Subject: [Sipping] PAI in responses in draft-elwell-sipping-update-pai-02

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:23:37 -0800

So the total requirements for this seem to be
    There are cases where the inclusion of the P-Asserted-Identity  
header
    field in responses would be useful.

I think we need to get far more specific about what the requirements  
are here and what we would be able to accomplish with it. Without  
this I don't think it is possible to decide if this meets the  
requirements. It also makes it very hard to determine what is needed.  
As such, I think more is needed here if it is going to be in the WG  
draft.

Cullen <with my individual hat on>

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 22:41:17 +0000

Cullen,

It is not just PAI in responses - there are other enhancements too. But
I agree that motivation for each, particular for PAI in responses, needs
to be elaborated. Will address in next draft.

John 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Cullen Jennings [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 04 December 2007 22:24
> To: sipping
> Subject: [Sipping] PAI in responses in 
> draft-elwell-sipping-update-pai-02
> 
>

---

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 22:41:17 +0000

Cullen,

John

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:48:17 -0800

On Dec 4, 2007, at 2:41 PM, Elwell, John wrote:

> It is not just PAI in responses - there are other enhancements too.

For most of the other enhancements, I have a slightly better idea how  
they might be used. However I still think on all of them you would  
need to be very clear about what the requirements are for how they  
interact with existing and perhaps contradictory security mechanisms  
that specify identities.