Subject: [Sipping] Updated SIP and Spam draft

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 10:55:48 -0400

I've submitted an update to the SIP and spam draft. Until it appears in 
the archives you can pick it up at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sipping-spam-03.txt

Here are the changes:

* cleaned up text a bit to read more like a framework document and
   less like a proposal/discussion piece

* updated discussion on limited use addresses to include single use
   addresses and mention UA loose routing as the vehicle for generating
   them

* updated numbers for the cost of online labor to perform captchas,
   based on some figures quoted on slashdot recently (much more
   expensive than the previously described $100/year for a 40 hour work
   week)

* updated old MARID references to the published experimental RFCs for
   sender ID, and added DKIM. Put these under a bigger section called
   identity for email

* updated discussion on consent based on the most recent consent
   framework; its important to note that the current framework
   (draft-ietf-sip-consent-framework) is not as useful for regular spam
   as it was in earlier versions. THe current framework is more
   applicable as a tool for managing a whitelist.

* added an example to demonstrate the problem with P-Asserted-Identity

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP