Subject: [Sipping] FW: New Version Notification for draft-schwartz-sipping-domain-marking-requirements-00

From: "David Schwartz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:14:17 +0200

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Mon 11/12/2007 2:58 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for          draft-schwartz-sipping-domain-marking-requirements-00 

A new version of I-D, draft-schwartz-sipping-domain-marking-requirements-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by David Schwartz and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-schwartz-sipping-domain-marking-requirements
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Requirements for domain marking for the purpose of Upstream Traffic Characterization
Creation_date:	 2007-11-12
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 6

Abstract:
SIP as defined in RFC 3261 [1] defines a Via header as a construct to
be used for upstream response routing and for downstream assistance
in loop detection.  There is an increasing need on downstream
administrative domains (ADs) to gain visibility into all the ADs in
its upstream path.  The information needed is not IP based as
internal architectures at upstream ADs is of no consequence to
downstream ADs.  Logical domain marking, however, is desperately
needed for any traffic analysis to occur at the receiving side.
Gathering AD information from Via headers is non obvious and in many
instances nearly impossible.  This documents identifies the
requirements for addressing this issue.

The IETF Secretariat.

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP