Subject: [Sipping] Registry for SIP URI user-param

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 11:35:34 -0400

I looked briefly at the IANA SIP registry, and didn't see a registry  
for the SIP 'user' parameter (user-param), which currently presumably  
includes

   "phone"
   "ip"

and maybe others. Is there a need for such a registry?

Henning

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:18:37 +0300

Hi Henning,

the 'user' SIP URI parameter is registered under 'SIP/SIPS URI 
Parameters" at:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/sip-parameters

Cheers,

Gonzalo

Henning Schulzrinne wrote:
> I looked briefly at the IANA SIP registry, and didn't see a registry for 
> the SIP 'user' parameter (user-param), which currently presumably includes
> 
>   "phone"
>   "ip"
>

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 08:09:34 -0400

Gonzalo,

Sorry to be unclear. I wasn't talking about the parameter itself, but  
the values, such as 'phone' or 'ip' *for* the user parameter. I don't  
see those registered in that table.

Henning

On Oct 27, 2006, at 4:18 AM, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:

>> I looked briefly at the IANA SIP registry, and didn't see a  
>> registry for the SIP 'user' parameter (user-param), which  
>> currently presumably includes
>>   "phone"
>>   "ip"

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:23:47 +0300

Hi,

the conclusion of the discussions regarding that registry was that we 
did not want to explicitly register the parameter values. Instead, we 
only wanted to have references to the specs that define those values 
(folks claimed that that was a simpler solution).

That's why the registry entry for the Authorization header field 
parameter, for instance, has references to RFC 3261 and RFC 3310.

Cheers,

Gonzalo