter value of "Confirmed" is only
    included in a SIP 200 OK response.

But 6.4.2 says:

    If the UAC part of a back-to-back UA of a PTT Server sent a SIP
    INVITE request as a result of receiving a SIP REFER Request, receives
    a SIP 18x or 2xx response containing a P-Answer-State header field at
    the UAC part of its back-to-back UA, then the UAS part of its back-
    to-back UA SHOULD include the P-Answer-State header field and its
    parameters from that response unmodified in the sipfrag of the
    response contained in a SIP NOTIFY request that the UAS part of its
    back-to-back UA sends in response to the SIP REFER request.

This means that a Confirmed can be included in a NOTIFY. (But only a 
NOTIFY of a 200.)

The usage of REFER always seems to mention of sending of the REFER 
within an INVITE dialog. There should probably also be procedures for 
doing this with a separate dialog, since shared dialog usages are so 
unpopular.

	That's it,
	Paul

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP