Subject: RE: [Sipping] 433 error response format.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 12:25:25 +0530

What should be the behavior of an UserAgent when it receives a valid 
From header 
but the Privacy header contains the value "id"/"user". Can the UA throw 
433 just with this
check.

Preethi.

"adi" <[email-masked]> 
04/29/2007 03:44 PM

To
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
RE: [Sipping] 433 error response format.

UAS don't need to instruct UAC on retry since the decision on retry is 
user
dependent and the reason to send 433 is because the UAC don't have a way 
to
handle the case (announcements to dial #82 and the number for example to
allow normal call without hiding caller information).
In some cases of international call the UAC can't identify treatment to 
the
caller.

Adi

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2007 12:27 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sipping] 433 error response format.

   From: [email-masked]

      A UAC receiving a 433 (Anonymity Disallowed) MUST NOT retry the
      [...]

   How will the UAS indicate the UAC that it has a desire for the
   request to be retried. Will this be communicated in some headers
   like that of Retry-Header.

The UAS has no input into the decision by the UAC to retry the request
(without anonymity).

Dale

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

***********************  Aricent-Private   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of 
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be 
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, 
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for 
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Avasarala Ranjit-A20990" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 17:09:32 +0800

Hi
 
If the privacy type indicated is "id", then the From header should
contain "anonymous". But since in your case the From header contains a
valid name, then I think there is something wrong in the request that is
sent to the UA. 
 
But a 433 is more applicable to server., not sure of how a UA should
behave( as per draft-ietf-sip-acr-code-04.txt). But I think UA could
throw a 433 since it will not be able to fulfill the anonymity
requirement of calling UA.
 
Regards 
Ranjit 

________________________________

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 12:25 PM
To: adi
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sipping] 433 error response format.

Preethi. 

04/29/2007 03:44 PM 

To

Adi

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2007 12:27 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sipping] 433 error response format.

Dale

***********************  Aricent-Private   *********************** 
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended
solely for the use of 
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or
confidential information and should not be 
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.
If you have received this message in error, 
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of
this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for 
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by
this email including damage from virus."