Subject: [Sipping] Agenda request for new draft draft-hellstrom-txtgwy-00.txt

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:23:17 +0100

A draft has recently been submitted that relates to the Sipping group.

It is a proposed BCP for procedures for interworking between SIP UAs and
PSTN Textphones.
I would appreciate if it could get a short agenda point in the Sipping
Agenda. Arnoud van Wijk is prepared to present it.

And we look of course also forward to discussions in the list.

Gunnar 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Gunnar Hellström
Omnitor
[email-masked]
Tel: +46708204288
www.omnitor.se

Subject: I-D Action:draft-hellstrom-txtgwy-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Real-time text interworking between PSTN and IP
networks
	Author(s)       : G. Hellstrom, et al.
	Filename        : draft-hellstrom-txtgwy-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2007-11-10

IP networks can support real-time text communication.  SIP-based
real- time text is called Text-over-IP or ToIP.  PSTN networks support
real-time text using textphones (or TTYs).  When real-time text is supported
by different networks, gateways are needed to provide interoperability.
Real-time text capable gateways may also support real-time voice.

This specification describes procedures for interworking between ToIP and
PSTN textphones using a real-time text capable gateway (RTT gateway).  It
also describes ways to route calls to RTT gateways for several call
scenarios.

Procedures that support the phased introduction of RTT gateways and
procedures that support the invocation of text channels at any time during
the call are included.  Interworking of PSTN textphones that do not support
simultaneity of voice and text with IP User Agents that support simultaneous
voice and text is also described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hellstrom-txtgwy-00.txt

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP