Subject: [Sipping] Cc:ing authors when providing comments on drafts

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:18:30 +0300

Folks,

a few authors have missed comments on their drafts because the comments 
were only sent to the list and not to them. This results in very poor 
response times. We know that authors are supposed to follow the mailing 
list regularly but, realistically, many do not.

What would people think if we encouraged reviewers (i.e., any person 
providing comments, not only dedicated reviewers) to always cc authors 
when providing comments (in addition to sending them to the mailing 
list). Authors who follow the mailing list will probably find this 
practice harmful because they will receive duplicated emails. On the 
other hand, authors that do not follow the mailing list regularly will 
be able to respond to comments in a much faster way.

Fortunately, cc:ing the authors of a draft is real easy nowadays. You 
can use:

    [email-masked]

this is an alias for the email addresses of the document authors.

My personal opinion is that authors should always be cc:ed, but I would 
like to know if some of you are strongly opposed to this.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP