Subject: [Sipping] feedback requested: draft-littlefield-sipping-mgmt-event-01

From: Josh Littlefield <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:24:49 -0400

I've recently submitted an Internet-Draft proposing an event package 
that is intended to allow a management station to request a management 
session with a UA:

<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sipping/draft-littlefield-sipping-mgmt-event-01.txt>

This is intended to address management of devices behind NATs and 
firewalls, and to be coupled with management protocols which allow a 
"call-home" style.  Some examples of such protocols exist outside the 
IETF, and the IETF ISMS WG is attempting to allow for call-home in 
addressing the transport-mapping security model.

This is attempting to address one of the use-cases identified needing 
attention in draft-channabasappa-sipua-config-mgmt-00
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-channabasappa-sipua-config-mgmt-00)

I'd appreciate feedback on this idea, as well as suggestions of workable 
alternatives.

Thanks,
Josh Littlefield

-- 
=====================================================================
Josh Littlefield                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
[email-masked]                             1414 Massachusetts Avenue
tel: 978-936-1379  fax: 978-936-2226       Boxborough, MA  01719-2205

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP