Subject: [Sipping] Re: draft-baset-sipping-p2pcommon-00

From: "Henry Sinnreich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:46:29 -0800

The proposed DHT protocol in "A Protocol for Implementing Various DHT
Algorithms" does not have a corresponding DHT operation (API) for
handling delay information. Should delay not be the most important
metric for neighbor node selection, used among other for selecting media
relays and proxies?

Related to this, the Internet-Draft does not include the Bamboo
algorithm used in the openDHT system; http://www.bamboo-dht.org/
Bamboo seems however to be the most interesting algorithm, among other
reasons since it has proximity neighbor selection based on delay and has
been designed for better handling churn in membership.

Is there a reason for not including Bamboo in the DHT algorithm
comparison and if so, what may it be?

I understand though that other DHT algorithms such as Chord have also
recently added proximity neighbor selection based on delay. Is this
true?
If yes, the info in the draft should be updated.

Thanks, 

Henry Sinnreich

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP