Subject: [Sipping] New Version Notification for draft-choi-sipping-experiments-spit-01

From: Jaeduck Choi (최재덕) <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:46:55 +0900

Dear SIPPING members,

We updated the draft on SPIT experiments on commercial networks.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks

Jaeduck

I-D Submission Tool URL:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idst/status.cgi?submission_id=3270 

Filename:               draft-choi-sipping-experiments-spit

Version:                 01

Staging URL:          http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/staging/draft-choi-
sipping-experiments-spit-01.txt 

Title:                      Experiments on SPIT in the Commercial VoIP
Services

Creation_date:       2007-11-16

WG ID:                   Indvidual Submission

Number_of_pages: 14

Abstract:

This document shows some experimental results on SPIT on commercial VoIP
services, in which a SIP UA has not been secured by SIP security protocol
such as TLS. Although many service providers have been applying the HTTP
digest scheme to authenticate a SIP UA, they often do not apply SIP
signaling protection against potential threats between the SIP UA and the
SIP proxy. This cause vulnerabilities to the VoIP services like SPIT. The
aim of this memo is to inform the service providers of SPIT threats by
showing some experimental results of SPIT on current VoIP networks.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP