Subject: [Sipping] New draft related to spam prevention

From: Ron Shacham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 14:51:23 -0400 (EDT)

We have submitted a draft that describes an HTTP header for carrying 
correspondence addresses from a server.  These addresses are the ones that 
will be used for confirmations, advertisements, follow-ups, etc. following 
an online transaction.  This facilitates the inclusion of such addresses 
in whitelists for email filtering, even though the user never sends to 
them.  This is, of course, also applicable to the sip spam problem
(hence the message to this list).  We'd appreciate comments.

Regards,
Ron

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Ron Shacham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 14:57:25 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry, until it appears in the archives, you can find it at:
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/drafts/draft-shacham-http-corr-uris-00.txt

Ron

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Ron Shacham wrote:

> will be used for confirmations, advertisements, follow-ups, etc. following an 
> online transaction.  This facilitates the inclusion of such addresses in 
> whitelists for email filtering, even though the user never sends to them. 
> This is, of course, also applicable to the sip spam problem