Subject: [Sipping] Updated draft: SIP End-to-End Performance Metrics

From: Daryl Malas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 09:44:22 -0600

Revision Notes:

The major additions to this draft are metric SEER (Session Establishment
Efficiency Rate) and IM inclusion.  In addition, the following changes
were made:

- Added section 3.2.3 (SRD for IM)
- Updated section 3.5 (Now Average Hops per Request -- Inclusive of IM)
- Updated section 3.6 (Metric denominator)
- Added section 3.6.1 (SER for IM) 
- Added section 3.7 (SEER)
- Added section 5.2 (Considerations -- Authorization and Authentication)
- Updated section (now) 5.6 (Removed IANA references)
- Removed section 5.6 (Metrics under consideration)
- Added section 9 (Contributors)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: SIP End-to-End Performance Metrics
	Author(s)	: D. Malas
	Filename	: draft-malas-performance-metrics-07.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2007-5-24
	
This document defines a set of metrics and their usage to evaluate 
   the performance of end-to-end Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
based 
   services in both production and testing environments.  The purpose
of 
   this document is to combine a set of common metrics, allowing 
   interoperable performance measurements, easing the comparison of 
   industry implementations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malas-performance-metrics-07.txt

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP