Subject: [Sipping] Comments on draft-marjou-sipping-b2bua-00.txt

From: "Rayees Khan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:11:03 +0100

Hi Xavier,

Please find below some comments on the mentioned draft.

regards
Rayees

Section 3:
o Bullet 4 -  I guess it should be BYE/CANCEL instead of just BYE. There
would be some sessions that would require treatment with CANCEL in
scenarios when BYE is required to be sent. I think we need to mention
that it should be able to generate ACK for sessions that are terminated
because of this CANCEL.
o How about adding these to the list
  - Handle redirection responses from either side
  - Handle forked requests and their responses either side
Additionally, I think we do need to mention a bit about interpretation
of Contact headers in case of CCP etc. I think because of their
Accept/Reject-Contact mechanism the call flow does change.
o Section 4.1.3 - There is no mention of handling of "Path" or "Service
Route" headers
o Section 4.4.3 - Sending any request on behalf of user would always
start this debate of challenges. (To be honest I cannot think of a way
round it at the moment)
o General - There is no mention of handling of emergency calls. I am not
sure whether that would actually come in realm of SBC though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT   The information contained in this e-mail any
attachments is intended only for the named recipient and may be
privileged or confidential.

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately 
on +44 (0)1908 425000 and do not disclose, copy, distribute 
or take any action based on the contents of this e-mail. 

You should understand and accept that, when communicating with us
by e-mail, it is not a totally secure communication medium.

We accept no liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss
arising from any action taken in reliance on the information contained
in this e-mail and give no warranty or representation as to its accuracy
or reliability.

DIGITALK has the facility to monitor and read both incoming
and outgoing communications by e-mail.  In line with industry efforts
to reduce the proliferation of Un-Solicited SPAM messages, 
DIGITALK uses various methods including Reverse-DNS 
lookups and ban-lists to prevent malicious content reaching our users.

This message and any attachments has been scanned for known
viruses. However, we would advise you to ensure the content is
indeed virus free.  We do not, to the extent permitted by law, accept
any liability (whether in contract, negligence or otherwise) for any virus
infection and/or external compromise of security and/or breach of
confidentiality in relation to transmissions sent by e-mail.

VAT No: GB 876 3287 81. Reg No: 3080801
Place of Registration: England
Registered Office Address: 2 Radian Court, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP