Subject: [Sipping] Some comments to the draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-02.txt

From: "Alexeitsev, D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:58:51 +0100

Hi,

* My understanding is that the protocol discriminator is the first octet
in the User-to-User header value. This should be reflected in the draft.

* There needs to be procedures on what do if the data is too long (ISUP
only allows 128 bytes). Should it be silently discarded, or should the
carrying SIP message be rejected with an error response?

* What is the right encoding:

A) Take the hex data and convert each byte to the hex equivalent
B) Take each nibble (4 bits) and converts that to an ASCII equivalent of
the hex digit.

Greetings,
Denis Alexeitsev

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP