Subject: [Sipping] Updated DNS-SD ("Bonjour") draft

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:20:02 -0500

We updated the draft on discovering SIP URIs using DNS-SD, better  
known as Apple Bonjour.  This version addresses the criticism on the  
previous version that it was somewhat hard to read for those who  
aren't familiar with Bonjour.  The introduction has been rewritten and  
a tutorial section explaining the message flow of a simple example  
scenario has been added.  The tutorial section would serve as a nice 2- 
page summary for those of you who have been meaning to learn how  
Bonjour works.

The abstract and the URL are below:

	Title           : SIP URI Service Discovery using DNS-SD
	Author(s)       : J. Lee, et al.
	Filename        : draft-lee-sip-dns-sd-uri-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2007-11-18

This document describes how to use the DNS-based Service Discovery
(DNS-SD), better known as Apple Bonjour, for advertising Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) URIs in local area networks.  Using this
mechanism, a SIP user agent (UA) can communicate with another UA even
when no SIP registrar is available, as in a wireless ad-hoc network
for example.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-sip-dns-sd-uri-02.txt

Comments are appreciated.

Henning & Jae

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP